November 19, 2017, 12:59:13 PM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 5735 times)

October 20, 2017, 05:36:09 AM
Reply #45

UnsyisaRhino

This thread is sad, half of the stuff he's bring critised for can be attributed to our poor form, lack of confidence and the snails pace at which we move the ball. The other half is bollocks.

How anyone can say he isn't quick is beyond me, and worse than beckford?!??! Get a grip.

It's like there has been a collective loss of perspective.

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 05:39:25 AM
Reply #46

Lxxx

He just got schooled tonight by a couple of experienced centre halves who took it in turns to bully him. Wasn't his fault. They were twice his size and he was being asked to jump for balls he had no hope of winning.

Watched him closely tonight and he looked knackered and dispirited but nearly got a great goal at the end. Cut him some slack, he should never be leading the line at his age.

October 20, 2017, 05:40:40 AM
Reply #47

KoemansNumberTens

This thread is sad, half of the stuff he's bring critised for can be attributed to our poor form, lack of confidence and the snails pace at which we move the ball. The other half is bollocks.

How anyone can say he isn't quick is beyond me, and worse than beckford?!??! Get a grip.

It's like there has been a collective loss of perspective.

He's got 1 league goal. I don't see how anyone can confidently predict he's going to be a decent top flight player. Not saying he isn't but the performances haven't been good

October 20, 2017, 05:44:48 AM
Reply #48

SANA_DR0

Were they laughing?  That's a big deal for me. You hear the top players don't want to talk if they lose, they're bad losers, they feel physically sick.

I feel theres a great camaradori in the under 23 team, which Davies, DCL, Holgate, Lookman where apart of, in their interviews they possess charisma and they get on really well / have great banta.. Least it shows that these guys aren;t down.. they have positive attitudes and they dont shy from the ball when they play.

maybe they had bets on for Koeman being sacked in the morning or more likely smiling cos they know Unsworth will be there manager again. :D
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 20, 2017, 06:22:46 AM
Reply #49

Major Clanger

He's got 1 league goal. I don't see how anyone can confidently predict he's going to be a decent top flight player. Not saying he isn't but the performances haven't been good

Can you remind us all how many goals have we scored in total? Yes, exactly.

He's not the natural finisher Lukaku was at his age, but he's got a far better first touch than Lukaku will ever have, he's got a decent turn of pace and is always looking to isolate and beat defenders.

What he isn't good enough for is to be the lone striker/target man/battering ram/winger/universal outball in a dysfunctional team. But then not many players are.

He needs to work on his heading (he's good at flicking on long balls forward but not good at heading on goal) and his upper body strength. And he shouldn't be played all game every game at his age, but that shouldn't even need saying.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:25:23 AM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 20, 2017, 06:38:21 AM
Reply #50

gizzblue

He's being asked to do way to much for a young lad ffs give the lad a break ... he's showed more than half the fucking team at times being played out of position ...he's a twenty mins at the end when everyone's knackered player at the min leading the line for a shit team with no tactics and an inept manager .
This thread Sounds like a touch of jelousy .😅😅

October 20, 2017, 06:44:12 AM
Reply #51

arteta4spain

The problem we have with dcl is that he's young quite inexperienced and what kind of service is he getting lately.
I said to some lad at the game, even Lukaku would have struggled to score against these tonight.
People moan about Rooney coming all the way back into midfield to retrieve the ball. Is that what you want DCL to do? Give the lad a break, we're more HOPING he can become something like Harry Kane. We aren't gonna crucify him if he doesn't. Felt for the lad tonight he tried hard and as it's been mentioned their cbs were fucking units.
Blame Koeman on this not DCL, he's trying his best and yes it's probably not good enough right now but honestly it's not his fault.

October 20, 2017, 07:00:09 AM
Reply #52

Dr. Sponge

Starting this thread is ridiculous.

He's 20!

And actually he's done really well in spells...

It's the club that's failed us, by not signing another striker or two.

It's embarrassing that a PL club has a 20 year old as its only recognised striker.

No other club in the league is in our position, it's absolute negligence by those who were responsible for recruitment this summer.

But to criticise DCL for any of it isn't just being a shit fan, it's fucking stupidity.

He shouldn't be burdened with shouldering this responsibility at his age.

October 20, 2017, 12:33:24 PM
Reply #53

BlueBeagle

Based on the finishing he's shown to date I don't think he's a natural goalscorer

October 20, 2017, 01:54:33 PM
Reply #54

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not sure people are slagging him off or blaming him for anything just saying the jury is still out as to if he's going to have a successful career as a top flight striker

People keep implying he's done well this season but the reality is there's probably a better striker at almost every other premiership club. The reality is he's pretty much proved to not be currently good enough. I really don't understand why everyone wants to make out that's people getting on his back, it's really not. He's vastly improved from last season and currently well short of being good enough.

October 20, 2017, 01:56:36 PM
Reply #55

Waltzer

He's being asked to do way to much for a young lad ffs give the lad a break ... he's showed more than half the fucking team at times being played out of position ...he's a twenty mins at the end when everyone's knackered player at the min leading the line for a shit team with no tactics and an inept manager .
This thread Sounds like a touch of jelousy .😅😅

I agree, hes being put in situations that he shouldnt be. Its the failings of the board, I feel sorry for him tbh, hes doing his best with little experience at this level and here we are with some criticism him. I bet if people asked him if he thought he was ready for this he'd say no, but we have limited options so cut him some slack

October 20, 2017, 02:04:10 PM
Reply #56

stirlingblue

Great site lads

October 20, 2017, 02:05:10 PM
Reply #57

KoemansNumberTens

I agree, hes being put in situations that he shouldnt be. Its the failings of the board, I feel sorry for him tbh, hes doing his best with little experience at this level and here we are with some criticism him. I bet if people asked him if he thought he was ready for this he'd say no, but we have limited options so cut him some slack

What slack should we cut him. We don't think he's ready, you don't think he's ready and he probably doesn't think he's ready. I don't really understand the problem. No one is booing him or blaming him. Just saying he's not good enough.

October 20, 2017, 02:16:06 PM
Reply #58

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Plenty of strikers have been miles ahead of him aged 20.

I'm not writing him off and no doubt he'll improve over time, but I just don't see the signs that he's ultimately going to turn into a quality player.

Love to be proved wrong obviously.

October 20, 2017, 07:35:12 PM
Reply #59

BlueForYou

When 20 year old Trevor Steven started playing for us in 1983, people were writing him off (and the team, and Kendall) by Christmas and he didn't really get back in the side until Easter - by 1985 he was quality and playing for England

You can never predict when a player will start to come good - if at all
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick