December 10, 2018, 06:42:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: If the board don't think I am the right man they will tell me  (Read 3774 times)

October 20, 2017, 04:42:38 PM
Read 3774 times

starblood

Thought last night exposed us for what we are, which is a squad not good enough at the minute. Lots of young promising kids and no real quality throughout the side. I feel for Koeman in the fact he was very vocal about two positions, a left footed defender who could play centre half and left back and striker. Both areas badly exposed last night.
Granted he should have done better with what he has at his disposal but he's also been let down too.

I don't think you can say he's been let down, we really don't know the ins and outs. For all we know he might have been presented with options in those positions you mention but didn't fancy the players in question - and the ones he did were possibly too ambitious to bring to the club.

Anyway, for all the signings we made in the summer, the one we can without doubt ascribe to him, and him alone, is Martina - and he's........well you know!

For me the squad is fine (barring the need for a couple of decent strikers) it's how it is utilised that has us punching below our weight. The ponderous build up play and lack of width and pace is shockingly apparent (and makes us a terrible watch). Yet the players that could in a small way address that (Lennon/Mirallas/Lookman) are getting short shrift when it comes to first team opportunities.

And finally no-one's mentioning the passing. What's happened to that - is the accuracy of that down to confidence? Quite possibly - but it's awful nevertheless.