Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 167904 times)

October 23, 2017, 04:41:23 AM
Read 167904 times

Shogun

Administrator
David Unsworth

He's done an excellent job with the U23s and appears to have the right attitude but the lack of experience is definitely a factor that needs to be taken into consideration. If Koeman can't get these players to gel together then what is there to suggest that David Unsworth can?

Rafa Benitez

Made my feelings on this man clear on many occasions. He hasn't taken over a club and finished higher with them since his Liverpool days. That'll probably change this season but then there's a reason his stock had fallen to such an extent that he ended up at Newcastle in the championship after he relegated them. Negative football and kopite connections. NO

Thomas Tuchel

Seemed to have a few falling outs at Dortmund but seems to be the ideal option on the list. He's young, got a strong record but still plenty to prove. I don't think he's out of our reach but at the same time, it might take a lot of persuading to get him here.

Carlo Ancellotti

Biggest name on the list. It's been a long time since he managed a club in Everton's position and I wonder how well he'd do, really. I think it's a non-starter as Chelsea-Real Madrid-Bayern Munich... Everton is a bit of a change of scene.

David Moyes

Lets bring Phil Neville in as assistant whilst we're at it. Fuck no.

Eddie Howe

There's a bit of the Roberto Martinez's about his style but you can't say he hasn't done an excellent job at Bournemouth and he does have clear identity about the way his team's play. Everton supporter as a kid so you'd imagine he gets what the club is about.

Sam Allardyce

We're Everton. Not Bolton, not Crystal Palace, not Blackburn, not Sunderland. EVERTON.

Marco Silva

Love Silva but I think he does concede a lot of goals and that worries me. Would also doubt his commitment long term if he was in his third job in English football in 12 months.

Roberto Mancini

Not sure how he's doing in Russia but wasn't particularly impressed with him at Inter. Think he's a solid manager but maybe not adventurous enough and seems to get into arguments wherever he goes.

Mikel Arteta

Sorry but no.

Walter Mazzarri

Surprised he did okay with Watford because he was awful at Inter. Not to our standard, I don't think.

Mark Hughes

Stokealona fraud. Cunt.

Chris Coleman

Obviously not.

Duncan Ferguson

Only if he headbutts Klopp on the touchline.

So yeah, I think weighing up what's realistic that Eddie Howe might be the best bet.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 24, 2017, 03:20:09 AM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
Surprised there haven't been a lot more shouts for Eddie Howe.

He's got more potential than Sean Dyche.
He plays a good brand of football.
He's an Evertonian.

Seems the most realistic appointment to me if we're to avoid Unsworth.

October 24, 2017, 03:32:12 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
There was talk of him getting the sack a while back due to a poor run of results and Bournemouth are currently a place below us in the league.

The "good brand of football" while managing a shit club... Martinez MkII?

Well you won't know until he manages a better club. The fact he's been there five years and they're still a PL club speaks volumes considering they've been the smallest club in the league during that time.

November 04, 2017, 11:21:11 PM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Eddie Howe lads.

Plays a brand of football which lends itself well to a better standard of players.

You won't be able to tell the difference between us and Burnley if Dyche comes here.

The fact he's brought in Wood, Barnes, Walters and Vokes tells you what sort of thing you're going to get if he comes here.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:22:51 PM by Shogun »

November 04, 2017, 11:30:48 PM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
He'll be able to afford better than them. He also signed Defour

Defour is nothing special imo.

Genuinely don't think Dyche is the right fit for us, he's done a decent job at Burnley and he's had an unreal start to the season but that's all it is, it's a start.

I don't want us playing the same Burnley do because that style will only get you so far.

November 05, 2017, 12:26:37 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator

November 05, 2017, 12:51:53 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
Also, Howevhas had quite a bit of money (relatively speaking) at Bournemouth and hasn't bought too well

Only really Ibe?

Mind you he'd probably buy Wilshere if he come here which has just put me off massively.

November 05, 2017, 02:50:00 AM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
Dyche has been doing a very good job for a number of years now.

It's ignorant to dismiss him as flavour of the month.

Done a good job at pragmatically keeping Burnley up on a limited budget.

Not sure how that qualifies him for this job.

November 05, 2017, 03:53:47 AM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
On the bright side, looks like Moyes is off to West Ham with Phil Neville as his assistant.

November 10, 2017, 11:51:01 PM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
Unsworth until the end of the season.

We try to get someone in before the World Cup but to no prevail.

Belgium then dazzle the world with their scintillating football going out in the semis to Brazil in glorious loser fashion.

Roberto Martinez then becomes the most sought after manager in world football and gets the call to return to the blues.

:)

The fuck is wrong with you?

November 11, 2017, 03:11:45 AM
Reply #10

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah at the end it was sludge

1-0 Belgium
1-1
2-1 Belgium
2-2
2-3 Mexico

November 12, 2017, 07:51:18 AM
Reply #11

Shogun

Administrator
I am so torn on Silva.

I like managers who have a certain way of playing because I think it brings some sort of identity to the side and Silva's style in particular seems to get the best out of the majority of players. Watford have had ten different goalscorers in the league this season whereas we've had four and that was only doubled last weekend. Considering we have no real recognisable striker and have brought in the likes of Sigurdsson, Sandro, Klaassen and Rooney to replace Lukaku's goals then you'd expect Silva to get a lot out of those players.

I do worry that he conceded seven in a match with Hull against Spurs last season and six against Man City this season. They threw away leads at Chelsea and against us in Martinez fashion but then, how much of that was his fault? Is it is fault that his keeper got injured? Is it his fault that their CB allowed Niasse to nick the ball and score? Is it his fault that Holebas fell over? probably not. However he also allowed Cleverley to take charge of the penalty which is a Martinez-esque decision considering Richarlison and Gray were on the pitch.

I have no idea what he'd do with our defence. We probably do have better individuals at the back than Watford but we lack so much pace that I don't think it suit's Silva's style at all.

Perhaps Martinez has just clouded my view of any manager that plays that sort of football but he'd be a better option than most. I don't think he's flavour of the month either. You can't just ignore his achievements with Estoril (which were outstanding), Sporting and Olympiacos because they weren't jobs on these shores.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:55:21 AM by Shogun »

November 14, 2017, 02:47:16 AM
Reply #12

Shogun

Administrator
Lets hope he brings cholevas with him

Did you miss our last match?

November 14, 2017, 06:24:55 AM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator
Burnley lost 4-0 to a Tony Pulis side last season.

November 17, 2017, 12:30:09 AM
Reply #14

Shogun

Administrator
Paul Clement anyone??

He knows how to get best out of our record signing and seems to be able to organise a defence better than Silva. Also he’s got plenty of experience developing young players and dealing with high end egos as well.

And also doing shite this season because he doesn’t have Sigurdsson to lump it to Llorente.