Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 191305 times)

March 23, 2018, 02:23:43 AM
Reply #3285

Ramjam

Id have Conte but dont think hed come, hell surely have better offers from Europe once Chelsea fuck him off.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 27, 2018, 04:10:14 PM
Reply #3286

Macca77

March 27, 2018, 04:44:29 PM
Reply #3287

Lxxx

The time is ripe for a new breed of managers to come through and invest in, with money but more importantly time. If you look at the managerial merry go round beneath the top 6 it's depressing, same faces, same failures.

Maybe footballers who retire today are so wealthy and have other interests they don't need the hassle so they take their knowledge and experience out of the game. Whatever the reasons we do need to be investing in someone like a Fonseca as it's clear the current strategy of overpaying for average players with old school managers and DoF isn't going to have us progressing at the rate Moshiri demands, if at all. 

March 28, 2018, 01:42:02 AM
Reply #3288

Macca77

March 28, 2018, 02:15:45 AM
Reply #3289

Ramjam

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 28, 2018, 02:20:33 AM
Reply #3290

Evertonian in NC

"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 28, 2018, 02:28:20 AM
Reply #3291

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
How reputable do we believe these rumours to be?
It's the mirror so sadly not a great deal

There's a few itks stating this as a plan and a couple sadly saying it's Allardyce for the foreseeable
Simply simply lovely

March 28, 2018, 02:34:33 AM
Reply #3292

Evertonian in NC

It's the mirror so sadly not a great deal

There's a few itks stating this as a plan and a couple sadly saying it's Allardyce for the foreseeable

Thanks.  Back to prayer and/or voodoo that the first faction are right.  Dunno if misinformation out there, or if Moshiri is just of two minds (though I'd bet on Door #2 there).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 28, 2018, 02:57:21 AM
Reply #3293

blue slug

Id love this to happen but as soon as I saw the mirror then I wont raise my hopes

March 28, 2018, 03:24:20 AM
Reply #3294

penguinofdoom1878

In minor defence of John Cross who wrote the article, he has very strong links with Arsenal so there could be some legs to the story.

March 28, 2018, 04:39:08 AM
Reply #3295

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The mirror has broke some news regarding us recently.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 28, 2018, 06:23:04 AM
Reply #3296

Ridge

I'd expect us to be one of the most attractive jobs on offer in the summer, huge wages, resources.

In PL, possible that Conte and Wenger might leave, but no guarantee. There will be a few big jobs available on the continent, but the rest are not going to pay as much as we would.

But I still wouldn't rule out us appointing a poor choice, despite a wealth of options, we just have such a bad habit for poor recruitment.

March 28, 2018, 04:23:25 PM
Reply #3297

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest, i'd prefer to avoid getting a new manager & DoF in at the same time again. Especially in a world cup year, it'd be another write off/building summer.

Couple of posts in here have changed my mind about Walsh a little bit. When you look at the younger kids he has brought in, they're all really good.
In fact, i think there has been a really good argument for all the signings.

But i do think we need to step up/get someone with authority.
So, new manager this year and have a year long 'hand-over' for a new DoF next summer.

March 28, 2018, 04:47:07 PM
Reply #3298

Lxxx

To be honest, i'd prefer to avoid getting a new manager & DoF in at the same time again. Especially in a world cup year, it'd be another write off/building summer.

Couple of posts in here have changed my mind about Walsh a little bit. When you look at the younger kids he has brought in, they're all really good.
In fact, i think there has been a really good argument for all the signings.

But i do think we need to step up/get someone with authority.
So, new manager this year and have a year long 'hand-over' for a new DoF next summer.

I think this is a sensible view. We saw what happened when Koeman and Walsh took the reins at the same time and by the time Koeman left we were still none the wiser as to who was responsible for what and how it worked but we saw it all blow it up in our faces nonetheless.

Much as I think Walsh is the wrong person for the job, unfortunately so is Allardyce, Lee, Shakespeare and the whole motley crue of prehistoric idiots, plus a number of senior players who need moving on. It's also appearing like Kenwright and Elstone may be leaving us too soon, if rumours are to be believed. That'd be a large turnover of key positions in one summer.

Unless Moshiri has somehow received a crash course in football in between being Usmanov's bagman for all his other businesses I think we need some stability at the minute and if we bring in Fonseca, who knows little about English football, it might not be the worst idea to utilise Walsh until as such a time we bin him off. Even if Brands comes in and they work together for a year, Walsh isn't going to get paid anywhere near what he gets here ever again, he'd be a fool to not try and make it work.

March 29, 2018, 03:49:53 AM
Reply #3299

Paddockoldie

Need to get new manager in before we sign future players so he can get the one's he wants.. Otherwise you end up wasting money. I'd like Shaqueri though.. Failing that Shakira.