Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 168884 times)

November 29, 2017, 04:28:39 AM
Reply #3015

Lxxx

2 of the 3 longest threads on this forum have been dedicated to Anichebe and ultimately Big Sam. Painful.

Sandro thread will have beaten it hands down. There was mass hysteria he was signing then mass hysteria that he wasn't. Ruined the summer on here.

November 29, 2017, 05:26:12 AM
Reply #3016

bigl1cks

Just done a bit of research on Fonseca and I can only surmise that the only reason people want him is because he is foreign.

What evidence is there to show he is more suited to a relegation battle than Sam Allardyce?
anything but long ball!

November 29, 2017, 05:27:30 AM
Reply #3017

sam of the south

Sandro thread will have beaten it hands down. There was mass hysteria he was signing then mass hysteria that he wasn't. Ruined the summer on here.

Thank god he signed though, eh 👍🏼
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 29, 2017, 05:27:31 AM
Reply #3018

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Just done a bit of research on Fonseca and I can only surmise that the only reason people want him is because he is foreign.

What evidence is there to show he is more suited to a relegation battle than Sam Allardyce?
It's not that he is more accustomed to a relegation battle its that he could be someone to take us forward long term
Simply simply lovely

November 29, 2017, 05:29:30 AM
Reply #3019

bigl1cks

It's not that he is more accustomed to a relegation battle its that he could be someone to take us forward long term

Iím sorry but this is based on what evidence exactly? We arenít in a position to take gambles in my opinion.
anything but long ball!

November 29, 2017, 05:29:50 AM
Reply #3020

stirlingblue

Been out all day, what's the news lads?

Everywhere else claims Big Sam is nailed on, but I see some hope of Fonseca on here, is it still possible?

November 29, 2017, 05:34:49 AM
Reply #3021

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sorry but this is based on what evidence exactly? We aren't in a position to take gambles in my opinion.
Maybe not. Do you want to see Allardyce here long term? What will he bring to the club long term?
Simply simply lovely

November 29, 2017, 05:36:57 AM
Reply #3022

Evertonian in NC

No hope seen in the American press. But this whole process has been a clusterfuck whirlwind, I will keep hope alive until the evil deed is done.

Allardyce leaves every club in weaker position for the long-term. We can't afford that just because we are shitting ourselves over being 1 in 10 on betting sites to go down. Competent, progressive management will see us through.

Allardyce is a grifter. He only keeps every side up until the first time he doesn't. Things change. Sooner or later, his grifter luck will run out. And I'm trying to understand why the squad wouldn't listen to short-term Unsworth, but they'd listen to a short-term, known shyster like Allardyce.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 29, 2017, 05:41:56 AM
Reply #3023

bigl1cks

Maybe not. Do you want to see Allardyce here long term? What will he bring to the club long term?

I want us to stay in the league this season and thatís all really for now. We are the worst team in the league and we need someone with experience of turning round doomed teams and keep them in the league. Long term thinking is great is in principle but you have to think about today as the priority, get that sorted, and then you can move on to the long term.
anything but long ball!

November 29, 2017, 06:44:59 AM
Reply #3024

Ridge

I don't think it would take long to negotiate deal with Allardyce.

I think the main issue is that Shakhtar have a final CL group game against City on 6th Dec to qualify. We'd have West Ham, Huddersfield and Apollon before he could take over. It's only a about a week's time, but it's a problem for someone.

November 29, 2017, 09:02:50 AM
Reply #3025

American Evertonian

I don't think it would take long to negotiate deal with Allardyce.

I think the main issue is that Shakhtar have a final CL group game against City on 6th Dec to qualify. We'd have West Ham, Huddersfield and Apollon before he could take over. It's only a about a week's time, but it's a problem for someone.

If waiting meant we got him then I would wait. Think the benefits outweigh the risk. I'm just worried we will get Big Sam for 7 months and we will invest in his types of players in Jan which may be useless come next season.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

November 29, 2017, 03:02:44 PM
Reply #3026

Rodenplav64

Allardyce is not the only Manager who could turn this around with 24/25 games of the season to go FFS .

November 29, 2017, 03:04:34 PM
Reply #3027

therealdunc

If waiting meant we got him then I would wait. Think the benefits outweigh the risk. I'm just worried we will get Big Sam for 7 months and we will invest in his types of players in Jan which may be useless come next season.
As opposed to the players we invested in this summer that you were wax lyrical about?

Big Sam is here for 2 and a half years at least, get over it.

This is big sams real test, heís finally got a big club with ambition.
While he takes over at a time of crisis, he knows how to turn it around.
Great times ahead IMO
Blue

November 29, 2017, 03:05:40 PM
Reply #3028

Macca77

November 29, 2017, 03:07:35 PM
Reply #3029

Rodenplav64

As opposed to the players we invested in this summer that you were wax lyrical about?

Big Sam is here for 2 and a half years at least, get over it.

This is big sams real test, he’s finally got a big club with ambition.
While he takes over at a time of crisis, he knows how to turn it around.
Great times ahead IMO

Do you get beaten up a lot or are you not this annoying in real life .