December 19, 2018, 09:40:13 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 34405 times)

September 17, 2018, 03:20:46 PM
Reply #45

KoemansNumberTens

Yet to have a single very good/great game for us. He’s only vastly upping his level and consistency away from being a good player

September 19, 2018, 12:10:13 AM
Reply #46

KoemansNumberTens

Koeman signing all day that

He was lazy in the market and just saturated the squad with bog standard premiere league players because he didn’t know anything else.

For all the stick Walsh gets he could still pick you up a gem (Lookman, Henry O) and be creative in the market with signings like Sandro.

Koeman is the one to blame for signings like Bolasie, Williams, Sigurdsson, Morgan. He has form for doing this sort of thing at other clubs and it can take years to recover from it.

I said at the time Sigurdsson is a signing we shouldn’t be making at all but a lot of us we’re stoned under a cloud of making everyone’s head fall off because we’re spending money and went along with it.

25mil at most we should’ve spent on him, even then I would’ve been sceptical.

‘It’s not your money so why are you bothered how much he costs’ people said. Well now we have a player who cost us 45mil who doesn’t fit into the system, but will no doubt get shoehorned in somewhere because he’s our record signing.

Think koeman thought he’d found his perfect job. Load of big money signings from lesser sides without much thought. We’d finish 7th comfortably for minimum work and he’d take the 8m a year until something better came up.

He genuinely didn’t give a fuck about balance, squad building or even value.

September 19, 2018, 12:14:18 AM
Reply #47

KoemansNumberTens

Sigurdsson is as bad a signing as is possible. Obviously there’s been much bigger flops but you could at least see the potential of them moves. We got exactly what his entire career suggested we would. He wasn’t suitable, good enough or reasonable value at the point of purchase. Real mismanagement.

September 24, 2018, 12:14:50 AM
Reply #48

KoemansNumberTens

I genuinely can't believe how highly he's rated on here. Has he had a single game of real quality yet. He's the worst of our 3 strikers

September 24, 2018, 12:26:26 AM
Reply #49

KoemansNumberTens

A bit of confirmation bias this. He's rated but most recognise he's young and not ready to be featuring much

I’m genuinely curious as to what people would say his best game has been in the league?

Look obviously I say some daft shite and some of my opinions prove to be plainly wrong but people seem to imply he’s “a baller” i don’t see a player who’ll have any real success in the premier league. Really hope I’m wrong. We need a good striker.

September 24, 2018, 12:47:09 AM
Reply #50

KoemansNumberTens

Before Lukaku, who was our most reliable and prolific scorer over a season or more? Most have been short term one season wonders sort of.

Yak looked great until he got injured.
We’ve had a lot of really shite forwards in recent times.

September 25, 2018, 01:44:04 AM
Reply #51

KoemansNumberTens

Absolutely disgusting opinion.

He’s scored us some goals and won us some games

September 30, 2018, 02:08:20 AM
Reply #52

KoemansNumberTens

Tosan is light years ahead of him. I can't believe it's even a debate. Decent hold up play and very good finishing vs he tries hard and we'd like him to be good

October 03, 2018, 12:58:05 PM
Reply #53

KoemansNumberTens

None of the above is probably the answer but then why not play the player that has the highest chance of improving?

At least develop an asset further even if it just means selling them later at a higher price.

Because he's a lesser player by a considerable distance. Most of our players aren't the answer to our top 4 ambitions. Doesn't mean we should play the under 16s though

October 03, 2018, 02:45:27 PM
Reply #54

KoemansNumberTens

He really is not though.

We are talking about a full international who's scored goals in the champions league vs a lad who tries hard. There's a massive difference imo

October 03, 2018, 10:42:32 PM
Reply #55

KoemansNumberTens

Of course it's not a foregone conclusion. It's certainly possible for Tosun to adapt and improve.

The way I see it is Tosun is at an age where players don't tend to change much and his best performances were in a league where past-it 30+ year olds regularly top the scoring charts. Even if he adapts, I'm not bullish on his upside.

He did okay in the champions league too. DCL best performances are when? I genuinely can't recall a single game where he's been really good. Maybe against a lower league side in the cup.

October 03, 2018, 10:50:46 PM
Reply #56

KoemansNumberTens

How are his keepy-ups?

His touch. Better than lukakus so I would imagine he could do a couple of 100 no problem

October 03, 2018, 10:51:56 PM
Reply #57

KoemansNumberTens

Only time I can think of was vs Man City ?

Even then it was backs to the wall chasing lost causes. He's not once looked like a quality premier league player. Surely a young player's consistency should be the issue not his actual top level