November 21, 2017, 01:26:23 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 9111 times)

October 22, 2017, 11:43:53 PM
Reply #825

Evertonian in NC

Just read on skysports that Pickford only got a 5 today, I know that he had 5 put past him but he made several saves that kept the scoreline to single digits

That's criminal.  He's the only player of ours I'd rate above a 5, easily a 7 for me.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 11:45:17 PM
Reply #826

sam of the south

Williams is starting to turn things around and he is committed which is not easy to show in such a dire situation. Williams has bought himself some more time with me.

I don't know, just because he lost his cool the other night and should've been sent-off it hasn't suddenly made him a good player.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 22, 2017, 11:46:06 PM
Reply #827

sam of the south

He is a pro. He can play without getting another yellow.

Didn't look that way in midweek.

October 22, 2017, 11:47:31 PM
Reply #828

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't look that way in midweek.

Rather have that than what followed today.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 22, 2017, 11:48:06 PM
Reply #829

Mayor Farnum

I don't know, just because he lost his cool the other night and should've been sent-off it hasn't suddenly made him a good player.

I wasn't referring to that. He's looked more assured in his last three games and his demeanor in general is more positive. 

October 22, 2017, 11:48:33 PM
Reply #830

Evertonian in NC

Gana is also a seasoned pro.  Still got another yellow.  When you are a defensive-minded player under pressure, it can't always be avoided.

Especially after Thursday, Williams was going to be under heavy scrutiny.  Fair or not, it is what it is.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 11:49:45 PM
Reply #831

Evertonian in NC

Thing is, Holgate's highest and best use is RCB in a 3 at the back, and Koeman refuses to use him there.  Even as a reserve today, when he preferred to scapegoat him at the expense of the useless Martina.

October 22, 2017, 11:55:06 PM
Reply #832

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
On a lighter note the Shite lost by a 3 goal margin too  :)

October 22, 2017, 11:55:20 PM
Reply #833

sam of the south

I wasn't referring to that. He's looked more assured in his last three games and his demeanor in general is more positive. 

He has played better than he was, I agree.

However, he really does need replacing (when we hopefully get a new manager in)

October 22, 2017, 11:58:55 PM
Reply #834

Mayor Farnum

He has played better than he was, I agree.

However, he really does need replacing (when we hopefully get a new manager in)

He's been exposed like the rest of the defence. At least he's not thrown the towel in like some of his longer serving colleagues. 

October 23, 2017, 12:04:13 AM
Reply #835

sam of the south

He's been exposed like the rest of the defence. At least he's not thrown the towel in like some of his longer serving colleagues. 

His passion has impressed me, however, since showing it, he was lucky not to be sent-off in midweek and he was walking the same tightrope today.

October 23, 2017, 12:04:31 AM
Reply #836

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Vlasic looked good when he has the chance to run at people but his defensive work is extremely poor. I like the lad but I'd say that he could have personally stopped at least four goals we've given away when he has been on the pitch

October 23, 2017, 12:14:45 AM
Reply #837

KoemansNumberTens

Blue in the boozer just summed up how a lot of us feel right night

"I hate Everton more than I hate Liverpool right now "

It's just so fucking disappointing. Another false dawn. No one expected us to finish top 4 this season but we all hoped to see some sort of inprovement, a decent replacement for lukaku and an injection of pace. I'd love for the people who made the decisions on who we signed (and didn't sign) to come and explain their thinking because frankly it's utterly baffling. If any of us had suggested we just wouldn't bother signing a forward at the beginning of the window everyone would have laughed. We could go down. I'll be very surprised if 3 teams have produced worse league performances than us this season. On performances we should have maybe 2 points

October 23, 2017, 12:15:59 AM
Reply #838

sam of the south

Rather have that than what followed today.

If we'd have gone down to nine men, mate, we would've conceded more, plus Koeman would've had the excuse of being two players down to use as a bargaining chip.

October 23, 2017, 12:16:50 AM
Reply #839

KoemansNumberTens

Fuck it I'm going to lay into Baines. He's been utter wank right at the moment we need and have needed him. He went missing when the Martinez project unfolded and he's done it again this time. As one of the senior players and an Evertonian, the club needed him (and Jags for that matter) to stand up and pull the team through difficult periods. He's at the back of queue hiding again because he knows most fans think he's a sound bloke. Did he have the same injury excuse under Martinez?  Does injury excuse him totally losing his man in defensive plays?  (2 laughable occasions today and against Brighton). And why do you see him shit out of headers and tackles. He isn't vocal on the pitch, and he doesn't speak to refs. Absolute pussy. Never mind he's still on a wage and he knows he's going to play anyway so it doesn't matter eh

He's finished. I said it at the time and got slaughtered for it. We should have took the brave decision to sell him to Utd and had a lot of money to replace him then commit to paying him even more money through his decline