November 21, 2017, 04:50:43 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 5849 times)

October 22, 2017, 11:47:07 PM
Reply #180

boothill

And learn him how to finish? And get assists? And hold play up?
Pointless saying well if he had this or that etc - he hasnít, heís poor
that all comes with confidence and experience, being verbally destroyed by people no were near his level wont help, probably wont arse him either like, remember hes been pushed up as the focal point in a very poor team at the moment, he will gain from this, the sharps,heaths,grays, johnstons and lukakus all had lean spells and came very good

deCoubertin

October 22, 2017, 11:53:51 PM
Reply #181

KoemansNumberTens

that all comes with confidence and experience, being verbally destroyed by people no were near his level wont help, probably wont arse him either like, remember hes been pushed up as the focal point in a very poor team at the moment, he will gain from this, the sharps,heaths,grays, johnstons and lukakus all had lean spells and came very good

Being verbally destroyed by people nowhere near his level? Firstly verbally destroyed is a little ott and secondly these people nowhere near his level? Is that us the fans. Are you suggesting we should think every professional footballer is unbelievable because they are all infinitely better than us. Might as well shut the forum now non of us are entitled to an opinion on anything because the team the manager and the board are all better than us

October 23, 2017, 12:00:20 AM
Reply #182

boothill

Being verbally destroyed by people nowhere near his level? Firstly verbally destroyed is a little ott and secondly these people nowhere near his level? Is that us the fans. Are you suggesting we should think every professional footballer is unbelievable because they are all infinitely better than us. Might as well shut the forum now non of us are entitled to an opinion on anything because the team the manager and the board are all better than us
how can someone say a PROFESSIONAL premiership footballer is rubbish when they are not at that level or never have been at that level before, criticize and have an opinion by all means, but to call them crap is a bit daft

October 23, 2017, 12:01:42 AM
Reply #183

Simon Paul

Administrator
thought he did OK today despite being horribly isolated most of the game

showed some good hold-up play a few times but he needs some confidence

October 23, 2017, 12:02:53 AM
Reply #184

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
thought he did OK today despite being horribly isolated most of the game

showed some good hold-up play a few times but he needs some confidence

This could apply to pretty much all of the team

October 23, 2017, 12:03:45 AM
Reply #185

everton1952

DCL was not poor today. He did OK with nobody around him to assist. Not saying he will ever make a decent striker, but there are some good aspects to his play. Admittedly the chances of him actually scoring a goal are remote.   

October 23, 2017, 12:07:54 AM
Reply #186

KoemansNumberTens

how can someone say a PROFESSIONAL premiership footballer is rubbish when they are not at that level or never have been at that level before, criticize and have an opinion by all means, but to call them crap is a bit daft

I think it means crap compared to the average premiership footballer. Not crap compared to me. By your thinking they are all utterly brilliant. Which of course they are compared to the average man on the street who would die if he had to run about for 90 minutes

October 23, 2017, 12:13:49 AM
Reply #187

boothill

I think it means crap compared to the average premiership footballer. Not crap compared to me. By your thinking they are all utterly brilliant. Which of course they are compared to the average man on the street who would die if he had to run about for 90 minutes
possibly utterly brilliant at football yes, probably shite at nursing or joinery, and i'd die if i had to run around for 25 minutes now

October 23, 2017, 12:23:55 AM
Reply #188

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Bizarre the criticising of Calvert Lewin seemingly above all other young players. What's Davies doing? Where is his thread?

The young players have all shown decent periods of promise they aren't the weakness in this squad

October 23, 2017, 12:26:38 AM
Reply #189

Terry from Town

Calvert Lewis is a really good young player, heís been unexpectedly thrust into the first team but he will be a great player in a few years

October 23, 2017, 12:29:29 AM
Reply #190

KoemansNumberTens

Bizarre the criticising of Calvert Lewin seemingly above all other young players. What's Davies doing? Where is his thread?

The young players have all shown decent periods of promise they aren't the weakness in this squad

I think Davies has shown an awful lot more to date. People are saying DCL had a good game when he battles to win a few throw ins. I know he's not helped by anyone else but he's not been good. Davies hasn't either but weve seen much better from him last season. I genuinely not convinced DCL will be a premier league football in the long term

October 23, 2017, 12:31:58 AM
Reply #191

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think Davies has shown an awful lot more to date. People are saying DCL had a good game when he battles to win a few throw ins. I know he's not helped by anyone else but he's not been good. Davies hasn't either but weve seen much better from him last season. I genuinely not convinced DCL will be a premier league football in the long term

I think Davies performances last season were overrated almost as much as Calvert Lewins now. Every young player who has some sort of decent spell is hailed as superb. They are set up to fail

October 23, 2017, 12:49:02 AM
Reply #192

KoemansNumberTens

I think Davies performances last season were overrated almost as much as Calvert Lewins now. Every young player who has some sort of decent spell is hailed as superb. They are set up to fail

I don't think Davies was brilliant either but he looked a decent premier league player in longish spells and he's only young. That's reason for optimism. I'm not sure DCL has looked that. I think it's almost just accepted he is and what we see is down to everyone else
If I'd said this in the summer a lot would have agreed with me. His stock seems to have risen greatly on account of being a tryer and us being shit

October 23, 2017, 12:49:34 AM
Reply #193

UnsyisaRhino

He held the ball up well and worked hard today, i dont think there was much more he could have done and i think taking him off was a mistake.

October 23, 2017, 12:53:25 AM
Reply #194

Coyb12

Calvert Lewis is a really good young player, heís been unexpectedly thrust into the first team but he will be a great player in a few years
No he won't be maybe ok but certainly will not be great.