Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 50349 times)

kramer0, wepull and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 23, 2017, 08:05:56 PM
Reply #30

BlueNoseMike

Were we not linked with Favre the last time as well as Emery and Pelligrini.
What ever happened him?

At Nice and helped them finish 3rd last year. don't know about this year.

I was under the impression he was a young manager but he's close to 60. I'd consider him but I'd love go down the Poch/Silva route. Get some innovative young coach coming in

Probably get shot down for this but is AVB a mad shout? Still ridiculously young for a manager, had spurs playing lovely stuff and was unlucky with recruitment and getting sacked a bit too soon for me

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 08:07:31 PM
Reply #31

TheTone

At Nice and helped them finish 3rd last year. don't know about this year.

I was under the impression he was a young manager but he's close to 60. I'd consider him but I'd love go down the Poch/Silva route. Get some innovative young coach coming in

Probably get shot down for this but is AVB a mad shout? Still ridiculously young for a manager, had spurs playing lovely stuff and was unlucky with recruitment and getting sacked a bit too soon for me

I would seriously lose my shit if we hired AVB

October 23, 2017, 08:08:29 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

First things first - a shortlist of who wants it, then go from there

But won't you need to draw up a shortlist of people to approach first though.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:12:58 PM by Lxxx »

October 23, 2017, 08:08:43 PM
Reply #33

BlueNoseMike

I would seriously lose my shit if we hired AVB

Maybe it was a bad shout then haha. I suppose it highlights the fact that there aren't many options around though

October 23, 2017, 08:11:16 PM
Reply #34

BlueForYou

Big Sam would bring Little Sammy in - and possibly Nolan

Not my choice but could be Farhad's

(You could approach them all but none of them may want it)
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 23, 2017, 08:14:06 PM
Reply #35

hill135

I really don't know.

Silva would be exciting but then even RM and Ron have looked good in this league for a bit so he could go the way of them. Not sure he'd leave Watford a few months in to his contract.

Ancelotti I don't think is realistic and he's not really suited to a situation like the one we're currently in.

Tuchel I'm not convinced by as I thought his Dortmund team wasn't all that and they leaked goals with much better defenders than ours. Can't see his style working with our squad.

Howe, Dyche and any other English manager can eff off.

I'd say Unsworth until we can steal Silva from Watford. But then I wanted FDB last time and he turned out be absolute jam tarts so what do I know?

October 23, 2017, 08:16:47 PM
Reply #36

BlueForYou

Advertise it and see who comes forward
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 23, 2017, 08:20:32 PM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think Unsworth deserves a shot. Big gamble though. He can take charge in the interim at least and see how he gets on.

Wonder if Barkley will now sign a contract. There'll be a few relieved and happy players I reckon.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 23, 2017, 08:27:26 PM
Reply #38

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

The leading candidates

Sean Dyche is 9/4

David Unsworth 3/1

Carlo Ancelotti  8/1

Chris Coleman 12/1

David Moyes 16/1

October 23, 2017, 08:28:10 PM
Reply #39

BlueForYou

What's to say that they will take to the new manager?

On their bike, for some of them!

Harry Catterick

October 23, 2017, 08:39:29 PM
Reply #40

TheTone

I didn't have a problem with us getting Koeman after the shambles that was Martinez, only guessing like but on here it was probably 80-20 in favour of Koeman at the time

I think the next manager chosen will split Evertonians right down the middle, fuck knows who it will be or how it's going to go

Bit nervous actually

October 23, 2017, 08:43:06 PM
Reply #41

Normm

Unsworth has managed to inspire the youngsters to confidence and success. He needs to bring that experience into the first team. He understands the club and most of the young players very well and can get the best out of them. He is blue all through and I've no doubt that he can make the transition. Let's see until January ...

October 23, 2017, 08:46:47 PM
Reply #42

Lxxx

Well seeing as we have a game in a few days then Unsworth is the man in the hot seat, albeit temporarily. It's his to lose maybe, if we can grind out a win at Chelsea.

October 23, 2017, 08:49:35 PM
Reply #43

BlueForYou

I suppose Dyche has experienced relegation (and promotion)

"Not the end of the world - I'll bring you straight back up, I've proved it"

Careful now

Harry Catterick

October 23, 2017, 08:54:31 PM
Reply #44

Evertonian in NC

Silva until he says no.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin