Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 158927 times)

March 05, 2018, 01:40:19 PM
Reply #3150

Cereal Killer

It's a World Cup year, sure there'll be plenty of international offers for Wenger come the summer

March 05, 2018, 01:41:27 PM
Reply #3151

Ramjam

It has to be either the Fonz or  Silva
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 05, 2018, 01:57:47 PM
Reply #3152

GrantyBoy78

I fully want us to go for Arteta.

Get the right director of football in and give him and Arteta the task of rebuilding and developing the squad.

It's a monumental risk, I know, but you acheive nothing without being brave and taking risks.

I just think with the education he's he from barca, to working with Pep, to the years of playing in the premier league learning from someone like Moyes on how to adapt his game to succeed here where many players of his type fail has created a perfect match to be a great manager in this league.

He'll bring with him so much knowledge and enthusiasm to counter the pragmatism and half arsed nature of Koeman and Allardyce which has created one of the most dull football teams we've ever had to witness.

My eggs are fully in his basket now.

Plus, he's probably the only person out there who can rival Fonseca in the looks department.
Iím almost sold...

March 05, 2018, 02:11:11 PM
Reply #3153

Macca77

Id love Arteta here, it's a huge gamble though and one which I doubt we should take

March 05, 2018, 02:39:54 PM
Reply #3154

Hawkandro

And so it begins

https://twitter.com/pbsportswriter/status/970427253262897159

If the extent of our ambition is Wenger and Vardy, then colour me despairing.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 05, 2018, 02:43:48 PM
Reply #3155

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How about Wenger for a couple of seasons with Arteta as assistant? Although Wenger is getting on, he will get us playing the right way and also get us back on the map again with regards a big name manager. More likely to find a better replacement in a year or two compared to now, or Arteta to take over.

Wenger links are everywhere at the moment. I donít see us getting anyone else decent in at this time. This could be a good stop gap in the short term.

Allardyce or Wenger?

If true of course.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

March 05, 2018, 02:46:29 PM
Reply #3156

Jamokachi

How about Wenger for a couple of seasons with Arteta as assistant? Although Wenger is getting on, he will get us playing the right way and also get us back on the map again with regards a big name manager. More likely to find a better replacement in a year or two compared to now, or Arteta to take over.

Wenger links are everywhere at the moment. I donít see us getting anyone else decent in at this time. This could be a good stop gap in the short term.

Allardyce or Wenger?

If true of course.

Why would Arteta go from being Pep's number 2 at City to Wenger's number 2 at Everton?!

March 05, 2018, 02:53:57 PM
Reply #3157

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Why would Arteta go from being Pep's number 2 at City to Wenger's number 2 at Everton?!
Stranger things have happened. Who knows?

But anyway as far as the main manager I wouldnít be adverse to Wenger replacing Fat Sam for the next season or two. I canít see us getting anyone decent for the foreseeable thanks to the shit job all our managers have done this season.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

March 05, 2018, 03:14:20 PM
Reply #3158

nsno

I've said it before on here, we should go all out for rudi garcia from Marseille. He's go bags of continental experience and plays a style of football I think would adhere his to our fans.

However, the nostalgic side of me wants us to take the punt on arteta and @TheRam has sold me on it.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

March 05, 2018, 03:15:36 PM
Reply #3159

Toffee1

To add to @blargins post, given where Pep and Wenger are in their respective careers, the opportunity to become a first team manager would in theory be easier here than at City for Arteta in a season or two.

However, this is all conjecture as they would probably have to take Wenger out in a coffin for him to leave Arsenal and just because he was a former player does not automatically mean that Arteta would be interested in the Everton job if and when it becomes available.

I still think (and hope) that Fonseca, given his contract situation and his style of play, will be our manager next season.

March 05, 2018, 03:21:24 PM
Reply #3160

Alanvideo

[quote author=blargins link=topic=94834.msg1437940#msg1437940 date=152023942

Wenger links are everywhere at the moment. I donít see us getting anyone else decent in at this time. This could be a good stop gap in the short term

[/quote]..................links are everywhere ?  the story comes from the Daily Star FFS
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 05, 2018, 04:25:05 PM
Reply #3161

TheTone

I'm still favouring big Marco, I know he seems to be a bit of a nomad like and there might be a touch of the Martinez about his style of play but I still reckon he could do a good job here

Plus he is right up there in the sexy bastid stakes

March 05, 2018, 04:39:36 PM
Reply #3162

KoemansNumberTens

Am I the only 1 who thinks Wenger would be a shocking appointment. He seems to have a bit of the martinezs about him in recent seasons

March 05, 2018, 04:52:54 PM
Reply #3163

blue slug

I agree with you KNT, he's slowly been going backwards at arsenal for a few years now IMO, give me a fonseca, Tedesco or silva type appointment any da of the week over wenger.

March 05, 2018, 04:55:09 PM
Reply #3164

Lazarou

The last few games of having watched Arsenal I would say Wenger is the last thing we need to galvanise a already under performing, clueless squad.

The Arsenal squad look like they don't give fuck (expect maybe Wilshere) they look like a carbon copy of us except with a higher class of under performing numpties.

He is the exact opposite of what we need at this time.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018