Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 197173 times)

May 22, 2018, 02:26:27 AM
Reply #3705

KoemansNumberTens

Arteta would be a ridiculous risk. Based on the fact Guardiola likes him? Honestly it would be crazy. I imagine all managers like their coaches.

May 22, 2018, 02:30:01 AM
Reply #3706

Topper

Both? Fonseca signed a new deal and Emery was always gonna opt for one of the bigger boys, especially ones in London. So haven't missed out on either. Silva is our top pick

Our top picks as in 'supporters' in the poll above of who 'we' would like in charge, not who the board is going to put in charge, bit of a difference.

May 22, 2018, 02:30:52 AM
Reply #3707

Macca77

Arteta withdrew from talks with Arsenal cos he wanted complete control of transfers and was told no

May 22, 2018, 02:33:42 AM
Reply #3708

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Arteta withdrew from talks with Arsenal cos he wanted complete control of transfers and was told no

No way he didn’t know that they restructured their football executive system a few months ago. There was no chance they’d just rip that up for someone with no experience.

They’ve just decided Emery is better.

May 22, 2018, 02:34:23 AM
Reply #3709

plumber

It's a shame. I hoped Arteta would ruin Arsenal.

May 22, 2018, 02:45:23 AM
Reply #3710

Bluedylan

No way he didn’t know that they restructured their football executive system a few months ago. There was no chance they’d just rip that up for someone with no experience.

They’ve just decided Emery is better.

And that makes complete sense, because it's overwhelmingly likely that he is better, based on available evidence.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 22, 2018, 02:52:49 AM
Reply #3711

Normm

I would like to recast my vote to Arteta.

He will prove to be an excellent manager - so long as he has the main say about team recruitment. He has the right character and ambition for a club like ours. I've no doubt about it.

May 22, 2018, 02:53:40 AM
Reply #3712

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

He will prove to be an excellent manager - so long as he has the main say about team recruitment. He has the right character and ambition for a club like ours. I've no doubt about it.

Why the particular caveat re control over transfers?

May 22, 2018, 02:56:31 AM
Reply #3713

fubarruk

Based on what? Without any managerial experience it's impossible to say what he's gonna be like.

Not every good coach makes a good manager, Steve McLaren a case in point for starters...

May 22, 2018, 02:57:13 AM
Reply #3714

bogie

and I have no doubt we just signed a DOF so we could let a man that has never managed a club before sign the player for us

May 22, 2018, 02:59:47 AM
Reply #3715

Redartin

It's a shame. I hoped Arteta would ruin Arsenal.
You see this is a great example for those gunning for Arteta at Everton.

There are a number of us, myself included, who think that if Arteta got the Arsenal job there is a bigger possibility they'd blip and give teams like us a chance of breaking into the top 6. If Emery gets the job, as is now being reported, that is disappointing, not only for us, but also for teams above them, like the shite, as there is a bigger possibility of becoming a top 4 team again.
So why should we go for an Arteta when there are better, proven managers available. Also bear in mind Arsenal are in a better condition, squad wise than us at present.

May 22, 2018, 03:00:06 AM
Reply #3716

penguinofdoom1878

I would like to recast my vote to the fella we're actually appointing, then I can see it in bold and think yep I wanted him all along.

May 22, 2018, 03:04:24 AM
Reply #3717

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Emery to Arsenal is a double kick in the nuts.

May 22, 2018, 03:08:08 AM
Reply #3718

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Arteta would be a ridiculous risk. Based on the fact Guardiola likes him? Honestly it would be crazy. I imagine all managers like their coaches.

On the other hand, Guardiola was appointed with even less experience, so he may know a thing or two about when someone's ready.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

May 22, 2018, 03:14:26 AM
Reply #3719

Normm

If that was all there is to consider, I would agree with you. For me, it would be crazy to ignore his obvious leadership qualities, recognized at Everton, Arsenal and City. It would be a risk, but one worth taking.

The thought of hiring Silva does not inspire me with confidence, based on his last two appointments.