November 13, 2018, 04:08:53 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 32270 times)

September 17, 2018, 09:01:58 PM
Reply #495

TheTone

ya Bernard needs to be included, proper player this lad, I think long term he's in there at No 10 instead of Siggy

September 17, 2018, 09:07:35 PM
Reply #496

Lxxx

ya Bernard needs to be included, proper player this lad, I think long term he's in there at No 10 instead of Siggy

Don't think there's a doubt about it. We need a No 10 who wants the ball and aims to do something with it.

September 17, 2018, 09:13:41 PM
Reply #497

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would start Bernard ahead of DCL every day of the week myself.

Not up front tho yeah
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 09:15:45 PM
Reply #498

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think there's a doubt about it. We need a No 10 who wants the ball and aims to do something with it.

Think we will probably abandon the number 10 shortly and move to 3 CMís like he had at Watford.

Painful but heís clearly not up to it nor will he ever be.

Give him a shot in cm and if he canít do it, drag him off and flog him asap.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 10:22:57 PM
Reply #499

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Not up front tho yeah

Not right up front no, either attacking/supplying from wide or in a number 10 roll.

September 18, 2018, 03:27:24 AM
Reply #500

Jamokachi

Not right up front no, either attacking/supplying from wide or in a number 10 roll.

aka, not DCL's positions.

September 18, 2018, 05:01:34 AM
Reply #501

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I just donít think has any redeeming qualities and would be very happy if silva put his faith in DCL.

Walcott DCL Richarlison

And then you see his strike on twitter from last years CL and you think -

Maybe itís because weíre not feeding him?

And you re-enter the Everton striker shame spiral.

September 18, 2018, 02:35:02 PM
Reply #502

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

aka, not DCL's positions.

Obviously, but the point was Richarlison could take up the spot of target man, which would mean his position going to Bernard. DCL is not a winger, and I honestly dont think he will make it as a top class centre forward either. He is a "good" player, just not a "very good" one, and if we want to improve our team, in an ever improving league, then we need to go one step better than DCL and Tosun and especially Niasse. A front 3 of Bernard - Richarlison - Walcott would be quite scary, all with pace and ability.

September 18, 2018, 06:11:16 PM
Reply #503

Jamokachi

Obviously, but the point was Richarlison could take up the spot of target man, which would mean his position going to Bernard. DCL is not a winger, and I honestly dont think he will make it as a top class centre forward either. He is a "good" player, just not a "very good" one, and if we want to improve our team, in an ever improving league, then we need to go one step better than DCL and Tosun and especially Niasse. A front 3 of Bernard - Richarlison - Walcott would be quite scary, all with pace and ability.

Why move Richardson tho? DCL up front and Bernard playing in the 10. That's keeping players in their positions, something it's about time we tried doing.

September 18, 2018, 06:14:45 PM
Reply #504

Morta75

DCL is a center fwd. not a out wide player. Play him where he should be playing and judge then, but he's coming to a point now and need to prove he can do it. Unless sell him next summer.

September 18, 2018, 07:16:56 PM
Reply #505

Waltzer

Why move Richardson tho? DCL up front and Bernard playing in the 10. That's keeping players in their positions, something it's about time we tried doing.

Richarlison has previously played upfront though, its not alien territory for him. He played up top for Brazil to recently and did extremely well, DCL cant even get a starting place in the England U21s, yet were debating the merits of him starting there over someone who has just played for Brazil in that position, despite their wealth of talent? Yes it was against El Salvador, but for him to get that recognition highlights his value and ability to play at the highest level in that position.

If DCL was at any other club I guarantee there would be outrage on here if we made a bid for him as he is nowhere near good enough for a team trying to get to progress. Yes he works his socks off and seems like a decent bloke but we need more than that. DCL is extremely fortunate to be at Everton and when he eventually goes id be amazed if its to another Premiership team.

September 18, 2018, 07:39:26 PM
Reply #506

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Richarlison has previously played upfront though, its not alien territory for him. He played up top for Brazil to recently and did extremely well, DCL cant even get a starting place in the England U21s, yet were debating the merits of him starting there over someone who has just played for Brazil in that position, despite their wealth of talent? Yes it was against El Salvador, but for him to get that recognition highlights his value and ability to play at the highest level in that position.

If DCL was at any other club I guarantee there would be outrage on here if we made a bid for him as he is nowhere near good enough for a team trying to get to progress. Yes he works his socks off and seems like a decent bloke but we need more than that. DCL is extremely fortunate to be at Everton and when he eventually goes id be amazed if its to another Premiership team.

Heís a premier league standard player like, to say otherwise is ridiculous imo.

Richarlison has been our biggest attacking threat from the left so why move him central?

Massive difference in playing against El Salvador to playing in the premier league.

Letís see what DCL has to offer upfront in a team that creates chances on the regular. I think he could be very effective.

September 18, 2018, 07:58:57 PM
Reply #507

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah if DCL gets a few starts at CF and doesnít deliver then Iíd be one of the first to say fuck him off for good then, but at the moment weíre playing him everywhere but and over his last 30 games all competitions all positions heís managed to produce goals and assists so worth a fuckin try innit?

September 18, 2018, 08:51:56 PM
Reply #508

Evertonian in NC

This seems right to me, play Siggy next to Gana OR Schneiderlin, since we see how poorly the AND works out.  Think he might complement Gana rather nicely.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 18, 2018, 09:46:02 PM
Reply #509

kramer0

This seems right to me, play Siggy next to Gana OR Schneiderlin, since we see how poorly the AND works out.  Think he might complement Gana rather nicely.

I don't think dropping Sigurdsson deeper is going to do anything. We need someone who gets on the ball a lot and passes it forward. From what I've seen for club and country, Sigurdsson isn't aggressive enough at seeking the ball and his quality as a passer is questionable at best. We need an entirely different sort of player in that area. We can't expect him to do something he's never done before.

At some point, Silva needs to consider Dowell as a starter, just to see what he can offer at this level. He showed some serious promise as an open play passer in the Championship last season and he's pretty good from dead ball situations, too.

On the topic of Calvert-Lewin... he should have had the second half of last season to play regularly and develop since we had absolutely nothing to play for. We never should have bothered signing Tosun.

Since we didn't do that then, I think we need to have a serious look now. He's clearly not a winger. Play him in his natural position and see what he can do, especially with Richarlison and Walcott flanking him.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:01:03 PM by kramer0 »