Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 44702 times)

Jay, Glory, mikey_blue and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 09, 2017, 01:24:16 AM
Reply #1395

Topper

As much as I would love us to get a big name like Ancelotti, Simeone or Tuchel Its so depressing to think we might be stuck with Allardyce, the safe option to keep us up. 

Then again we put all our eggs in the one basket and couldn't temp a striker who is content to be 3rd or 4th choice at his own club than be 1st striker on the teamsheet with us, kind of says it all how we aren't currently a big pull.   

At the end of the day who the fuck were Man City and Chelsea 10 to 15 years ago and now they are suddenly 'massive' that every player 'dreampt of playing for' when they were a kid even though in reality the likes of City were sitting in League 1.

Just hope we can kick on and become a force over the next coming years and taken seriously.

deCoubertin

November 09, 2017, 01:36:55 AM
Reply #1396

BlueForYou

Dyche strikes me as a bit of an Allardyce(MkII) in waiting to me

Nothing wrong with it, if that's your choice

Hope it doesn't get to it, but, beggars can't be choosers - let's be choosers
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 09, 2017, 02:41:51 AM
Reply #1397

Macca77

November 09, 2017, 02:52:51 AM
Reply #1398

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gone a bit quiet.

What's going on?

November 09, 2017, 02:57:27 AM
Reply #1399

penguinofdoom1878

If we are going to get it right we need to do it soon, a short contract to Allardyce/Unsworth in hope that we get a manager with a big reputation, ie Tuchel, Ancelotti, Simeone etc... might not work out for us. There will be some big clubs sniffing around come summer, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, AC Milan, PSG, (possibly) Tottenham that's before international sides who have a poor world cup bin their manager.

Having said that one manager who it might be a bit soon for a Champions League club but who's contract is running out at the end of the season is Marco Giampaolo at Sampdoria. Doing really well with them, keep rebuilding the side, is able to coach players to make them better.

November 09, 2017, 03:09:05 AM
Reply #1400

kramer0

Gone a bit quiet.

What's going on?

Moshiri is realizing how not-worth-it the outside options are and Unsworth is getting the job by default.

Best guess.

November 09, 2017, 03:13:27 AM
Reply #1401

burkey17

Seems that way. Meant to be a Board Meeting this week. Surely some sort of announcement then?

November 09, 2017, 04:09:31 AM
Reply #1402

terrydarracotsbaldpate

November 09, 2017, 04:10:51 AM
Reply #1403

Macca77

Unsworth will be given the job til the end of the season

November 09, 2017, 04:24:06 AM
Reply #1404

Rhys

Unsworth will be given the job til the end of the season

I wouldnt be shocked if that's the outcome. I reckon they wanted Allardyce to have it as a 'safe' pair of hands until the summer. Then couldnt agree with him the term as he wants longer and they've seen, heard, felt how annoyed the fans would be if he was the choice so are now having a re-think. Meanwhile we got a win under Rhino where the players showed they were battling for him even if the quality wasnt there. And the potential managers they could get for the long term right now are limited so could well end up seeing how the next month goes and decide to give it Unsworth until the end of the season and spend the next 6 months planning for who is next including reviewing him.

November 09, 2017, 06:02:53 AM
Reply #1405

kramer0

I'm desperate for Unsworth to be competent enough to hold us over until May because it would unlock a lot of possibilities for the future. I don't feel nearly as comfortable with him as I did when Koeman was sacked, though. The teams against Leicester and Watford were a bit too crazy for my liking. We'll be appointing Allardyce on a three year deal by December if he gives us more of that.

If he sticks to making adjustments within the general set-up from the Chelsea/Lyon matches, I think he'll see us into comfortable mid-table territory. Then in May, hopefully with some of the backroom deadwood cleared out and a new director of football in place, we can make a run at someone interesting like Tuchel (yes, he's currently unattached but we have no chance of getting him until we clean up the backroom mess), Fonseca, or Silva. Or Favre or Marcelino for a more deliberate approach to football. Or Graham Potter if we want someone English (I think he'll be a full-blown media darling by the end of Ostersunds' Europa campaign).

Extra Unsworth concern: I've seen some posters on another forum posit that Royle has a major influence over his team selections, hence the absence of Vlasic/Sandro/Klaassen. That would be... not great. Vlasic's performances under Koeman have earned him the right to play and the other two desperately need to be re-evaluated in a more functional team structure.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:05:18 AM by kramer0 »

November 09, 2017, 06:34:33 AM
Reply #1406

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn’t appear to be any reason to withdraw Vlasic considering his performances.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 09, 2017, 06:57:12 AM
Reply #1407

ally2

Doesn't appear to be any reason to withdraw Vlasic considering his performances.

Thought a couple of times he has made bad decisions and lost the ball directly resulting in opponents scoring.

November 09, 2017, 05:23:39 PM
Reply #1408

Tinga

If only.

November 09, 2017, 05:36:23 PM
Reply #1409

Lxxx

Thought a couple of times he has made bad decisions and lost the ball directly resulting in opponents scoring.

He wouldn't be alone in that. The highest paid player in our history is guilty of that this season too.