November 22, 2017, 01:43:42 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 5909 times)

October 20, 2017, 10:44:22 PM
Reply #75

KoemansNumberTens

That's still a very thin brigade :)

Of course. There's a lot who view him a lot more positive than any of what he's done on the pitch though. Maybe they watch a lot of youth football.
I think people just want anything to cling to.

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 10:45:45 PM
Reply #76

KoemansNumberTens

There are plenty of far worse things about Everton to discuss than this. DCL is one of the only bright sparks of the season, and now fans are trying to get on his back.

He has put in some decent displays this season so far, unlike most of our squad. Leave him alone.

I don't really see the bright sparks. He's been as poor as everyone else.

October 20, 2017, 10:47:40 PM
Reply #77

BlueForYou

We all need something to cling on to
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 10:55:47 PM
Reply #78

Gary1878

I don't really see the bright sparks. He's been as poor as everyone else.

Really? He has been as poor as Williams? Martina? Schnederlin? Sandro? Klaasen? Really? Are you seriously tarnishing him with the same brush as the aforementioned players?

October 20, 2017, 11:53:13 PM
Reply #79

D15TIN

He needs a run of goals, saw in the U20 world cup and in patches this season that as a STRIKER he's got potential

Likes of Klaasen & Sandro concern me more than him by a long way. Klaasen mostly.

October 21, 2017, 12:12:04 AM
Reply #80

KoemansNumberTens

Really? He has been as poor as Williams? Martina? Schnederlin? Sandro? Klaasen? Really? Are you seriously tarnishing him with the same brush as the aforementioned players?

Yeah pretty much he has. He's done next to nothing. Williams last night produced a better performance than DCL has all season. You're talking in fractions. He's been better than some worse than others but there's not anyone who's been close to being good. I really just don't see it with him.

October 21, 2017, 01:10:53 AM
Reply #81

SANA_DR0

I watched the Williams incident again, Davies Holgate and DCL where the first players running to support Williams.. they care for the club, they are passionate towards the club.. all 3 of them got involved with the Lyon players.. yet Schneiderlin / Martina / dont show any of that...

These kids have the Everton mindframe/sprit, only a few of our senior players know what it means to play for Everton... lots of players brought in know fuck all what Everton is/means... the only reason the kids have it is due to Unsworth, the reason some senior players have it is due to Moyes / Martinez... Koeman has never shown himself to care for the club values we have had.. hence his players seem to give up.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 21, 2017, 02:27:56 AM
Reply #82

BlueForYou

Who has brought those youngsters in and persevered with them?

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 21, 2017, 02:59:52 AM
Reply #83

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Kids a baller. If you havenít seen his classy little touches and flicks then it sucks to be you.

October 21, 2017, 03:08:20 AM
Reply #84

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah pretty much he has. He's done next to nothing. Williams last night produced a better performance than DCL has all season. You're talking in fractions. He's been better than some worse than others but there's not anyone who's been close to being good. I really just don't see it with him.

I agree with the fact that he's not been that good over the course of his appearances to date. He had a great game against Man City, but it's only been little moments aside from that game. Akin in some ways to Lookman (obviously he's had far less playing time).

Unless he's scoring goals or assisting us in scoring through hold up play then I don't think much else counts. And he hasn't done either of those things enough. I suppose he might just be the best option we have but that doesn't necessarily mean he's good enough.

If we had actually signed a striker this wouldn't have been a conversation as he'd not be playing much.

I appreciate people don't want to knock him as he's young, but he's playing for a PL club here with apparent aspirations of European football. So it's just a simple question of is he good enough for that job currently?

There are no goal or assist tallies that would suggest he was close right now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:10:46 AM by blueToffee »

October 21, 2017, 03:58:08 AM
Reply #85

KoemansNumberTens

Kids a baller. If you havenít seen his classy little touches and flicks then it sucks to be you.

You're very easily pleased.

October 21, 2017, 05:17:42 AM
Reply #86

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
You're very easily pleased.

Could be. Either way, I enjoy watching him try entertaining things. Better than the rest of them trying absolutely nothing. Kidís a baller.

October 21, 2017, 06:30:38 AM
Reply #87

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I like him.

Think he's got all the attributes to be a really good player.

October 21, 2017, 05:48:34 PM
Reply #88

SANA_DR0

would help DCL alot if he had a proper number 9 to learn the game off of. but i guess Koemans expects him  to be Lukaku-esque. beat 3 men and score each time.. i feel sorry he does all the donkey work, hardly anyone is near him to support.. we have no creativity in the centre,. but yet Evertonians still blame DCL.

i guess you guys expexct him to be lukaku too.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 21, 2017, 05:55:13 PM
Reply #89

KoemansNumberTens

would help DCL alot if he had a proper number 9 to learn the game off of. but i guess Koemans expects him  to be Lukaku-esque. beat 3 men and score each time.. i feel sorry he does all the donkey work, hardly anyone is near him to support.. we have no creativity in the centre,. but yet Evertonians still blame DCL.

i guess you guys expexct him to be lukaku too.

Blame him for what? Genuine question what do you think people are blaming him for?