October 19, 2019, 09:21:52 PM

Author Topic: STRIKER  (Read 3827 times)

October 20, 2017, 06:20:16 PM
Read 3827 times

Toddacelli

Is there something we haven't previously discussed in the other 4 and a half thousand striker threads

I think the situation has changed.

We were somewhat hopeful of a Giroud or Dzeko when we were splashing the cash and making what were seemingly 'good buys' and appeared to be gathering up lots of youthful talent.

One look at us now and most players ould run the other way and any clubs that will speak to us are going to be doubling the original price and adding a long-distance phone number because they know we're fucking desperate.

Best bet now - some lifelong Evertonian who has burned all his bridges everywhere else but has shitloads of talent and is ready to turn his life around.

It's quite a small pool to fish in and even then - it may be empty.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 22, 2017, 01:27:39 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

How do you give a striker confidence?

We have Sandro on the sidelines doing fuck all except the odd soul-destroying cameo for 15 mins.

Can we not big him up in training and tell him that he's going to start and finish every game for the next 10 games because we believe in him?

The lad obviously has talent, but he's so lacking in confidence he just looks bereft to be on the pitch at times and tries too hard to make amends. If ever someone needed one to go in off his backside, it's this lad.

Genuine question though - can you give a striker confidence who isn't scoring goals?

October 22, 2017, 02:43:35 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

I just think that all those horrific shouts we were getting linked with before the start of the season (and there were some belters) - whoever was the worst fucking one - that's who we'll get in January.

We will be looking back wistfully on links to Deeney/Rondon/Gray when we get a Chris Wood or Robson-Kanu.