October 18, 2018, 01:56:17 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 24617 times)

October 22, 2017, 09:38:55 PM
Reply #75

Evertonian in NC

I took it as gallows humour, not being smug.  AE isn't like that.

But our nerves are all raw, we are all gonna take things the wrong way right now.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 09:48:04 PM
Reply #76

Evertonian in NC

NBC covering Koeman next
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 09:51:52 PM
Reply #77

Evertonian in NC

weirdly detached interview

October 22, 2017, 10:11:44 PM
Reply #78

Evertonian in NC

Arsenal buddy just told me "If it makes you feel any better, I joined the home supporters in their rousing cries of 'You're getting sacked in the morning.'"

You know what, it did.

October 22, 2017, 10:12:31 PM
Reply #79

Evertonian in NC

Ive had no tinternet for 2 weeks because of moving...why wasnt holgate in the squad?  i thought he'd been one of our better players lately

He made a bad boo-boo on Thursday, so Koeman randomly singled him out for punishment.

October 22, 2017, 10:33:16 PM
Reply #80

Evertonian in NC

Holgate made a discrete, easily identifiable mistake...but overall Keane and especially Martina were still worse.  Holgate should have at least made the bench so we had a CB option available.

October 22, 2017, 11:43:53 PM
Reply #81

Evertonian in NC

Just read on skysports that Pickford only got a 5 today, I know that he had 5 put past him but he made several saves that kept the scoreline to single digits

That's criminal.  He's the only player of ours I'd rate above a 5, easily a 7 for me.

October 22, 2017, 11:48:33 PM
Reply #82

Evertonian in NC

Gana is also a seasoned pro.  Still got another yellow.  When you are a defensive-minded player under pressure, it can't always be avoided.

Especially after Thursday, Williams was going to be under heavy scrutiny.  Fair or not, it is what it is.

October 22, 2017, 11:49:45 PM
Reply #83

Evertonian in NC

Thing is, Holgate's highest and best use is RCB in a 3 at the back, and Koeman refuses to use him there.  Even as a reserve today, when he preferred to scapegoat him at the expense of the useless Martina.