November 23, 2017, 12:41:50 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 5953 times)

October 20, 2017, 04:37:06 AM
Reply #30

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I think people rate him because he's young and does a number of things to a reasonable standard.

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 04:38:18 AM
Reply #31

Coyb12

October 20, 2017, 04:38:46 AM
Reply #32

mikey_blue

Shit fan.

October 20, 2017, 04:39:08 AM
Reply #33

Macca77

What the fuck is this!? I leave you all alone for 10 minutes and this happens

October 20, 2017, 04:41:28 AM
Reply #34

Coyb12

October 20, 2017, 04:45:38 AM
Reply #35

KoemansNumberTens

You're obsessed with this harry kane thing despite the fact it's barely ever been mentioned.

There was a fucking thread on it. Loads of people on here have stated how great DCL is. He's scored 1 league goal in about 20 games. It's bordering on delusional on current performances

October 20, 2017, 04:47:32 AM
Reply #36

wepull

What can you see in him.?
He's fast, decent in air, his passing skills is fine also he can with the ball when given the space, his finishing skills surely can be improved but he hasn't really missed any one on ones this season.

Given all this, I don't think he should be starting every match for a club like ours at this age. He's far from ready and should ideally been used as an option from the bench at the max. He's not ready to take on defenders of PL calibre or be the focal point of our attack. He was playing U-21s last season, played like 3-4 matches for the first team in the whole of last season and now suddenly he's our main striker and written off by our fans already. He needs time to develop his skills and I would say he's actually progressed tremendously since he first came in.

It's not his fault that he's been played in all matches which he isn't ready for and that too in a team which struggles to string 3 passes in a row in the opposition half.

October 20, 2017, 04:51:59 AM
Reply #37

Coyb12

He's fast, decent in air, his passing skills is fine also he can with the ball when given the space, his finishing skills surely can be improved but he hasn't really missed any one on ones this season.

Given all this, I don't think he should be starting every match for a club like ours at this age. He's far from ready and should ideally been used as an option from the bench at the max. He's not ready to take on defenders of PL calibre or be the focal point of our attack. He was playing U-21s last season, played like 3-4 matches for the first team in the whole of last season and now suddenly he's our main striker and written off by our fans already. He needs time to develop his skills and I would say he's actually progressed tremendously since he first came in.

It's not his fault that he's been played in all matches which he isn't ready for and that too in a team which struggles to string 3 passes in a row in the opposition half.
He certainly is not fast,and he movement is non existent,he an ok player and will improve but not to any top quality standard.

October 20, 2017, 04:52:23 AM
Reply #38

Tofifee

You will all call koeman every name under the sun but dare I say anything about DCL and itS below the belt due to his age......hhhmmm......that would give 18 yr old Rooney a laugh! DCL is a minted footballer, I am sure he will get over it if I don't rate him ffs ! God help him the misfortune......its nothing personal against him but he, for me, offers nothing. And the sight of him and  Mason laughing walking off the pitch infuriated me. Seems this hurts me more than them.....maybe it does, I am broke.

October 20, 2017, 04:56:00 AM
Reply #39

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
He's sound DCL
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 20, 2017, 04:56:16 AM
Reply #40

ally2

Were they laughing?  That's a big deal for me. You hear the top players don't want to talk if they lose, they're bad losers, they feel physically sick.

October 20, 2017, 04:56:40 AM
Reply #41

Stumpy

I myself don't see anything in him,but it's far to early to write him off.He's not anywhere near ready to lead the the line for any premiership club,never mind us.However that's not his fault,thats down to Walsh and Koeman for leaving us with this shambles.

October 20, 2017, 04:56:58 AM
Reply #42

Tofifee

By the way, people giving RK abuse for not signing a striker..... Pretty sure it wasn't his doing.......the days of managers buying players are gone, RK was like a lunatic we didn't buy a striker

October 20, 2017, 04:59:51 AM
Reply #43

Tofifee

Were they laughing?  That's a big deal for me. You hear the top players don't want to talk if they lose, they're bad losers, they feel physically sick.
they were, I was livid. Williams might be chronic but he had the  good grace to be genuinely disgusted post match

October 20, 2017, 05:06:22 AM
Reply #44

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't get the hype last year, I didn't think he was a particularly natural finisher for a striker. He's shown more in parts of this season though. That said, he's a bring him on with 20 mins to go when we're winning type of player right now. He's not what we should be relying on at all at this juncture.

We're absolutely desperate for a striker, a leader at that end of the pitch.