Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 162287 times)

October 23, 2017, 04:22:03 AM
Read 162287 times

boothill

get ferguson out of retirement

October 23, 2017, 09:44:35 PM
Reply #1

boothill

At Nice and helped them finish 3rd last year. don't know about this year.

I was under the impression he was a young manager but he's close to 60. I'd consider him but I'd love go down the Poch/Silva route. Get some innovative young coach coming in

Probably get shot down for this but is AVB a mad shout? Still ridiculously young for a manager, had spurs playing lovely stuff and was unlucky with recruitment and getting sacked a bit too soon for me
Did he say to drogba, or lampard. "I dont want you in my team, all you do is score goals"

October 23, 2017, 10:29:17 PM
Reply #2

boothill

Adrian Durhams suggestion for new manager, Wayne Rooney!
Hes just being a very bad agent provocateur, the ginger bastard

October 23, 2017, 10:30:14 PM
Reply #3

boothill

Tune in to Radio Merseyside instead of that drivel.
But its the beegees
Not a fan of the Bee Gees mate

October 23, 2017, 10:54:37 PM
Reply #4

boothill

October 24, 2017, 03:59:39 PM
Reply #5

boothill

And mike parry as press officer

October 24, 2017, 04:03:24 PM
Reply #6

boothill

And mike parry as press officer
That was meant to be attached to a joey barton post

October 25, 2017, 04:33:56 PM
Reply #7

boothill

Koeman & Martinez wave hello from a beach somewhere and it ain't in Rhyl or Talacre.
Rhyl is shit poor now, i think they may have crossed the blue bridge and vacationed in towyn

October 26, 2017, 06:18:12 PM
Reply #8

boothill

John Ebbrell - class of '84 Lilleshall original

Kendall rated him
The day he done mcmahan when he tried to do ebbrell, classic, right in front of me, you could hear the shithouse scream

October 26, 2017, 10:57:22 PM
Reply #9

boothill

This tuchel, whats the big deal ? Hes won a cup in germany with a biggish team, cant see the attraction myself, the prem is a total different animal all together, if you havnt got an experience of it or a squad of world class players you will struggle, just look across the park, ok they turn us over regular, but they're nowt special

October 26, 2017, 11:15:29 PM
Reply #10

boothill

Ancelotti and mourinho are the 2 foriegners that have been a major succes, wenger to a certain degree, but look at the squads they had and inherited. The city managers were binned after a title each. This guy at watford is learnin the prem all the time, if it doesnt work out for unsy then i would go for him in the summer

October 27, 2017, 12:22:51 AM
Reply #11

boothill

Poch, Ranieri, Benitez. There's probably others I'm forgetting.

Name some English managers who've done really well, apart from the cloggers who keep teams up until their own fans eventually grow to despise them because they can't bear to watch horrendous football and Gareth McCauley being the top scorer at the club.
Benitez hit the ground running with a very good squad,been all over europe since and done nowt, even with los blancos, poch aint won nowt, and ranieri, the biggest upset ever, then sacked a couple of months later. Not saying stay english read my post, just saying its not all about bring foriegners in and it will be all ok

October 27, 2017, 12:30:30 AM
Reply #12

boothill

Benitez hit the ground running with a very good squad,been all over europe since and done nowt, even with los blancos, poch aint won nowt, and ranieri, the biggest upset ever, then sacked a couple of months later. Not saying stay english read my post, just saying its not all about bring foriegners in and it will be all ok
Did to a good caretaker job at chelsea as did di matteo. But i reckon mike walker could have too with that squad

October 27, 2017, 12:48:05 AM
Reply #13

boothill

People do realise Tuchel did a very good job before Dortmund, don't they?
No better than moyes done with us

October 27, 2017, 12:59:01 AM
Reply #14

boothill

No-one said it was all about foreigners making it all ok, so you've made that argument up in your own head. It's about who is the best manager for the club. And most of the best managers are 'foreigners'. That's just the reality of the situation.
Ive not seen 1 post promoting a british manager/coach, so im not making anything up, speaking from experience , our last 2 managers have been foriegn and its gone badly wrong. As with a host of clubs in the league. They are only as good as the squad they inherit or put together, even jose got the bullet and hes the top dog