Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 168621 times)

February 18, 2018, 09:50:18 PM
Reply #3090

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think rooney would still be ok in he middle and would give that important out ball ala Fred.

Still need a proper ĎEver Banegaí in the middle and maybe a box to box monster..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 20, 2018, 03:38:48 PM
Reply #3091

Lincs Toffee

"It’s basically Martinez’ initial build-up, (including Barry dropping back between the CB’s, the Wing-Backs flying on, and the Wingers cutting in) but then a complete departure, with vertical passing instead, and a very aggressive team press when the ball is lost, and if the press fails, falling into a very disciplined and compact defensive block."

This gives me a hard on !
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

February 22, 2018, 05:22:51 AM
Reply #3092

Redartin

I am curious to see how he does in the Champions league against Roma on Wednesday. Be a good test for how tactically aware he and his team are.

Came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1.

February 22, 2018, 02:55:49 PM
Reply #3093

Hawkandro

November 30th we signed Sam?
2 and a half months ago?
Feels like a fucking life time

This whole season feels like 4 seasons combined.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 22, 2018, 02:58:24 PM
Reply #3094

Hawkandro

Think rooney would still be ok in he middle and would give that important out ball ala Fred.

Still need a proper ‘Ever Banega’ in the middle and maybe a box to box monster..

Could Tom Davies take the Banega role? His forward passing is usually pretty decent?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 22, 2018, 03:22:33 PM
Reply #3095

Bluedylan

Could Tom Davies take the Banega role? His forward passing is usually pretty decent?

Not for me. Davies is more of a get around the pitch, takes risks midfielder. Because he tries things, they sometimes don't work. Banega's more of a metronomic playmaker. We have no equivalent at the club.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 04, 2018, 01:42:10 PM
Reply #3096

GrantyBoy78

Our defence looks like it needs a complete overhaul in the summer and obviously the balance in midfield and attack isnít great either; how important do you think it is to bring in someone who has experience with rebuilding teams from the back?

March 04, 2018, 02:13:28 PM
Reply #3097

Lxxx

Our defence looks like it needs a complete overhaul in the summer and obviously the balance in midfield and attack isnít great either; how important do you think it is to bring in someone who has experience with rebuilding teams from the back?

What does that even mean? A good football manager builds a good football team, he doesnít just neglect 1/3 or 2/3 of the side.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:02:40 PM by Lxxx »

March 04, 2018, 02:23:39 PM
Reply #3098

Bluedylan

A good manager solves problems, and makes the team better than the sum of it's parts (i.e. Carvaljal at Swansea).

When things are going wrong, it looks like there's problems everywhere. When things are going well, what previously seemed like problems disappear.

The squad does need reorganising in some areas, but not as much as it looks. One good managerial appointment and we'll look like a totally different side.

March 04, 2018, 02:34:28 PM
Reply #3099

GrantyBoy78

What's does that even mean? A good football manager builds a good football team, he doesn't just neglect 1/3 or 2/3 of the side.
We do have some decent midfielders and forwards at the club but our defenders are woeful. Coleman and Holgate (after another 40 games) are our only players at the back. The defence needs to be rebuilt, Coleman is the only cornerstone.

March 04, 2018, 02:41:18 PM
Reply #3100

Bluedylan

We do have some decent midfielders and forwards at the club but our defenders are woeful. Coleman and Holgate (after another 40 games) are our only players at the back. The defence needs to be rebuilt, Coleman is the only cornerstone.

Michael Keane will eventually be a good player for us, when paired with the right long term partner in a settled defence week after week. I know it doesn't look like it now, but the lad's confidence is shattered and needs rebuilding under a competent manager.

March 04, 2018, 02:42:27 PM
Reply #3101

GrantyBoy78

A good manager solves problems, and makes the team better than the sum of it's parts (i.e. Carvaljal at Swansea).

When things are going wrong, it looks like there's problems everywhere. When things are going well, what previously seemed like problems disappear.

The squad does need reorganising in some areas, but not as much as it looks. One good managerial appointment and we'll look like a totally different side.
I agree in principle with regards to the overall squad, however, I donít see much talent in our stable of defenders. Stability and continuity is so important in defence and ours needs overhauling. Itís a daunting task.

March 04, 2018, 03:01:19 PM
Reply #3102

Bally

Administrator
I'd give Wenger a little shout you know, "they're hating you at the club mate come to Everton, we'll love you for a little bit, until you have a shitty run of games then you'll get screamed at in the street, it's OK though because we'll love you again if you get us to beat the shite
It's the roll I way

March 04, 2018, 03:13:36 PM
Reply #3103

dunkster

lately im torn between whether the previous and current manager are responsible for the lack of ability amongst this squad or whether they are all just shit players now.? Seems like a squad of either hasbeens, average players and young talent that possibly just isn't good enough.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 04, 2018, 05:03:46 PM
Reply #3104

GrantyBoy78

Michael Keane will eventually be a good player for us, when paired with the right long term partner in a settled defence week after week. I know it doesn't look like it now, but the lad's confidence is shattered and needs rebuilding under a competent manager.

The new manager will have to do more than just tweak the current defence though? I largely agree with what you said but that still entails buying a defensive lynchpin, a leader to make others around him, better. No mean feat. And assuming our new manager will want to play the fast, attacking football weíre all desperate for, then Baines will need replacing, too?

Iíve supported Keane this season but Iím running out of excuses for him. I hope the new manager gets more out of him but time will tell if he can; itís another uncertainty. Whether SA is at fault or not, Keaneís apparent confidence crisis doesnít say much for his mental fortitude.