October 22, 2018, 10:09:11 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 30646 times)

September 22, 2018, 04:27:07 PM
Reply #540

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The new Henry?
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

September 22, 2018, 05:03:29 PM
Reply #541

BlueForYou

Good comparison

The Samba Henry
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 22, 2018, 09:01:20 PM
Reply #542

stirlingblue

Slagging off of Sigurdsson is way over the top imo.

Get we paid too much but he's nowhere near as poor as some of the carry on I'm reading here.

He's obviously a very good footballer but we're clearly not getting the best out of him.

For me, I don't think him and Tosun can work together as the front two as they both take up the same positions and neither of them run beyond. I think they're both too old to change their game massively so it's either drop Tosun for somebody more mobile like DCL or Richarlison or drop Sig back into the midfield proper.

As much as I love Gana I'd like to see Sig play in that role when we're against 'weaker' teams as Gana gets the ball 10 yards outside of the opposition box quite a lot, and we'd much prefer Sig to be in that scenario.

September 22, 2018, 09:41:20 PM
Reply #543

Lxxx

He's obviously a very good footballer but we're clearly not getting the best out of him.

For me, I don't think him and Tosun can work together as the front two as they both take up the same positions and neither of them run beyond. I think they're both too old to change their game massively so it's either drop Tosun for somebody more mobile like DCL or Richarlison or drop Sig back into the midfield proper.

As much as I love Gana I'd like to see Sig play in that role when we're against 'weaker' teams as Gana gets the ball 10 yards outside of the opposition box quite a lot, and we'd much prefer Sig to be in that scenario.

I liked that post before I got to the final sentence.

September 23, 2018, 01:30:44 AM
Reply #544

stirlingblue

I liked that post before I got to the final sentence.

What's your issue with the final sentence?

September 23, 2018, 07:47:35 PM
Reply #545

Lxxx

What's your issue with the final sentence?

A midfield two of Sig and Schneiderlin would be even more of an open door for teams to walk straight through the centre of the park. A more disciplined Gana (if that is possible) and Sig would make more sense.
I just think Gana gets the criticism he does as he's tries to do the job of two players in the centre of the park with very little support.

September 23, 2018, 11:59:41 PM
Reply #546

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Put in a stinker today.

Has to start taking his chances.

September 24, 2018, 12:02:29 AM
Reply #547

BlueBeagle

Not currently anywhere near the level required.

September 24, 2018, 12:04:35 AM
Reply #548

Lxxx

Simple ball across goal in the first minute and everything changes. Never looked like he had an idea of what he was going to do though.

I know better decision making comes with experience but this is top level football and it's pretty demanding unfortunately.

September 24, 2018, 12:06:15 AM
Reply #549

Macca77

Awful today, clearly not ready, but then again we don't have many other options really do we

September 24, 2018, 12:08:47 AM
Reply #550

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
When youíre at this level, when you get a chance to start you have to take it. Or at the least show something.

Not good enough.

September 24, 2018, 12:14:50 AM
Reply #551

KoemansNumberTens

I genuinely can't believe how highly he's rated on here. Has he had a single game of real quality yet. He's the worst of our 3 strikers

September 24, 2018, 12:24:05 AM
Reply #552

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I genuinely can't believe how highly he's rated on here. Has he had a single game of real quality yet. He's the worst of our 3 strikers

A bit of confirmation bias this. He's rated but most recognise he's young and not ready to be featuring much

September 24, 2018, 12:26:26 AM
Reply #553

KoemansNumberTens

A bit of confirmation bias this. He's rated but most recognise he's young and not ready to be featuring much

Iím genuinely curious as to what people would say his best game has been in the league?

Look obviously I say some daft shite and some of my opinions prove to be plainly wrong but people seem to imply heís ďa ballerĒ i donít see a player whoíll have any real success in the premier league. Really hope Iím wrong. We need a good striker.

September 24, 2018, 12:35:07 AM
Reply #554

Mac934

Before Lukaku, who was our most reliable and prolific scorer over a season or more? Most have been short term one season wonders sort of.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!