Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 152780 times)

October 24, 2017, 12:11:08 AM
Read 152780 times

Heisenberg

No way Mr Giggs, I would rather have Unsworth than you. But as someone else has already said, it would do Unsworth no favours if he gets the job for a few weeks or until the season ends and then Mr Big comes in with his management team and Unsie gets the push.

No way would unsworth take it this way. Nobody gets top jobs like this anymore really. If he performs well he may bag himself a job at a low end prem team or high championship team he can work his way up with

November 04, 2017, 04:29:12 AM
Reply #1

Heisenberg

Happy to exist FC

November 06, 2017, 07:34:08 PM
Reply #2

Heisenberg

It'll be Dyche then.

Dyche for five years is a depressing thought. 7th forever.

This is the problem for me. Both these managers won't be able to push us on from 7th it's depressing.

After Sam 'steadies the ship' with anyone it's a whole new rebuilding process to sort out the dross football. Nobody has ever actually pushed on after the ship steadying

November 25, 2017, 12:42:41 AM
Reply #3

Heisenberg

This comment might bite me on the ass but - 'ffs lads Martin O'Neill is not going to be our new manager!!!'

Im not so sure. I'm genuinely worried that they have no idea what they're doing. I think Moyes had us running better than most poeple think, its all gone tits up since he left

November 25, 2017, 12:52:40 AM
Reply #4

Heisenberg

We made a decent fist of the Europa under Roberto and at the time he was axed were in nowhere near the mess we are in now .

Pretty consistent decline since martinez first season. 5 seasons of no hope. Its been rough

November 29, 2017, 12:51:07 AM
Reply #5

Heisenberg

Fonseca is used to having the best squad in the league; he has a 75% win ratio at Shaktar. Does he know anything about fixing the poorest performing team in the league?

What about next season though. Does Allardyce know anything other than a relegation fight? no. Any half decent manager would sort the defence and keep us up. Not even taking into account the return of the 3 massive senior players over the next couple of months. We are only 4 points off 9th place ffs. Shithouse club

March 05, 2018, 03:14:40 AM
Reply #6

Heisenberg

It literally that shit at the minute Im definitely willing to give it to Arteta because I like his hair

March 05, 2018, 04:12:26 AM
Reply #7

Heisenberg

What credentials has arteta got? Genuine question

As a manager. He's won the same amount as Allarydyce. Maybe we would be better off getting an up and coming at the start of their career. Our current methodology hasnt been great

March 05, 2018, 10:49:52 PM
Reply #8

Heisenberg

I dont want anyone who's been in the prem previously. I cant think of one manager other than Poch that has moved to another prem club and done well in recent history. Its time we use the scouting network/DoF because our current method of 'prem proven' with both managers and players has been a shambles and a very expensive one, that war chest is going to dry up eventually if things dont change

May 16, 2018, 10:04:57 PM
Reply #9

Heisenberg

I'd go for;
Foncesca
Emery
Silva

In that order. We haven't got the bottle to sign players or managers who aren't "prem proven" though. A method that has worked ever so brilliantly for us in recent years.

That being said I wouldn't be gutted with Silva. I just think the other two would be more ambitious appointments and a step in the right direction.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:07:31 PM by Heisenberg »