November 18, 2017, 08:15:03 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: If the board don't think I am the right man they will tell me  (Read 1570 times)

October 20, 2017, 04:16:44 PM
Reply #30

sirblue57

Yes Koeman did want him, and why not? Hes proven to be the best around at doing what Koeman wants from his team, delivering quality balls into the box. Did Koeman expect the board to fail so bad by not getting a striker in to utilise Sigurdssons main attribute, I doubt it!
And are you really blaming Koeman for the transfer of Sigurdsson taking that long, no wonder he needs a holiday so much if he does all the transfer negotiations too!!

We had Klassen,Rooney we did not NEED to focus that much on sig. We should have had another option to Giroud and followed that. Even if we got Giroux another striker would have been preferable to another #fucking 10
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 04:21:10 PM
Reply #31

Waltzer

We had Klassen,Rooney we did not NEED to focus that much on sig. We should have had another option to Giroud and followed that. Even if we got Giroux another striker would have been preferable to another #fucking 10

Not getting a striker or the time it took to get Sig are not under Koemans control, or am i missing something? Yes he did say he wanted him but the club could have easily said no, were covered in that area, the club decided to drag out negotiations for months only to then basically pay what Swansea wanted in the first place, not Koeman. My view is that Sigurdsson is still better than Rooney and Klasseen so im happy, but I fail to see what this has to do with Koeman.

October 20, 2017, 04:25:23 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

Not getting a striker or the time it took to get Sig are not under Koemans control, or am i missing something? Yes he did say he wanted him but the club could have easily said no, were covered in that area, the club decided to drag out negotiations for months only to then basically pay what Swansea wanted in the first place, not Koeman. My view is that Sigurdsson is still better than Rooney and Klasseen so im happy, but I fail to see what this has to do with Koeman.

They all need to take responsibility. If I were to guess I would say that Rooney and Klaassan were wanted by Koeman, Sig by both Koeman and Walsh and Vlasic probably Walsh. However you want to cut and dice it, they are all culpable for the unbalanced mess that we are left with.

October 20, 2017, 04:28:23 PM
Reply #33

sirblue57

Ok. Sigurdson. Martina.were imo Koeman led signings. We needed other options and did not get them.
Now you can say it's not down to him. But I doubt the club would have gone as far and paid as much if Koeman had said NOT had input.
He is the.man who picks the team. It's his head on the block. So if the club did put the focus on sig while not getting the striker. Do you think he would just accept it? Or would he be more aggressive and state that the club didn't do as he asked?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 20, 2017, 04:39:11 PM
Reply #34

Waltzer

Ok. Sigurdson. Martina.were imo Koeman led signings. We needed other options and did not get them.
Now you can say it's not down to him. But I doubt the club would have gone as far and paid as much if Koeman had said NOT had input.
He is the.man who picks the team. It's his head on the block. So if the club did put the focus on sig while not getting the striker. Do you think he would just accept it? Or would he be more aggressive and state that the club didn't do as he asked?

I think thats a given that the board didnt do as he asked, he stated the importance of a left back and centre forward on numerous occasions. He is still an employee of the club and venting about the boards lack of vision or ambition in the press is hardly going to help, although I expect this has been expressed behind the scenes.
And of course he has an input into signing players but its not his job to deliver them.

October 20, 2017, 04:41:03 PM
Reply #35

Lazarou

@Waltzer your in a combative mood today with some well thought out counter arguments, you didn't happen to snot a Lyon player last night did you?  ;)

October 20, 2017, 04:42:38 PM
Reply #36

starblood

Thought last night exposed us for what we are, which is a squad not good enough at the minute. Lots of young promising kids and no real quality throughout the side. I feel for Koeman in the fact he was very vocal about two positions, a left footed defender who could play centre half and left back and striker. Both areas badly exposed last night.
Granted he should have done better with what he has at his disposal but he's also been let down too.

I don't think you can say he's been let down, we really don't know the ins and outs. For all we know he might have been presented with options in those positions you mention but didn't fancy the players in question - and the ones he did were possibly too ambitious to bring to the club.

Anyway, for all the signings we made in the summer, the one we can without doubt ascribe to him, and him alone, is Martina - and he's........well you know!

For me the squad is fine (barring the need for a couple of decent strikers) it's how it is utilised that has us punching below our weight. The ponderous build up play and lack of width and pace is shockingly apparent (and makes us a terrible watch). Yet the players that could in a small way address that (Lennon/Mirallas/Lookman) are getting short shrift when it comes to first team opportunities.

And finally no-one's mentioning the passing. What's happened to that - is the accuracy of that down to confidence? Quite possibly - but it's awful nevertheless.

October 20, 2017, 04:47:38 PM
Reply #37

BlueForYou

The board would not have been negotiating with Swansea 24/7, it's not one player at a time, they could still have been discussing transfers about other players with other clubs and for all we know, they did - but were unsuccessful (Giroud?)

Take January, surely Everton are preparing now and not waiting for New Year's Eve?

And what's to say it won't take another whole month to sign one player?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 04:48:35 PM
Reply #38

Waltzer

@Waltzer your in a combative mood today with some well thought out counter arguments, you didn't happen to snot a Lyon player last night did you?  ;)
:) I was in the comforts of my own home im happy to say.
And I just think where we are at the moment is highlighting a much bigger problem than Koeman, he might be seen as one of the problems but I genuinely dont see how another manager could get significantly better results with our strike force. I may well be wrong as I have been on numerous occasions, we'll see, but I think placing all blame on Koeman is bit OTT!! :)

October 20, 2017, 04:56:22 PM
Reply #39

BlueForYou

Alan Stubbs has said that Koeman doesn't warm himself to the fans

Roberto tried

How's Rotherham?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 05:02:07 PM
Reply #40

Macca77

Alan Stubbs has said that Koeman doesn't warm himself to the fans

Roberto tried

How's Rotherham?

Roberto said all the right things so us fans fell for him straight away, we were great in his first season so the bond between him and us grew stronger, again he kept saying all the right things, it was only when things started going shite that some fans started to turn on him then his constant bizarre press conference speeches turned us all against him

Koeman has never had the same respect and love from the Everton fans, he never refers to us as "us" its always Everton, the hatred for him now from many fans is a lot worse than it was under Martinez

October 20, 2017, 05:12:45 PM
Reply #41

Simon Paul

Administrator
Roberto said all the right things so us fans fell for him straight away, we were great in his first season so the bond between him and us grew stronger, again he kept saying all the right things, it was only when things started going shite that some fans started to turn on him then his constant bizarre press conference speeches turned us all against him

Koeman has never had the same respect and love from the Everton fans, he never refers to us as "us" its always Everton, the hatred for him now from many fans is a lot worse than it was under Martinez

to be fair it wasn't just words, he meant them - he genuinely bought into Everton

inviting Howard Kendall to Finch Farm for the first time (it was opened in 2007) was a big thing towards showing that.

he's spoken recently about his time with Everton and even though you'd expect some vitriol or some regrets, he just wishes it had been better. 

buying into the history and ethos of any employer in any line of management is important, not just football

October 20, 2017, 05:28:33 PM
Reply #42

BlueForYou

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 05:32:20 PM
Reply #43

Bluedylan

Koeman is genuine - I warm to that

What is your logic for supporting and defending Koeman? Take sentiment out of it. What's the logic?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 20, 2017, 05:32:43 PM
Reply #44

Simon Paul

Administrator
Koeman is genuine - I warm to that

genuinely disinterested

genuinely focused on his future not his present

genuinely not arsed what Everton fans think