November 22, 2017, 10:54:18 PM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 5950 times)

October 20, 2017, 09:45:52 PM
Reply #60

Tofifee

you would sware he was fukin 12 the way some of ye are talking!!!

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 09:50:34 PM
Reply #61

Major Clanger

Plenty of strikers have been miles ahead of him aged 20.

And plenty great strikers were way behind too.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 20, 2017, 10:03:53 PM
Reply #62

boothill

to be fair to the lad, the amount of chances we were creating over the last few seasons was by far more greater than this, we are woeful at creation this season, we are are woeful at everything this season. give the lad a break till we can do something for him i say

October 20, 2017, 10:06:09 PM
Reply #63

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
And plenty great strikers were way behind too.

For sure. I'm just pointing it out. Feels a bit from some on here that it's unacceptable to raise the possibility that DCL might not turn out to be all that good. Fact is his profile is high as he's had an unexpected, rapid progression to the first team and scored an important goal for England under 20s, but in terms of what we're actually seeing on the pitch it's nothing (in my opinion) to get excited about... and that very well may change and I hope it does. But right now the mere fact that he's playing and doing *some* things to a competent standard is not in of itself a reason to get excited. If he was doing what players like Lukaku, Owen, Rashford, Barmby, Anelka, Rooney were doing when they were 20, then yeah let's get excited. But he's not.

October 20, 2017, 10:14:13 PM
Reply #64

Major Clanger

For sure. I'm just pointing it out. Feels a bit from some on here that it's unacceptable to raise the possibility that DCL might not turn out to be all that good. Fact is his profile is high as he's had an unexpected, rapid progression to the first team and scored an important goal for England under 20s, but in terms of what we're actually seeing on the pitch it's nothing (in my opinion) to get excited about... and that very well may change and I hope it does. But right now the mere fact that he's playing and doing *some* things to a competent standard is not in of itself a reason to get excited. If he was doing what players like Lukaku, Owen, Rashford, Barmby, Anelka, Rooney were doing when they were 20, then yeah let's get excited. But he's not.

I I refer you to the opening post of this thread.

October 20, 2017, 10:14:29 PM
Reply #65

Tofifee

I fear DCL will be more Danny Cadamateri than Danny Welbeck :(
(and some of you scoffed at the idea of us buying Welbeck!)

October 20, 2017, 10:18:52 PM
Reply #66

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I I refer you to the opening post of this thread.

Well yes that was idiotic but there's a spectrum of opinions between that and what the "he can do no wrong" brigade are saying.

October 20, 2017, 10:20:32 PM
Reply #67

blueski

still has bags of talent and potential but seems like in an ideal situation we should be mimicing (no clue how to spell that word by the way) Chelsea by sending him out on loan somewhere lower level where he can score and build up some form and confidence without the immense pressure anyone playing up top for EFC is under at the moment
Nil Satis

October 20, 2017, 10:24:26 PM
Reply #68

Major Clanger

Well yes that was idiotic but there's a spectrum of opinions between that and what the "he can do no wrong" brigade are saying.

I don't think there is a single member of this hypothetical "he can do no wrong" brigade you're mentioning. I certainly haven't seen anyone on this forum saying it.

October 20, 2017, 10:26:34 PM
Reply #69

Faceatthefence

Clearlry the issue is the football club,here we have a one and half million chance buy thats improved since his arrival thats clearly obvious.What is also staring you in the face is DCL is nowhere near good enough to lead the line for any Premier league outfit.Massive responsibility for the  lad in a piss poor side trying to play off scraps,if the club attends to business he would still be on the bench learning his trade in the normal progressive manner.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 20, 2017, 10:28:33 PM
Reply #70

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Con said he's too young to be getting flack and 20 people liked it.

Interesting that Lukaku at the same age here divided opinion and was criticised plenty, despite actually scoring shit loads of goals.

Obviously I'm mostly just jealous of Con for getting 20 likes.

October 20, 2017, 10:28:47 PM
Reply #71

KoemansNumberTens

I don't think there is a single member of this hypothetical "he can do no wrong" brigade you're mentioning. I certainly haven't seen anyone on this forum saying it.

I can't remember who it was but 1 person implied he was the best young player in the world.

I've no clue what he's going to become but I think it's a fair comment to suggest he might not even have a future in the top flight. I just don't see it when he plays.

October 20, 2017, 10:39:06 PM
Reply #72

Major Clanger

I can't remember who it was but 1 person implied he was the best young player in the world.

That's still a very thin brigade :)

October 20, 2017, 10:40:58 PM
Reply #73

BlueForYou

One of the angry birds on here
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 10:43:05 PM
Reply #74

Gary1878

There are plenty of far worse things about Everton to discuss than this. DCL is one of the only bright sparks of the season, and now fans are trying to get on his back.

He has put in some decent displays this season so far, unlike most of our squad. Leave him alone.