Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 46595 times)

Mooley, KingdingalingNL, Mouse and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 09, 2017, 06:01:22 PM
Reply #1410

GrantyBoy78

Doesn't appear to be any reason to withdraw Vlasic considering his performances.
Managers have their favourites, thatís just how it is.

But if Unsworth does get the job, the board will want him to integrate our high profile Ďunderachieversí Iíll call them, into the team.

Getting us out of the shit will obviously be the first task but Moshiri wonít be happy that heís paying players £100k p/w and they arenít even getting on the bench. Then Walsh looks like a cunt as his signings are nowhere to be seen and kids are deemed better options. It all starts getting a bit toxic.
Just wait - once the January transfer window opens, our better and higher profile players will start getting linked with moves away. Players want to be in the team, whether they deserve to be or not. These players didnít sign up for a relegation fight or to strive for mid-table safety...even if they were in part, responsible for us being there.

deCoubertin

November 09, 2017, 07:24:33 PM
Reply #1411

Hawkandro

I'm desperate for Unsworth to be competent enough to hold us over until May because it would unlock a lot of possibilities for the future. I don't feel nearly as comfortable with him as I did when Koeman was sacked, though. The teams against Leicester and Watford were a bit too crazy for my liking. We'll be appointing Allardyce on a three year deal by December if he gives us more of that.

If he sticks to making adjustments within the general set-up from the Chelsea/Lyon matches, I think he'll see us into comfortable mid-table territory. Then in May, hopefully with some of the backroom deadwood cleared out and a new director of football in place, we can make a run at someone interesting like Tuchel (yes, he's currently unattached but we have no chance of getting him until we clean up the backroom mess), Fonseca, or Silva. Or Favre or Marcelino for a more deliberate approach to football. Or Graham Potter if we want someone English (I think he'll be a full-blown media darling by the end of Ostersunds' Europa campaign).

Extra Unsworth concern: I've seen some posters on another forum posit that Royle has a major influence over his team selections, hence the absence of Vlasic/Sandro/Klaassen. That would be... not great. Vlasic's performances under Koeman have earned him the right to play and the other two desperately need to be re-evaluated in a more functional team structure.

I was just reading an article of Graham Potter yesterday. Definitely a left-field choice.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 09, 2017, 07:26:06 PM
Reply #1412

Hawkandro

Managers have their favourites, that’s just how it is.

But if Unsworth does get the job, the board will want him to integrate our high profile ‘underachievers’ I’ll call them, into the team.

Getting us out of the shit will obviously be the first task but Moshiri won’t be happy that he’s paying players £100k p/w and they aren’t even getting on the bench. Then Walsh looks like a cunt as his signings are nowhere to be seen and kids are deemed better options. It all starts getting a bit toxic.
Just wait - once the January transfer window opens, our better and higher profile players will start getting linked with moves away. Players want to be in the team, whether they deserve to be or not. These players didn’t sign up for a relegation fight or to strive for mid-table safety...even if they were in part, responsible for us being there.

I can definitely see two of Rooney, Barkley and Sigurdsson being somewhere else come 1st Sept 2018.

November 09, 2017, 11:04:19 PM
Reply #1413

Lincs Toffee

I can definitely see two of Rooney, Barkley and Sigurdsson being somewhere else come 1st Sept 2018.
I think I would rather bin off Sigurdsson and get Fellaini back , keep Barkley, Rooney can stay if he wants but only as back up!
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

November 09, 2017, 11:12:07 PM
Reply #1414

BlueForYou

Rooney and Barkley for the Christmas/New Year games!

Rooney talks well and is very media savvy - could make a good coach/manager
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 09, 2017, 11:15:54 PM
Reply #1415

gizzblue

Good imho the team would benifit from all three fucking off ....Ross ain't staying already wearing spurs pj's...we payed to much for Sig if we can recoup half ...and Rooney well that kinda speaks for itself ....unless anybody can actually tell me his alleged position has lost to much in the last few years..championship awaits or China.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:19:14 PM by gizzblue »

November 10, 2017, 09:31:31 AM
Reply #1416

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 10, 2017, 09:51:07 AM
Reply #1417

Evertonian in NC

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/09/liam-rosenior-safety-first-managers-premier-league

Great read.  My favourite paragraph:

For years, we have asked where top English coaches with new ideas are coming from and then, without looking for the right person, clubs have instead opted to continue the seemingly endless obsession with the managerial merry-go-round.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 10, 2017, 02:15:36 PM
Reply #1418

GrantyBoy78

Seriously, give Unsworth the job or aggressively get your target in. I genuinely, 100% think the board are just sat on their hands and seeing how this pans out. 

November 10, 2017, 02:47:19 PM
Reply #1419

Hawkandro

Everton; the John Travolta Pulp Fiction GIF in sporting form.

November 10, 2017, 04:46:29 PM
Reply #1420

GrantyBoy78

I predict we give the job to Unsworth until the end of the season...then replace him after Christmas with Allerdyce.

November 10, 2017, 04:52:44 PM
Reply #1421

ally2

I'm not an Unsworth fan at all but seriously - what are we all hoping for?  This isn't dithering. There's no one out there.

November 10, 2017, 05:09:26 PM
Reply #1422

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

November 10, 2017, 05:24:24 PM
Reply #1423

GrantyBoy78

I'm not an Unsworth fan at all but seriously - what are we all hoping for?  This isn't dithering. There's no one out there.
So what are the board hoping for? If there is no one out there (I agree with you) then just appoint Unsworth.

November 10, 2017, 06:16:57 PM
Reply #1424

SANA_DR0

according to the Echo, and 644 voters..

did anyone off of here vote? lol

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.