November 18, 2017, 11:40:26 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman on the ropes at Everton  (Read 514 times)

October 21, 2017, 01:24:12 AM
Read 514 times

Everton News

Koeman on the ropes at Everton

I write this the morning after yet another embarrassing home defeat in the Europa League.

Source: Koeman on the ropes at Everton

deCoubertin

October 21, 2017, 02:28:39 AM
Reply #1

Redartin

As someone once said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” Does that ring a bell?

It sure does.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 21, 2017, 02:48:39 AM
Reply #2

eyesalwaysblue

If today wasn't the day i wonder what qualifies.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 21, 2017, 02:57:55 AM
Reply #3

BlueBeagle

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” 

Thought we'd seen the back of this quote after it was used a billion times during Martinez reign.

October 21, 2017, 02:59:04 AM
Reply #4

The Analog Kid

If today wasn't the day i wonder what qualifies.

I don’t think we were expecting much from Chelsea on Wednesday so I wouldn’t think it would be after that. I would that if we take a beating on Sunday then Monday would be the day.

October 21, 2017, 03:02:39 AM
Reply #5

TheTone

what happens if we stuff the Arse 3 nil, @Simon Paul will be fuming

October 21, 2017, 03:02:46 AM
Reply #6

blue slug

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

Thought we'd seen the back of this quote after it was used a billion times during Martinez reign.

He is doing a good roberto impression to be fair, surprised he hasn't been called a snake oil salesman yet

October 21, 2017, 03:13:48 AM
Reply #7

eyesalwaysblue

I don’t think we were expecting much from Chelsea on Wednesday so I wouldn’t think it would be after that. I would that if we take a beating on Sunday then Monday would be the day.
Makes sense, i just thought maybe last nights WWF might have broke the back.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 21, 2017, 03:24:44 AM
Reply #8

sam of the south

He is doing a good roberto impression to be fair, surprised he hasn't been called a snake oil salesman yet

He doesn't look anywhere near slick enough to be called that.

Maybe Skip Dweller?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 21, 2017, 03:35:31 AM
Reply #9

Tinga

Cow salesman.

October 21, 2017, 04:00:17 AM
Reply #10

School of Science

You know what mate I agree with every word, never mind the results, the football is absolutely appalling, it gives no hope things are going to get better, last night against Lyon I was embarrassed other teams fans could have been watching this, we looked like an alehouse  team. How in God's name did Koeman get such a good reputation.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 21, 2017, 07:32:22 PM
Reply #11

toffee_scot

I disagree with recent sackings by Crystal Palace and Leicester as the managers have had little time to build a team. Craig Shakespeare having only 21 games to turn around a team on the slide, but Frank De Boer had just 4 games.

I think there is something not right with Frank de Boer as a manager, apparently the Palace board had made their minds up a couple of weeks before he was officially sacked (which also probably explains why a replacement manager was appointed so quickly) plus he only lasted 14 games with Inter Milan.

As for Shakespeare, the Leicester board probably acted too hastily and should have given him a few more games, however Leicester are in the relegation zone and they spent quite a bit of money on Iheanacho, Maguire and Iborra in the summer. It's a shame for them though that Drinkwater left and they were not able to register Silva on time.

October 21, 2017, 07:34:37 PM
Reply #12

gizzblue

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

Thought we had seen the board's stupidity reigned in after the Martinez debacle too ...but here we are ,same creek still no paddle and taking on water badly .

October 21, 2017, 07:41:32 PM
Reply #13

BlueForYou

The blond bomber will be gone within 18 months
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:51:05 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick