December 14, 2018, 04:05:05 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 34084 times)

October 20, 2017, 02:04:10 PM
Read 34084 times

stirlingblue

Great site lads

September 05, 2018, 03:07:54 PM
Reply #1

stirlingblue

People are vastly underrating Jesusí all round game here, heís quite good in the air and can hold the ball up well for a smaller player.

Iím trying to think of a striker who DCL should be aiming to be like in a few years, Morata maybe?

September 05, 2018, 10:01:37 PM
Reply #2

stirlingblue

In reality, the fact that you can't think of a top striker who is similar to DCL might suggest that he's not going to get all the way to the top.

If you look for similar players in the league at the minute I'd say you're looking at Callum Wilson / Andre Gray / Joshua King and whilst they're solid premiership players he would need to massively include on his technique or finishing to offer anything more than them.

September 22, 2018, 09:01:20 PM
Reply #3

stirlingblue

Slagging off of Sigurdsson is way over the top imo.

Get we paid too much but he's nowhere near as poor as some of the carry on I'm reading here.

He's obviously a very good footballer but we're clearly not getting the best out of him.

For me, I don't think him and Tosun can work together as the front two as they both take up the same positions and neither of them run beyond. I think they're both too old to change their game massively so it's either drop Tosun for somebody more mobile like DCL or Richarlison or drop Sig back into the midfield proper.

As much as I love Gana I'd like to see Sig play in that role when we're against 'weaker' teams as Gana gets the ball 10 yards outside of the opposition box quite a lot, and we'd much prefer Sig to be in that scenario.

September 23, 2018, 01:30:44 AM
Reply #4

stirlingblue

I liked that post before I got to the final sentence.

What's your issue with the final sentence?