Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 184713 times)

March 05, 2018, 02:43:48 PM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How about Wenger for a couple of seasons with Arteta as assistant? Although Wenger is getting on, he will get us playing the right way and also get us back on the map again with regards a big name manager. More likely to find a better replacement in a year or two compared to now, or Arteta to take over.

Wenger links are everywhere at the moment. I don’t see us getting anyone else decent in at this time. This could be a good stop gap in the short term.

Allardyce or Wenger?

If true of course.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 05, 2018, 02:53:57 PM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Why would Arteta go from being Pep's number 2 at City to Wenger's number 2 at Everton?!
Stranger things have happened. Who knows?

But anyway as far as the main manager I wouldn’t be adverse to Wenger replacing Fat Sam for the next season or two. I can’t see us getting anyone decent for the foreseeable thanks to the shit job all our managers have done this season.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 05, 2018, 05:52:46 PM
Reply #32

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
[quote author=blargins link=topic=94834.msg1437940#msg1437940 date=152023942

Wenger links are everywhere at the moment. I don’t see us getting anyone else decent in at this time. This could be a good stop gap in the short term

..................links are everywhere ?  the story comes from the Daily Star FFS

Does it? I saw it on many different sites.

March 05, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I just hope we can get someone in who knows what the fuck they’re doing and isn’t Fat Sam.

March 05, 2018, 09:18:34 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Has this been anywhere other than the Daily star?

I saw it everywhere but the Daily Star, but then it's probably just everyone else copying the Daily Star.

March 05, 2018, 09:30:58 PM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think we're all desperate for anyone but Sam.

I'd take an ashtray instead of sam right now.

March 11, 2018, 07:41:44 PM
Reply #36

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Christ not fucking Silva again. The man's a part timer. Would I rather him than Allardyce, well, yes, but I'd rather an ashtray than Allardyce. We surely can do better than either of these two flops, can't we?

March 11, 2018, 08:05:41 PM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think silva would be very good here.

You mean if he stayed more than a few months?

Still, if we got him, at least it would be for a ton less than the 15 mill we were prepared to pay a few months ago.

March 11, 2018, 08:12:08 PM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is Silva known to leave clubs voluntarily or something? I have no idea of his history.

Either quits or gets sacked. 4 different clubs in 4 years. His first appointment he spent longest at. I just don't think he's any good for stability reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Silva

The Sporting sacking is quite funny, although you'd have to think there was some deeper reason to be sacked than the excuse of not wearing a suit.

March 12, 2018, 02:47:55 AM
Reply #39

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If we were interested in him before, I'm really not sure why we haven't gone for him now. There's clearly no reason to stick with Fat Sam if he isn't the future. Surely it would be better to get him in now, bed in for the final 8 games of the season, work out who he wants and doesn't, and then plan for the next season.

Unless the plan isn't to go for him afterall.

March 12, 2018, 06:14:54 AM
Reply #40

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There may be a clause in his severance that he can't take another job until the summer, or more specifically the Everton job. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case, given the song and dance Watford made when sacking him.
Good point. Fingers crossed that’s the case then.

March 21, 2018, 09:07:29 AM
Reply #41

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Would Chelsea or Arsenal be his preferred destination? Both likely to be changing managers this summer.

May 17, 2018, 07:51:50 AM
Reply #42

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It’s mad isn’t it? Last time when we appointed Koeman the choices were minimal. This time there are so many options that it’s like being a kid in a candy shop. It’s almost harder to make the decision.

So many pros and cons. The Arteta link is intriguing. Silva is the obvious choice but not exactly sexy. Fonsesca is an unknown quantity. Emery perhaps a bit out of our league. And then there’s several others.

I think if there were minimal options I’d like to go for Arteta.

The smart choice would be Emery though.

May 17, 2018, 06:21:13 PM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I went for Emery as he's the best pedigree of the list imo.

It seems Silva is the favourite though, but I'm still not sold on him. But we could be the perfect fit for him.

May 19, 2018, 05:35:42 PM
Reply #44

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck me, now I really want Arteta to fail miserably at Arsenal. And I like the lad. FFS.

I do too. I want any manager to fail at Arsenal though.