November 17, 2018, 06:47:58 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 32829 times)

September 02, 2018, 04:59:10 PM
Reply #375

sam of the south

They have but I can well imagine him and Richarlison interchanging positions quite effectively as they're both tall, athletic, fast and mobile. One or the other/both will get into goal scoring positions if theyíre both on the pitch.

I would like to think that can happen, but who knows.

Neither of them have had much success (as far as I know) as a CF, and one of the reasons they will get joy from wide is using their physicality to dominate full-backs and drift in, which is of course harder to mark.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2018, 08:16:39 PM
Reply #376

Lxxx

I would like to think that can happen, but who knows.

Neither of them have had much success (as far as I know) as a CF, and one of the reasons they will get joy from wide is using their physicality to dominate full-backs and drift in, which is of course harder to mark.

Yeh true. Suppose I see more of a Lukaku-esque potential in him which Iíd like to see flourish. Henry wasnít the finisher he was at DCLís age so to try and integrate Richarlison and DCL in the team and watch them develop is exciting. The football romantic in me I suppose.

September 02, 2018, 08:43:26 PM
Reply #377

sam of the south

Yeh true. Suppose I see more of a Lukaku-esque potential in him which Iíd like to see flourish. Henry wasnít the finisher he was at DCLís age so to try and integrate Richarlison and DCL in the team and watch them develop is exciting. The football romantic in me I suppose.

Ainít nothing wrong in allowing the football romantic in you to dream  :wag:  :hug: 🍆
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2018, 09:21:40 PM
Reply #378

Evertonian in NC

He certainly has more ceiling than Tosun.  I'd like to see him have an extended run alongside Richarlison, and see what happens.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 03, 2018, 05:56:58 AM
Reply #379

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Are we already at the point where it feels like he should have a run in the Prem at CF over Tosun?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 03, 2018, 06:12:21 AM
Reply #380

Thornton_19

Are we already at the point where it feels like he should have a run in the Prem at CF over Tosun?
Cant wait until people start saying hes shit and not Premier League level. I give it until November.

September 03, 2018, 06:20:40 AM
Reply #381

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Cant wait until people start saying hes shit and not Premier League level. I give it until November.

There was plenty sat by me on Saturday saying exactly that.

Plenty on twitter as well!

Unless you mean Tosun - in which case, October I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 03, 2018, 06:34:27 AM
Reply #382

Thornton_19

There was plenty sat by me on Saturday saying exactly that.

Plenty on twitter as well!

Unless you mean Tosun - in which case, October I think.
It could be applied to either, which says a lot about our fans.

September 03, 2018, 02:18:55 PM
Reply #383

BlueBeagle

It could be applied to either, which says a lot about our fans.

It's not a phenomenon unique to Everton

September 03, 2018, 03:00:03 PM
Reply #384

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Tosun is playing well, just not getting into scoring positions.

Still give him a few more games but he needs to start bagging soon.

Shouldnít be throwing the baby out the bath water just yet.

September 03, 2018, 04:19:04 PM
Reply #385

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Good goal sat, did nowt else tho really, not a winger tho
Simply simply lovely

September 03, 2018, 05:00:20 PM
Reply #386

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
This thread was full of people slating him saying he wasn't good enough.
General education went on and people started to accept he had all the tools but then stated he needed some end product.
He's scored 2 different type of goals in 2 games (one on Sat and 1st on Wed being proper centre-forward goals. The other on Wed being an outrageous finish)
and we're back to his all-round game again?

September 03, 2018, 05:07:37 PM
Reply #387

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
His allround game is sound.

The best out there in terms of young strikers in the league.

September 03, 2018, 06:05:46 PM
Reply #388

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tosun is playing well, just not getting into scoring positions.

Still give him a few more games but he needs to start bagging soon.

Shouldnít be throwing the baby out the bath water just yet.

Thatís worrying though, isnít it?

If DCL is playing well and getting into positions, and scoring - why should Tosun start?

I didnít expect it to happen this quickly but itís happened lads, Calvert-Lewin Season is upon us, embrace it and the Turkish James Vaughan shall be eased out.

September 03, 2018, 06:07:29 PM
Reply #389

Shogun

Administrator
Thatís worrying though, isnít it?

If DCL is playing well and getting into positions, and scoring - why should Tosun start?

I didnít expect it to happen this quickly but itís happened lads, Calvert-Lewin Season is upon us, embrace it and the Turkish James Vaughan shall be eased out.

Can't wait to bump my "DCL is the next Harry Kane" thread
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth