November 17, 2018, 04:28:53 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 32819 times)

September 30, 2018, 02:08:20 AM
Reply #615

KoemansNumberTens

Tosan is light years ahead of him. I can't believe it's even a debate. Decent hold up play and very good finishing vs he tries hard and we'd like him to be good

September 30, 2018, 02:15:58 AM
Reply #616

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
That's fine.

But blaming him for the first half today is clearly harsh when we were woeful throughout the side.

Donít think anyone is ďblamingĒ him for the first half, just saying that as per usual he was ineffective.

September 30, 2018, 02:33:58 AM
Reply #617

UnsyisaRhino

Hold up play isnt his strength or style of play, asking him to be a focal point is a tough ask.

Unfortunately I don't think he fits the way we want to play.

September 30, 2018, 02:38:27 AM
Reply #618

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Hold up play isnt his strength or style of play, asking him to be a focal point is a tough ask.

Unfortunately I don't think he fits the way we want to play.

So move him on rather than changing Silva style of play to suit him, heís no superstar, could be in the championship though.

September 30, 2018, 02:41:10 AM
Reply #619

toshyboy

Feel for him cos I like him and there is potential there. I think our lack of front men is holding his development up, as he should be on loan to a top championship side for me, learning to deal with the physicality and hold up play, but we canít let him go out based on what we have. He shouldnít be ahead of Niasse for me at the mo, amazed he hasnít been in the 18 last 2 games. He  can be clumsy and lack finesse, but heís gonna get ur more goals than DCL which is what itís all about, particularly from the bench

September 30, 2018, 02:46:52 AM
Reply #620

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He leads the line fine imo, or about as well as Tosun anyway, but I had forgotten how err, toothless he can look sometimes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 30, 2018, 02:56:08 AM
Reply #621

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
For me it comes down to who is most likely to pull the trigger in front of goal. That's Tosun all day. Calvert Lewin is a handy sub

September 30, 2018, 03:07:17 AM
Reply #622

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I like strikers to score. Tosun does that. DCL rarely does.

I hope DCL develops but I donít think heís ever going to be semi prolificeven. 
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

September 30, 2018, 03:08:11 AM
Reply #623

toshyboy

He leads the line fine imo, or about as well as Tosun anyway, but I had forgotten how err, toothless he can look sometimes.

Completely disagree with this pal, There was a marked difference today when Tosun replaced him off the bench. The runs, the nouse, it was night and day.

Problem is DCL needs to play week in week out to learn all this, but we canít afford the have somebody learning on the job.

Lone frontman is probably the hardest role for a young player, as it is critical to the teams performance. Very few youngsters will get the opportunity to play this role at this level (see rashford at Utd being shunted wide). Only one I can think of who has is Kane, but he had a lot of loan experience under his belt beforehand

September 30, 2018, 03:26:56 AM
Reply #624

Macca77

Tosun starts next weekend, offers so much more than DCL
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:17:17 AM by Macca77 »

September 30, 2018, 04:15:36 AM
Reply #625

Mouse

Tosun all day long at the moment. Didn't see last week's game but today DCL contrbuted nothing. Couldn't hold the ball up, never threatened to do anything, didn't even close down particularly well. Not saying he can't do it but you have to go with Tosun as much more of a threat and he put himself about more.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:22:56 AM by Mouse »

September 30, 2018, 04:18:55 AM
Reply #626

Waltzer

Went to the game today with an open mind today as I've given DCL a bit of grief of late,  but I can honestly say the TV must flatter him as he's far worst than I ever thought. Hold up play is non existent,  movement terrible, he offered absolutely nothing.  I know a lot is confidence related but he's about as close to being the centre forward we need as I am, and im shit at football!!

September 30, 2018, 05:15:47 AM
Reply #627

BlueBeagle

How can anyone who offers an absolute minimal goal threat and no hold up play to speak of lead the line well?

Is running about all that's required?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:33:34 AM by BlueBeagle »

September 30, 2018, 08:58:37 AM
Reply #628

Jamokachi

I like strikers to score. Tosun does that. DCL rarely does.

Yet the latter has more goals this season.

September 30, 2018, 05:29:06 PM
Reply #629

Mouse

Yet the latter has more goals this season.
Not in the Prem. I don't think he added anything to us against Fulham. If anything, he's looked better playing the wider role.