Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 184718 times)

November 25, 2017, 01:48:15 AM
Reply #30

Evertonian in NC

hey, I always said Dyche was acceptable.  Just preferred Silva was all.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 25, 2017, 11:34:27 PM
Reply #31

Evertonian in NC

Just been told that the O'Neill stuff is bollocks, Silva is still number one of the list, we're gonna have one more go to try and get him, Moshiri was prepared to wait until the summer to get him and leave Unsworth in  charge but thats out of the window now, basically gonna tell Silva's representatives that its now or never in the hope he will tell Watford he wants to leave, failing that it will be Dyche who is extremely keen to speak to us, nobody else on the list.

This would make logical sense, too.  Dear God, please be the truth.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 26, 2017, 11:09:25 PM
Reply #32

Evertonian in NC

Full release clause for Dyche, please

November 27, 2017, 01:16:52 AM
Reply #33

Evertonian in NC

Dyche could also maybe turn Keane around mentally.  That was a factor I just put together today.  If both were equally available, I'd still lean Silva, but not worth any further fucking about.  They both have pros and cons to them.

November 28, 2017, 06:00:05 AM
Reply #34

Evertonian in NC

I know fuckall about Paulo Fonseca, but I will pray with all my might to every possible deity that he is our next manager.

It seems to be our only hope.  Christ, what a shambles.

November 28, 2017, 09:19:11 AM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

Great read on Fonseca's style and tactics here https://theback3.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/paulo-fonseca-a-man-of-style-and-maybe-europes-next-coaching-commodity/

Good read. Sounds like the "idea man" we need to rebuild some structure and confidence, in my view. Let's hope we are offering him and the unspeakable alternative is either a fallback or a smokescreen for the press.

November 28, 2017, 09:03:46 PM
Reply #36

Evertonian in NC

Please, if there is a God, show Yourself today. In the form of a handsome Portugeuse.

November 28, 2017, 09:13:37 PM
Reply #37

Evertonian in NC

Jesus. We're teetering on a knife edge here. A bright, progressive Champions League manager whose team play some excellent football or Sam Allardyce.

Talk about arriving at a crossroads!

Unreal that this is even being presented as a "choice" at all, but welcome to life in The Darkest Timeline. Also be prepared to be called a snowflake, I guess.

November 28, 2017, 10:43:04 PM
Reply #38

Evertonian in NC

Well, there is a subset of fans for whom the dream is Wayne Rooney surrounded by 9 pub side grifters. "That's real Everton" they will say.

Good for you and Allardyce skimming off the top as we spiral into the dumpster.

November 29, 2017, 05:36:57 AM
Reply #39

Evertonian in NC

No hope seen in the American press. But this whole process has been a clusterfuck whirlwind, I will keep hope alive until the evil deed is done.

Allardyce leaves every club in weaker position for the long-term. We can't afford that just because we are shitting ourselves over being 1 in 10 on betting sites to go down. Competent, progressive management will see us through.

Allardyce is a grifter. He only keeps every side up until the first time he doesn't. Things change. Sooner or later, his grifter luck will run out. And I'm trying to understand why the squad wouldn't listen to short-term Unsworth, but they'd listen to a short-term, known shyster like Allardyce.

March 05, 2018, 12:52:09 AM
Reply #40

Evertonian in NC

Arsene Wenger cannot be killed by conventional means.

March 05, 2018, 06:38:24 AM
Reply #41

Evertonian in NC

I'd be fine with Arteta being on the list, but I'd certainly go after 2 or 3 others (minimum) first.  He's a solid fallback, though.  Certainly like the way Pep runs things.

March 05, 2018, 09:00:42 PM
Reply #42

Evertonian in NC

I am liking Slavisa Jokanovic more and more but we may be under the illusion we are too big for him . Given the way we have set up the academy and the players he has put his faith in and the playing style at Fulham I think he is worth a look at .

My Fulham supporter buddy from Canadia will hunt me down and murder me.

March 05, 2018, 09:33:15 PM
Reply #43

Evertonian in NC

I think we're all desperate for anyone but Sam.

I'd take an ashtray instead of sam right now.

What do you have against my random Scouse alleycat?  :D

March 11, 2018, 11:05:28 PM
Reply #44

Evertonian in NC

Will be gettable I think as well, don’t think top clubs will fancy him.

Fonseca for me tho, força the juego de positión blues

This, I see an acceptable spectrum, from the giddy heights of Fonseca all the way down to "well, at least we got Silva, he should be more entertaining and reasonably effective if we don't fuck with him."