November 23, 2017, 07:20:49 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 9521 times)

October 21, 2017, 11:47:48 PM
Reply #60

SANA_DR0

Please please please no Rooney

I don't mind Rooney, as long as he dont play the central striker.. but if we play him on either side uptop it means we will lack pace.. midfield is the only position i can see him being a success for us, maybe in a 3 with Gana-Gueye and Tom Davies.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 22, 2017, 12:00:07 AM
Reply #61

Macca77

Win this and we go 13th, win by 7 goals and we're 11th

Believe blues

October 22, 2017, 12:03:30 AM
Reply #62

BlueForYou

Absolutely

On the march with Colonel Koeman's army

Keep the faith
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 22, 2017, 12:03:31 AM
Reply #63

Evertonian in NC

I don't mind Rooney, as long as he dont play the central striker.. but if we play him on either side uptop it means we will lack pace.. midfield is the only position i can see him being a success for us, maybe in a 3 with Gana-Gueye and Tom Davies.

Yeah, I would try him beside Gana (too little pace beside Schneiderlin - I'd use Davies for that) before I gave up entirely.  As a midfield "box to box" rotation, it's worth a go.  But Koeman wants to center his attack around him, and he won't give up the ghost.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 12:10:13 AM
Reply #64

Shogun

Administrator
At least Rooney will have the narrative on his side
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 22, 2017, 12:11:16 AM
Reply #65

Heisenberg

Rooney plays wherever he wants. That's the problem. He has the discipline of a youth player

October 22, 2017, 12:13:15 AM
Reply #66

Evertonian in NC

Rooney plays wherever he wants. That's the problem. He has the discipline of a youth player

You would also have to let him know this is his last chance before his tour of the American minor leagues.  See if it puts his head on straight.  I don't know if Koeman has enough credibility left with the dressing room to do that, but he has to try.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 12:19:05 AM
Reply #67

Macca77

Absolutely

On the march with Colonel Koeman's army

Keep the faith

Yes!! Thats the spirit

October 22, 2017, 12:23:03 AM
Reply #68

BlueForYou

Team spirit is what we need (I was going to say a fighting spirit)
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 22, 2017, 12:24:49 AM
Reply #69

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Please please please no Rooney
Didn't mean to like that

Simply simply lovely

October 22, 2017, 12:29:09 AM
Reply #70

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Potential for this to change our season, it almost certainly won't but there's always a tiny bit of me that will believe we can win tomorrow despite everything putting to the opposite.

October 22, 2017, 12:30:59 AM
Reply #71

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney has been one of our better players don't you know. We seem to struggle to know how to utilise him but he's not a major weakness or anything.

October 22, 2017, 12:32:36 AM
Reply #72

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Iím surprised weíve not seen any Rooney for player-manager shouts yet.

I canít even remember who the last top flight player-manager was...anyone?

October 22, 2017, 12:34:16 AM
Reply #73

gizzblue

I'm surprised we've not seen any Rooney for player-manager shouts yet.

I can't even remember who the last top flight player-manager was...anyone?
That would be a head wobble shout at best .

October 22, 2017, 12:37:12 AM
Reply #74

Fynci

Am I correct in saying if we lose by 2 or more goals tomorrow we drop into the bottom three?

Yup and fearfully I think there may be another team who might be kickstarting their season tomorrow
Cool + 380
Tool - 0