Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 165009 times)

November 28, 2017, 10:23:00 PM
Reply #2970

sam of the south

Richard Askam BBC journo on Twitter saying Fonseca unlikely.............

Can't you go back and Askam for a different answer?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 28, 2017, 10:23:04 PM
Reply #2971

Ross

Jimbo White has said Allardyce donít bother getting excited about Fonseca youíre only going to feel it harder when the inevitable happens.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 28, 2017, 10:26:19 PM
Reply #2972

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
:(

Dissapointed in myself for getting sucked in there.

November 28, 2017, 10:30:31 PM
Reply #2973

sam of the south

:(

Dissapointed in myself for getting sucked in there.

Yeah, that body of water in Africa is one of those five stages of grief thingies
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 28, 2017, 10:35:57 PM
Reply #2974

therealdunc

One plus note for the Big Samuel haters

He wonít take any crap from Mirallas or Schneiderlin
Blue

November 28, 2017, 10:38:08 PM
Reply #2975

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Didn't we just have the "no-nonsense" guy with Koeman?

November 28, 2017, 10:39:06 PM
Reply #2976

sirblue57

unless it comes in cash and a brown paper bag...
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 28, 2017, 10:43:04 PM
Reply #2977

Evertonian in NC

Well, there is a subset of fans for whom the dream is Wayne Rooney surrounded by 9 pub side grifters. "That's real Everton" they will say.

Good for you and Allardyce skimming off the top as we spiral into the dumpster.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 28, 2017, 10:44:15 PM
Reply #2978

kramer0

I know I said basically this exact same thing yesterday but.... depressing as he is, Allardyce is a pretty reasonable choice.

Tactics: He'll give us defensive structure, improve our attacking set pieces, and he doesn't require good passers in midfield (which is perfect because we don't have any).

Transfers: He's worked closely with Walsh and Glover before so we should be able to target our problem areas pretty efficiently when the January window opens. And if you're worried about exactly who he's going to sign, keep in mind that in his last three managerial stints, he's mostly targeted players ages 24-26 (a.k.a. early-to-mid prime players, a.k.a the gaping hole in our squad). That's a sound strategy for us right now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:58:05 PM by kramer0 »

November 28, 2017, 10:57:23 PM
Reply #2979

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I know I said basically this exact same thing yesterday but, depressing as he is, Allardyce is a pretty reasonable choice.

Tactics: He'll give us defensive structure, improve our attacking set pieces, and he doesn't require good passers in midfield (which is perfect because we don't have any).

Transfers: He's worked closely with Walsh and Glover before so we should be able to target our problem areas pretty efficiently when the January window opens. And if you're worried about exactly who he's going to sign, keep in mind that in his last three managerial stints, he's mostly targeted players ages 24-26 (a.k.a. early-to-mid prime players, a.k.a the gaping hole in our squad right now).

I think you're right in that there are some positives, certainly better than the current situation as like any manager you'd hope at least we'd sort out some of the basic problems. Plus, we'd finally know whether Walsh is up to the job too as he really would be getting "his man" to work with.

November 28, 2017, 11:00:51 PM
Reply #2980

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Fonseca evens

Fonseca Evans? He runs the Chippy by me
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 28, 2017, 11:10:23 PM
Reply #2981

loroloco

looks like itīs big sam then. i for one will be cheering him on as though he were my brother. my big fat bastard of a brother who i cant stand but always wish the best for.

November 28, 2017, 11:24:26 PM
Reply #2982

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2017, 11:25:03 PM
Reply #2983

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2017, 11:25:08 PM
Reply #2984

Ridge

Huge jump in money, opportunity to manage in the PL is not going to be there forever and which bigger club is going to hire him? I wonder if the delay in appointing a replacement has been because of his situation with them in CL still. If in a week they might be out of it, it's not a long time to wait in grand scheme of things.

Fonseca was one of the main candidates when we appointed Koeman. There are 2 things I think makes this likely, he appears to be receptive and he seems to be our preference. If we wanted Allardyce, it would be done and if Fonseca was going to reject us, I'm not sure talks would have progressed to an interview.

Here's an article from 6 weeks ago, that gives some reasons why he might want to move and why we'd be interested.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/16/shakhtar-donetsk-manager-paulo-fonseca-increases-prospect-everton/