Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 197460 times)

November 28, 2017, 04:43:00 AM
Reply #2850

sam of the south

He's a dish

Erm, not as dishy as Harry Styles.

But I know a man who is....

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

November 28, 2017, 04:44:51 AM
Reply #2851

ally2

What an absolute shambles we are at the moment, fast turning into a laughing stock.

How shite are things when we initially don't make Allardyce feel welcome then ten days later look like right bellends and need to go back and re open talks with him because we've been totally incapable of getting anyone else in.

Complete mess on and off the pitch at the moment.

Not really. We probably wanted someone else as a preference a few weeks ago, tried hard to get them but couldn't get the deal done so we've gone for a lesser option. A 'Plan B' as football fans like to say. Or Plan C. The thing we were complaining about that wasn't done regarding summer transfer targets.

November 28, 2017, 04:46:09 AM
Reply #2852

dax78

i truely believe Sam is the right man to sort out this great club. Like it or not there is something rotten in the state of Denmark. We need a safe pair of hands for a year or two. Fuck how fast things have turned to shite
Hans segers is a legend ;)

November 28, 2017, 04:46:17 AM
Reply #2853

Ross

That shortlist looks like its been picked out of a tombola.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 28, 2017, 04:46:56 AM
Reply #2854

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell mate that nonce shout was a bolt from the blue.

We might have a way out of this Big Sam thing, but - go on

he fucks kids.

Anyway, like the look of fonsecas shaktar side, but we’re shite so god knows if he could do anything with us.

I’m going to spend a bit of time compiling my ‘reasons to be cheerful about Sam’ list I think. So far I’ve got Jay Jay Okoha and a sort of loose outline of a Moneyball pioneer line. And fernando hierro but genuinely can’t remember if he was good for Bolton (or even played for them). I just remember liking his nickname - The Spanish Brick Wall.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:48:27 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 28, 2017, 04:47:44 AM
Reply #2855

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
P.s oh and hes not ONeill.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 28, 2017, 04:52:38 AM
Reply #2856

Gash

Global Moderator
Not really. We probably wanted someone else as a preference a few weeks ago, tried hard to get them but couldn't get the deal done so we've gone for a lesser option. A 'Plan B' as football fans like to say. Or Plan C. The thing we were complaining about that wasn't done regarding summer transfer targets.

We've gone back to Allardyce, he said himself that he didn't feel wanted and that he didn't get a good feeling about us. Sounds more like we made a half baked attempt at sounding him out without ever sounding convincing that we wanted him but now we're shitting our pants and have gone back to in desperation to try and get him to save our season.

November 28, 2017, 04:54:17 AM
Reply #2857

therealdunc

Fonseca was accused of being a nonce during a spell managing a team called C.D. Aves

There was an investigation but critics say the investigation was flawed and nothing more was made of it

On a separate note, hes not a very good manager. Winning with Porto is very easy in a 2 team league.
There is only really Benfica as a rival.
Blue

November 28, 2017, 04:55:24 AM
Reply #2858

ally2

I have no idea about Fonseca at all.

November 28, 2017, 05:03:02 AM
Reply #2859

Macca77

Fonseca was accused of being a nonce during a spell managing a team called C.D. Aves

There was an investigation but critics say the investigation was flawed and nothing more was made of it

On a separate note, hes not a very good manager. Winning with Porto is very easy in a 2 team league.
There is only really Benfica as a rival.

Allardyce isn't a very good manager either

November 28, 2017, 05:05:59 AM
Reply #2860

therealdunc

As some of you have worked out, I was tipped off that big Sam was back in the frame yesterday.

My source just told me, expect a press conference tomorrow.

I asked will he take charge on Wednesday and I got a ??? Reply
Blue

November 28, 2017, 05:16:47 AM
Reply #2861

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

As some of you have worked out, I was tipped off that big Sam was back in the frame yesterday.

My source just told me, expect a press conference tomorrow.

I asked will he take charge on Wednesday and I got a Reply

And what did the reply say pres tell
Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2017, 05:17:39 AM
Reply #2862

mikey_blue

It has to be Sam. Anyone else would be too high risk.

A short term deal to steady the ship, and then back to the drawing board in the summer.

November 28, 2017, 05:36:09 AM
Reply #2863

Ridge

I think it is Fonseca, think he'll be interviewed tomorrow with expectation that he'll be offered the job. O'Neill and Allardyce have been getting the coverage due to being interviewed, but if either was going to get the job, why don't they have it now? Allardyce turned us down publicly, because we only wanted him short term. I'm not sure why you'd ask him back, as one of several interviews, unless you're rejecting him again. You don't really need to interview 2nd best candidate again, just give them job if you've changed your mind and they were someone you want.

You would interview the candidates from least to most likely, and 8/1 on Fonseca in betting market seems very generous to me. Tomorrow and Jim White telling us about an exciting new development. O'Neill and Allardyce are less popular choices, Fonseca fits more of the long term profile of Silva, who was obviously first long term pick of those available last time round.

We've seemed to chase public opinion around, but O'Neil is a non starter with fans, Allardyce also has a strong negative association with fans. Fonseca will likely be obscure enough to gain time to and hope from fanbase, other potential options look like favourable backlighting to me. Wouldn't be that suprised if Allardyce got it, but Fonseca is less likely to get despair and tears of the other candidates, more hope and intrigue and I think he's the more 'marquee signing'.

November 28, 2017, 06:00:05 AM
Reply #2864

Evertonian in NC

I know fuckall about Paulo Fonseca, but I will pray with all my might to every possible deity that he is our next manager.

It seems to be our only hope.  Christ, what a shambles.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin