November 21, 2017, 10:31:20 AM

Author Topic: STRIKER  (Read 1595 times)

October 20, 2017, 02:39:10 PM
Read 1595 times

Morta75

We had a proven premier leauge striker in Lukaku and we need a new one ASAP.

Do we have the money for a new one, and if who should we try to sign?

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 02:48:07 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Ship has sailed on getting in a good quality replacement, I think we will but we'll struggle now and have to pay way over the odds as everyone knows were desperate. The summertime was the ideal opportunity and we blew it, lots of positive Everton related press about our signings, how were going to be the team to push the top sides etc, now due to the boards failings were a laughing stock in a relegation battle, its hardly appealing.

Is the money there is another point for discussion, Moshiri has done nothing in the transfer market that Kenwright didnt do, so from that point of view were where we always have been, selling to invest.

October 20, 2017, 03:08:23 PM
Reply #2

Hawkandro

Juventus and Inter monitoring Giroud apparently, so can forget that one.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 20, 2017, 03:13:49 PM
Reply #3

BlueForYou

I bet they are - and if his wife likes Italy........................ ...we can forget it
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 03:17:52 PM
Reply #4

Redartin

We had a proven premier leauge striker in Lukaku and we need a new one ASAP.

Do we have the money for a new one, and if who should we try to sign?

Also who would want to come to us?
We are currently shite, we are not going to continue being shite, and we are not going to qualify for any European competitions next season, and by Jan all this will be obvious. So all we are going to be able to attract is some mercanry that no one else wants, or a has been, and we are going to have to bribe him with megabucks to come to us. Its bleak.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 20, 2017, 03:59:43 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
See that Willian Jose bagged 4 last night.

October 20, 2017, 04:04:43 PM
Reply #6

BlueNoseMike

We ain't signing a big name striker till next summer now. Think the best option in January would be someone like Bakambu at villareal, Aboukabar at porto or even Rondon. It's not great but we aren't getting a Dzeko type in January

October 20, 2017, 04:24:51 PM
Reply #7

Ross

Id not be giving Koeman another penny if hes still here in January. The likelihood is itd only go on signing some 30 something targetman thats becoming extinct in the game and hell be neither use nor ornament to the next fella in charge.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 20, 2017, 04:25:44 PM
Reply #8

Bally

Administrator
Is there something we haven't previously discussed in the other 4 and a half thousand striker threads
It's the roll I way

October 20, 2017, 04:27:09 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Is there something we haven't previously discussed in the other 4 and a half thousand striker threads

True. Most threads could probably be merged into one mega-thread at the minute in this whinge-athon.

October 20, 2017, 06:20:16 PM
Reply #10

Toddacelli

I think the situation has changed.

We were somewhat hopeful of a Giroud or Dzeko when we were splashing the cash and making what were seemingly 'good buys' and appeared to be gathering up lots of youthful talent.

One look at us now and most players ould run the other way and any clubs that will speak to us are going to be doubling the original price and adding a long-distance phone number because they know we're fucking desperate.

Best bet now - some lifelong Evertonian who has burned all his bridges everywhere else but has shitloads of talent and is ready to turn his life around.

It's quite a small pool to fish in and even then - it may be empty.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 20, 2017, 09:29:18 PM
Reply #11

BlueForYou

We don't have a player to idolise, if someone asked me who my favourite current Everton player is, I don't know

Coleman, probably, or maybe Pickford, Davies and Vlasic could be

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 10:27:47 PM
Reply #12

sixymack

Balotelli anyone lol

October 20, 2017, 11:14:22 PM
Reply #13

everton1952

Attracting a good striker could partly rely on the credibility of our manager. Although his credibility is probably shot on here, most likely Koeman's  image/reputation is still big on the continent. Imagine having Unsworth as boss. His football image/reputation is probably unheard of outside an area stretching from  Bootle to Kirkby.
"Hello Senor Luigi, this is David Unsworth speaking, would you like to join my Everton revolution?"

October 21, 2017, 12:16:11 AM
Reply #14

D15TIN

Probably end up with one of Leicester's 27 strikers