November 19, 2017, 03:39:02 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 8788 times)

October 22, 2017, 09:34:59 PM
Reply #750

Realist

The game was 2-1 when you posted, it ended like it has many, many times before with us and Arsenal.

If you'd waited a few goals I would have agreed. ;)

Oh ok I see what you were saying now. The scoreline at that point was deceiving - we were getting battered

October 22, 2017, 09:35:04 PM
Reply #751

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

October 22, 2017, 09:35:22 PM
Reply #752

sixymack

Well done you.

Always think it's a bit cuntish when

someone gloats about winning a bet against us, even more so when we've just been pumped 5-2 and are in the
relegation places.

Anyway, enjoy your winnings.

This.  I am not a gambling man and even if I was, I would never bet against my own team.  Straight out of the Bruce Grobbelaar book of bungs.

October 22, 2017, 09:36:17 PM
Reply #753

Evertonian in NC

As a gambler, you never bet FOR your own side.  It's a massive jinx.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 09:36:17 PM
Reply #754

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Oh ok I see what you were saying now. The scoreline at that point was deceiving - we were getting battered

Absolutely we were. But we had all seen much worse score wise...then the whole conversation goes a bit weird as normal service is resumed. lol.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

October 22, 2017, 09:36:37 PM
Reply #755

Ridge

Well done you.

Always think it's a bit cuntish when someone gloats about winning a bet against us, even more so when we've just been pumped 5-2 and are in the relegation places.

Anyway, enjoy your winnings.

Not sure that's fair, understand frustration, but I'd have bet on us losing.

Gambling is not about what you want, its what you expect. And clearly a silver lining

October 22, 2017, 09:36:55 PM
Reply #756

toffee_scot

If heís not gone then you have to question the boardís sanity not to mention ambition.

You canít spend what we did and be happy with this.

If I was Moshiri and I'd sanctioned a football manager to spend over £200m in 18 months and found that the team has no shape, no cohesion, no confidence, a huge inferiority complex and finds itself in the relegation zone, I would feel I had no other option than to sack the manager.

I wouldn't give a fuck that I would have to write off about £15m in compensation to that manager because we've been terrible for a good while and there is nothing to suggest the slide down will reverse under the current regime. £15m or more would be worth the price if it means we can kickstart our season again and at least guarantee our spot in the top league for next season.

October 22, 2017, 09:37:17 PM
Reply #757

Realist

Not betting against your own team is stoopid

October 22, 2017, 09:37:22 PM
Reply #758

Gash

Global Moderator
Itís not really. Weíre the worst team in the league, Arsenal are quite good so evens is a steal. People might not like it but itís true
I put 5 ton in Lyon the other night & the same on Arsenal today
Iím up £1300 just because weíre shit.
Might aswell profit off it

Nah, being smug and bragging about it is cuntish.

October 22, 2017, 09:38:03 PM
Reply #759

Jamokachi

He's got to go after that.

October 22, 2017, 09:38:37 PM
Reply #760

School of Science

Absolutely we were. But we had all seen much worse score wise...then the whole conversation goes a bit weird as normal service is resumed. lol.

I actually agree at that point Pickford had saved us a hiding.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 22, 2017, 09:38:44 PM
Reply #761

Realist

Nah, being smug and bragging about it is cuntish.

I didnít think he was bragging?

October 22, 2017, 09:38:55 PM
Reply #762

Evertonian in NC

I took it as gallows humour, not being smug.  AE isn't like that.

But our nerves are all raw, we are all gonna take things the wrong way right now.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 09:40:58 PM
Reply #763

American Evertonian

I didnít think he was bragging?

Definitely wasn't. Just highlighting the silver lining for me personally.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 22, 2017, 09:41:36 PM
Reply #764

Jamokachi

Pathetic