December 14, 2018, 04:01:52 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 34082 times)

September 05, 2018, 03:55:43 AM
Reply #420

Bally

Administrator
Nah, Jesus is way better at hanging in the air for crosses than DCL.
Also good at sneaking out from behind the wall
It's the roll I way

September 05, 2018, 03:56:40 AM
Reply #421

KoemansNumberTens

Again, at no point did TheRam say DCL is a better player than Rashford (or Jesus).

No but he used rashford not playing as evidence. Heís miles behind both. What does rounded me if you add but not great at anything. Iím rounded Iím shite at everything

September 05, 2018, 04:09:54 AM
Reply #422

Mayor Farnum

Competent at everything rarely leads to a worthwhile end product.
Gary Lineaker was hardly an all round player but his main asset meant he could continually use it because opponents were unable to cope with it.

September 05, 2018, 04:53:57 AM
Reply #423

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Niclas Alexandersson was a great all round utility player on Champ Manager 97/98.

I was well excited when he signed for Everton but he turned out to be shite.

September 05, 2018, 05:16:35 AM
Reply #424

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He hasn’t played enough to say what he’s very good or average at. If he gets 2000 minutes this year we will know.

He’s had about 300 and scored 3 goals in that time.

He’s going to be starting over Tosun soon so get used to the sight of him fellas.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 05, 2018, 03:07:54 PM
Reply #425

stirlingblue

People are vastly underrating Jesusí all round game here, heís quite good in the air and can hold the ball up well for a smaller player.

Iím trying to think of a striker who DCL should be aiming to be like in a few years, Morata maybe?

September 05, 2018, 04:36:10 PM
Reply #426

Cereal Killer

People are vastly underrating Jesusí all round game here, heís quite good in the air and can hold the ball up well for a smaller player.

Iím trying to think of a striker who DCL should be aiming to be like in a few years, Morata maybe?

What, like, at Chelsea and overrated?

September 05, 2018, 04:36:55 PM
Reply #427

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Morata is generally thought of as shite isn’t he? Massively underrated imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 05, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
Reply #428

Lxxx

Morata isnít great.

September 05, 2018, 06:01:18 PM
Reply #429

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Good player morata.

On DCL, he is a very rounded striker and can perform a number of different roles to a good level. He can play on the shoulder, with his back to goal, running the channels and even outwide if needed. Not many strikers around that can offer you that versatility.

I think ultimately, when he gets a run in a side upfront, heíll become a 1 in 3 striker whoíll also get himself a fair share of assists and generally be regarded as a very good top level striker.

September 05, 2018, 07:52:49 PM
Reply #430

Bluedylan

Not sure who Morata is underrated by tbh. He's played 60 odd games for Real Madrid, 60 odd games for Juventus, 30 odd games for Chelsea and 20 odd games for the Spanish national team.

DCL's nowhere near as good as Gabriel Jesus. Rashford it's hard to say, because Mourinho seems to be slowly ruining him.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 05, 2018, 07:57:07 PM
Reply #431

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nobody has said heís better than Jesus or rashford.

Just somebody took something completely out of context and youíve all just carried it on.

September 05, 2018, 08:04:43 PM
Reply #432

Bluedylan

Heís better than Jesus and rashford?

In terms of overall game, hold up play, stuff like that, iíd say yeah he probably is.   

I mean, you kinda did say that 'in terms of overall game'. And people are just disagreeing. Nowt bad, just a difference of opinion.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 05, 2018, 08:07:27 PM
Reply #433

Gary1878

Its difficult to place DCL and what his focal attribute is. He has a decent header in him, can hold the ball up well, and has a bit of pace. He is ok at finishing.

The difference between being good and being great as a striker is the movement off the ball to create space, and the first touch. The top guys like Aguero and Lukaku make it look easy when they finish, because their movement is so good and quick. Defenders struggle to contain them as they can't forecast where they will go. DCL doesn't have this level of skill in his locker, and needs to concentrate on other parts of his game to contribute to Everton.

September 05, 2018, 09:05:40 PM
Reply #434

Mayor Farnum

Take the name off the top of this thread and try to guess the Everton player. Paul Rideout would probably get a fair few votes.