November 21, 2017, 03:23:56 AM

Author Topic: Moyes Return Linked  (Read 3358 times)

October 23, 2017, 02:06:43 PM
Reply #90

christiffa25

I was a big moyes fan whilst he was here. Thought taking everything into account he did a brilliant job. And would always liked to have seen what he could do with some cash.

However, even I don't think that would be a good idea now. That's not to say I'm not fully confident he wouldn't do a good job. BUT we're supposed to be moving forward and making statements, closing on the so called bigger teams. We need a big name manager. Who can bring in big name players.

Short term? It wouldn't be short term as he'd do a good job. And then we're settling for being a mid range club off the pitch.

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 02:24:05 PM
Reply #91

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn't Koeman meant to be a "big name " ?

October 23, 2017, 02:44:34 PM
Reply #92

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Very little chance of us getting Ancelotti, Silva or Tuchel
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 23, 2017, 03:54:08 PM
Reply #93

gizzblue

Very little chance of us getting Ancelotti, Silva or Tuchel
Why ?.
Any real good manager would relish a challenge ..be offered finances to build a squad..a new stadium to come a good fan base in a club that's got ideas on moving forward (despite recent results) ....also are paying top wack money in a manager's world .

I know I've took jobs through financial rewards and bonuses ...what makes them different ?.

October 23, 2017, 03:55:38 PM
Reply #94

everton1952

Who would want any of those three anyway?

October 23, 2017, 04:04:51 PM
Reply #95

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Why ?.
Any real good manager would relish a challenge ..be offered finances to build a squad..a new stadium to come a good fan base in a club that's got ideas on moving forward (despite recent results) ....also are paying top wack money in a manager's world .

I know I've took jobs through financial rewards and bonuses ...what makes them different ?.
can you tell me why the choose CL teams instead  ? no big name manager would like to manage HSV if the can get Dortmund or Bayern instead

October 23, 2017, 04:14:04 PM
Reply #96

Hawkandro

Everton can fuck off if they bother bringing Moyes back. Would rather see Big Sam or Dyche than Moyes.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 23, 2017, 04:38:24 PM
Reply #97

gizzblue

can you tell me why the choose CL teams instead  ? no big name manager would like to manage HSV if the can get Dortmund or Bayern instead
Well ffs empty question or what. ..champions league is just that .... many of them CL teams looking for managers at the min ?.

October 23, 2017, 05:14:54 PM
Reply #98

Rhys

Why ?.

Ancelotti no way he would want it even if we offered him 10-15m a year in my opinion. He manages top teams with top players, why would he walk into a club in crisis in a relegation zone with level of players he wont have managed in decades?

Tuchel, outside possibility. We could throw huge money at him but it would be a massive risk for him. He spent time building up his reputation at Mainz and got the dortmund job, did ok there without being spectacular. But he is very highly rated and wanted coach, many believe he didnt do more at Dortmund because of Bayern's superiority. He is linked with Chelsea in the summer so if there is a chance he gets that job it's likely hed rather wait and see what happens rather than if he did badly with us it could stop him from getting future big jobs and he'd have to start again.

Silva i just dont see him coming right now, maybe in the summer. He is 9 league games into his new job with Watford and it is going really well. It's going to be very hard to keep that going but the way we are going there is a chance for them to finish 7th given there is no obviously good other team outside the top 6 right now. That could get them into Europe potentially and his reputation was good before Hull, strengthened even though they went down and is now rising very highly with what he is doing at Watford. Again if he left now and struggled to get us going his reputation will falter and have to re-build. Plus it wouldnt look great him leaving a quarter of a season into his new job.

October 23, 2017, 08:35:38 PM
Reply #99

Normm

NO! Moyse? Look what happened to Sunderland. That would be absolutely dire.

October 23, 2017, 08:40:12 PM
Reply #100

BlueForYou

Moyes left us because he wanted to move up the ladder - no need to come back down, Davie

In Moyes We Don't
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 23, 2017, 08:43:47 PM
Reply #101

gizzblue

Ancelotti no way he would want it even if we offered him 10-15m a year in my opinion. He manages top teams with top players, why would he walk into a club in crisis in a relegation zone with level of players he wont have managed in decades?

Tuchel, outside possibility. We could throw huge money at him but it would be a massive risk for him. He spent time building up his reputation at Mainz and got the dortmund job, did ok there without being spectacular. But he is very highly rated and wanted coach, many believe he didnt do more at Dortmund because of Bayern's superiority. He is linked with Chelsea in the summer so if there is a chance he gets that job it's likely hed rather wait and see what happens rather than if he did badly with us it could stop him from getting future big jobs and he'd have to start again.

Silva i just dont see him coming right now, maybe in the summer. He is 9 league games into his new job with Watford and it is going really well. It's going to be very hard to keep that going but the way we are going there is a chance for them to finish 7th given there is no obviously good other team outside the top 6 right now. That could get them into Europe potentially and his reputation was good before Hull, strengthened even though they went down and is now rising very highly with what he is doing at Watford. Again if he left now and struggled to get us going his reputation will falter and have to re-build. Plus it wouldnt look great him leaving a quarter of a season into his new job.
ok so that's your opinion on three managers and thanks for that but who knows what 'they' actually think themselves ?,.we can speculate all we want .
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:55:52 PM by gizzblue »

October 23, 2017, 08:56:21 PM
Reply #102

southtoff

As a fan living in Bournemouth I think we should get Eddie Howe... He gives young players a chance, plays attractive attacking football and is a boyhood Evertonian

October 23, 2017, 09:02:37 PM
Reply #103

everton1952

God help us if we go for Howe. We are not yet Bournemouth. Nice chap though. 

October 23, 2017, 09:05:50 PM
Reply #104

BlueBeagle

Spot on