Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 167607 times)

November 28, 2017, 09:51:58 PM
Reply #2955

Mayor Farnum

Don't see the point of haggling over his staff at this stage; everyone knows how he works. Why chase him then impose restrictions that will make his task more difficult? Everton eh...

November 28, 2017, 09:52:03 PM
Reply #2956

Alanvideo

Quite intrigued by the idea of the Fonse but it's a hell of a risk. Would be well received by most of us fans though. You can say he doesn't know the PL but neither did Silva when he came in. Just go for it.
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 28, 2017, 09:53:32 PM
Reply #2957

therealdunc

Gary Monk has shortened from 66/1 to 33/1

Is Bill trying to throw a spanner in the works?
Blue

November 28, 2017, 09:55:38 PM
Reply #2958

bluenuck

I just want this over with so I don't have to listen to people whine about what Duncan Ferguson or robert elstone does.

I know moshiri wants the right manager, but the rot of hate he's allowed to happen in these 5 weeks may not be manageable when it's all over.

November 28, 2017, 09:57:09 PM
Reply #2959

Waltzer

Fonseca will be a terribly risky choice. He surely knows near to nothing about the PL and how difficult it is to adjust (Ask Pep). He knows absolutely nothing about Everton players. It will take him until January to realise what a shambles it is, and by then we could be in dire straights. At least Silva knows the league, but he ain't coming so Welcome Sam for me.

Silva only has about 20 games more experience than him in the Prem and we were all relatively happy with that rumour. You say ask Pep, but he improved the team. Poch. Jose, Pellegrini all came into the league and made good starts too. I wouldnt be to rash to judge as everything needs to be taken in isolation, just cause someone has succeeded, or failed, doesnt mean it applies to all.
Its higher risk, but id argue its much higher reward too

November 28, 2017, 09:59:26 PM
Reply #2960

GoodisonPk

This needs to end.

November 28, 2017, 10:01:14 PM
Reply #2961

Waltzer

This job is big samuels if he wants it

Do people really think Everton would have re-opened talks and he would have agreed to it if he was only an option on a short list?

The issues last time was his staff and length of contract.

They are the only stumbling blocks

Meant to be on the same yearly wage as Koeman

I know most things are done via agents but what categorical truths are there that we have re-opened talks? All we've had are the usual 'skysports believes.....' type crap, also he was in Dubai wasnt he, are there any photos of him arriving back in the UK as surely he'd have been on the next plane home if it was more or less complete?

If he is back then fair enough!

November 28, 2017, 10:02:51 PM
Reply #2962

therealdunc

No idea sorry

A lad on another forum reckons Craig Shakespeare is on Merseyside but when he got asked for his source he didnít reply
Blue

November 28, 2017, 10:07:04 PM
Reply #2963

Mayor Farnum

I just want this over with so I don't have to listen to people whine about what Duncan Ferguson or robert elstone does.

I know moshiri wants the right manager, but the rot of hate he's allowed to happen in these 5 weeks may not be manageable when it's all over.

Ah it won't be long now. Just two more sleeps.

November 28, 2017, 10:10:12 PM
Reply #2964

TheTone

rich investor comes on board after years and years of trying, excitement builds amongst supporters

fast forward almost 2 years later and

Sam Allardyce looks like being drafted in as manager to fight off relegation

Everton that

November 28, 2017, 10:12:46 PM
Reply #2965

everton1952

I'd love to know what 'knowing the Prem' actually means. There's fuck all to know. There's six good teams, a few impressive smaller clubs and about 10 clubs whose players can't string 5 passes together. That's it. There's a million foreign managers and players here. They have more than figured out this simplistic, obvious league.
You must be as blind as a bat. There is no other league on this planet in which every match is a battle. Every foreign manager has been amazed at the competitive edge to every game, before they eventually adjust. How much time does the Fonseca fellow have to adjust? That is my point.  You say "There's fuck all to know". What a frankly stupid comment.

November 28, 2017, 10:12:58 PM
Reply #2966

Macca77

Fonseca evens

November 28, 2017, 10:16:21 PM
Reply #2967

Alanvideo

Richard Askam BBC journo on Twitter saying Fonseca unlikely.............
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 28, 2017, 10:19:46 PM
Reply #2968

therealdunc

Any truth in this 6pm press conference rumour?

Sky sports have three team at Goodison according to one of the lads on another forum. But they could just be interviewing someone later or doing an update from outside the ground.
Blue

November 28, 2017, 10:20:30 PM
Reply #2969

D15TIN

Richard Askam BBC journo on Twitter saying Fonseca unlikely.............
Allardyce is already as good as done, probably the only hold up is the fact hes in dubai