Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 146348 times)

March 05, 2018, 12:52:09 AM
Reply #3120

Evertonian in NC

Arsene Wenger cannot be killed by conventional means.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 05, 2018, 02:11:11 AM
Reply #3121

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I fully want us to go for Arteta.

Get the right director of football in and give him and Arteta the task of rebuilding and developing the squad.

It's a monumental risk, I know, but you acheive nothing without being brave and taking risks.

I just think with the education he's he from barca, to working with Pep, to the years of playing in the premier league learning from someone like Moyes on how to adapt his game to succeed here where many players of his type fail has created a perfect match to be a great manager in this league.

He'll bring with him so much knowledge and enthusiasm to counter the pragmatism and half arsed nature of Koeman and Allardyce which has created one of the most dull football teams we've ever had to witness.

My eggs are fully in his basket now.

Plus, he's probably the only person out there who can rival Fonseca in the looks department.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:12:15 AM by TheRam »

March 05, 2018, 02:21:12 AM
Reply #3122

KoemansNumberTens

I fully want us to go for Arteta.

Get the right director of football in and give him and Arteta the task of rebuilding and developing the squad.

It's a monumental risk, I know, but you acheive nothing without being brave and taking risks.

I just think with the education he's he from barca, to working with Pep, to the years of playing in the premier league learning from someone like Moyes on how to adapt his game to succeed here where many players of his type fail has created a perfect match to be a great manager in this league.

He'll bring with him so much knowledge and enthusiasm to counter the pragmatism and half arsed nature of Koeman and Allardyce which has created one of the most dull football teams we've ever had to witness.

My eggs are fully in his basket now.

Plus, he's probably the only person out there who can rival Fonseca in the looks department.

If he hadn't played for us you wouldn't be remotely interested in him managing us either. Ridiculous suggestion

March 05, 2018, 02:23:21 AM
Reply #3123

Gash

Global Moderator
There's no more reason to go for Arteta than there is the likes of Giggs. I agree that we need to move away from Premier League dinosaurs but we're also not in a position to give someone a platform to make his mistakes just because he used to play for us and has a slick hairdo.

March 05, 2018, 02:25:00 AM
Reply #3124

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If he hadn't played for us you wouldn't be remotely interested in him managing us either. Ridiculous suggestion

I would though.

There's a lot more to his credentials than used to play for Everton.

March 05, 2018, 02:26:31 AM
Reply #3125

blue slug

I think we should be at least going for a current manager and not someone with no managerial experience whatsoever

March 05, 2018, 02:26:44 AM
Reply #3126

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Arteta as an assistant... Id go for he'd never leave City tho
Simply simply lovely

March 05, 2018, 02:41:19 AM
Reply #3127

bluenuck

While we need a new coach I still think as long as a lot of these players are here and as long as Walsh and whoever scouts for us is here it will be very difficult for that new coach.

This isn't just about a coach. We could bring in pep and we'd still struggle for a couple of seasons till we fixed our dof and transfer policy.

Walsh is shit, and so are a lot of our players.

March 05, 2018, 02:52:08 AM
Reply #3128

Bluedylan

I get what you're saying, Ram, but I think the job's too big for Arteta at the moment. We absolutely have to get this one right after the last few seasons. Defo be up for him as no. 2.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 05, 2018, 03:10:50 AM
Reply #3129

Ridge

I'm struggling to think of an assistant manager, who has become a manager and done very well. Can think of loads that have tried, most United assistants, Shakespeare etc. and some who have got better over time. But its a much bigger skillset and responsibility to be a manager.

Would be well up for having Arteta as a senior coach, assistant manager, but why would he? I don't see him as a leader, he has no experience of management. Would be madness, so seems plausible with current shambles.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:11:53 AM by Ridge »

March 05, 2018, 03:14:40 AM
Reply #3130

Heisenberg

It literally that shit at the minute Im definitely willing to give it to Arteta because I like his hair

March 05, 2018, 03:15:37 AM
Reply #3131

blue slug

I'm struggling to think of an assistant manager, who has become a manager and done very well. Can think of loads that have tried, most United assistants, Shakespeare etc. and some who have got better over time. But its a much bigger skillset and responsibility to be a manager.

Would be well up for having Arteta as a senior coach, assistant manager, but why would he? I don't see him as a leader, he has no experience of management. Would be madness, so seems plausible with current shambles.

Totally agree ridge our next appointment needs to be the right one not taking a flyer on a former player whose been coaching

March 05, 2018, 03:15:43 AM
Reply #3132

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I would though.

There's a lot more to his credentials than used to play for Everton.

Not much more though.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 05, 2018, 03:17:44 AM
Reply #3133

blue slug

What credentials has arteta got? Genuine question

March 05, 2018, 04:12:26 AM
Reply #3134

Heisenberg

What credentials has arteta got? Genuine question

As a manager. He's won the same amount as Allarydyce. Maybe we would be better off getting an up and coming at the start of their career. Our current methodology hasnt been great