August 20, 2019, 06:45:43 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: If the board don't think I am the right man they will tell me  (Read 4543 times)

October 20, 2017, 04:07:41 PM
Read 4543 times

sirblue57

Results would suggest otherwise? Are you inferring the players are losing games because they want Koeman out, if so then id sack the lot of them. My take is were losing games cause we've got strikers that couldnt score in a brothel (minus Rooney for obvious reasons!!)
Performances have been bad cause weve got no end product. Add a target man like Giroud/Pelle and the whole world changes, Sigurdsson has someone to aim to, the midfielders have someone to run off of, it isnt rocket science that out whole recruitment campaign was focused around delivering to a big lump, and we didnt get it.

Then that makes the long drawn out saga of the sig even more damning. And who wanted him THAT bad?...steo forward big Ron.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 20, 2017, 04:16:44 PM
Reply #1

sirblue57

Yes Koeman did want him, and why not? Hes proven to be the best around at doing what Koeman wants from his team, delivering quality balls into the box. Did Koeman expect the board to fail so bad by not getting a striker in to utilise Sigurdssons main attribute, I doubt it!
And are you really blaming Koeman for the transfer of Sigurdsson taking that long, no wonder he needs a holiday so much if he does all the transfer negotiations too!!

We had Klassen,Rooney we did not NEED to focus that much on sig. We should have had another option to Giroud and followed that. Even if we got Giroux another striker would have been preferable to another #fucking 10

October 20, 2017, 04:28:23 PM
Reply #2

sirblue57

Not getting a striker or the time it took to get Sig are not under Koemans control, or am i missing something? Yes he did say he wanted him but the club could have easily said no, were covered in that area, the club decided to drag out negotiations for months only to then basically pay what Swansea wanted in the first place, not Koeman. My view is that Sigurdsson is still better than Rooney and Klasseen so im happy, but I fail to see what this has to do with Koeman.

Ok. Sigurdson. Martina.were imo Koeman led signings. We needed other options and did not get them.
Now you can say it's not down to him. But I doubt the club would have gone as far and paid as much if Koeman had said NOT had input.
He is the.man who picks the team. It's his head on the block. So if the club did put the focus on sig while not getting the striker. Do you think he would just accept it? Or would he be more aggressive and state that the club didn't do as he asked?

October 20, 2017, 06:21:13 PM
Reply #3

sirblue57

The manager picks the team. He has input to who he wants. After that he then has to get the team right tactically and put a team out that knows what it has to do. What formation,style of play etc.
If the board did not get the players he wanted, or the player didn't want to come, that's one issue.

But the fact we have no definable shape or style.of play. That our passing and defending is symbolic . And confidence is plummeting,  THESE are issues the manager can address and change. And not by playing players out of position or who are struggling for form.

The buck for that stops with him.