October 22, 2018, 11:44:20 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: If the board don't think I am the right man they will tell me  (Read 3561 times)

October 20, 2017, 05:16:55 AM
Read 3561 times

Lxxx

The whole thing is a right mess. The summer window was shite, the way he has utilised the players he has at his disposal has been shite, the way the players have performed has been shite. How have we got to this after such a stabilising and quite promising first season.

October 20, 2017, 05:30:28 AM
Reply #1

Lxxx

That's the problem tho isn't it

We all said we need a gk - got a great young talent
We needed a cb - got an England international who was highly rated

Then it gets a bit weird

Koeman says we need productivity from mf
We sign a lad who scored twenty goals from mf for ajax and the second highest assister in the pl
Throw in rooney who coming back

It was looking like a good window but we needed two more really. A cf and a winger

Koeman openly came out and said he needed a cf

Nothing happened

If any game highlighted our lack of a proper centre forward it was tonight. Felt for DCL, got bullied all game by two blokes who could have been his dad they were that imposing and superior physically, but still nearly sneaked a goal.

Then Giroud scores another worldie and you think what might have been.

October 20, 2017, 05:46:11 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Or "fuck you I'm not resigning, sack me", I want the compo.

Probably somewhere in the middle. 'Leaves my mutual consent' salvages his reputation and we save a few million.

October 20, 2017, 04:11:43 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Thought last night exposed us for what we are, which is a squad not good enough at the minute. Lots of young promising kids and no real quality throughout the side. I feel for Koeman in the fact he was very vocal about two positions, a left footed defender who could play centre half and left back and striker. Both areas badly exposed last night.
Granted he should have done better with what he has at his disposal but he's also been let down too.

October 20, 2017, 04:25:23 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Not getting a striker or the time it took to get Sig are not under Koemans control, or am i missing something? Yes he did say he wanted him but the club could have easily said no, were covered in that area, the club decided to drag out negotiations for months only to then basically pay what Swansea wanted in the first place, not Koeman. My view is that Sigurdsson is still better than Rooney and Klasseen so im happy, but I fail to see what this has to do with Koeman.

They all need to take responsibility. If I were to guess I would say that Rooney and Klaassan were wanted by Koeman, Sig by both Koeman and Walsh and Vlasic probably Walsh. However you want to cut and dice it, they are all culpable for the unbalanced mess that we are left with.