Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 162371 times)

October 23, 2017, 10:07:25 PM
Read 162371 times

American Evertonian

Need to make a big statement here really, Ancelotti or Tuchel would be exactly that

Would like either of those. If we go for a domestic candidate I would love if we got Wagner. Think he will be an amazing manager and has great pedigree having managed the BVB academy prior to HUFC.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 24, 2017, 12:39:04 AM
Reply #1

American Evertonian

Wagner is an excellent shout.

I'm surprised more people haven't brought his name up yet. He is going toe-to-toe with some of the better PL clubs and has minuscule resources compared to us. Would be delighted if he came to us.

October 24, 2017, 02:49:13 AM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

We're in real trouble of being dragged into a relegation battle. We need someone who knows the league, our opponents and what's required to stay up.

Allardyce has left every club he's managed in a better position than when he took over.

You can fantasise all you like about foreign managers but at our level they fail much more often than they succeed. We can't afford the next manager to fail or we'll be relegated.

I'm with D_murph on this one. We have 30 matches left. Not about offering one of them the position then being stuck with their negative football the next two seasons. Will kill any potential to crack into CL within the next 4 years with one of those hires. Would rather keep Unsworth.

November 21, 2017, 12:53:34 AM
Reply #3

American Evertonian

I still don't get how we haven't been linked with Wagner. Think he would do a job for us

November 21, 2017, 01:35:23 AM
Reply #4

American Evertonian

The thought of him being patted on his head by his more famous friend at Derby time sends my blood cold.

The fact that they are friends shouldn't be a reason we don't consider him.

November 29, 2017, 02:51:24 AM
Reply #5

American Evertonian

2 of the 3 longest threads on this forum have been dedicated to Anichebe and ultimately Big Sam. Painful.

November 29, 2017, 09:02:50 AM
Reply #6

American Evertonian

I don't think it would take long to negotiate deal with Allardyce.

I think the main issue is that Shakhtar have a final CL group game against City on 6th Dec to qualify. We'd have West Ham, Huddersfield and Apollon before he could take over. It's only a about a week's time, but it's a problem for someone.

If waiting meant we got him then I would wait. Think the benefits outweigh the risk. I'm just worried we will get Big Sam for 7 months and we will invest in his types of players in Jan which may be useless come next season.

November 29, 2017, 06:12:35 PM
Reply #7

American Evertonian

As opposed to the players we invested in this summer that you were wax lyrical about?

Big Sam is here for 2 and a half years at least, get over it.

This is big sams real test, hes finally got a big club with ambition.
While he takes over at a time of crisis, he knows how to turn it around.
Great times ahead IMO

I'm not so sure he is going to get 2.5 years. If he was I think this would have been sorted quicker.

I'll get behind him when he is named manager but I don't think he is the one to take us forward (I'm not in the minority it seems).

November 29, 2017, 06:16:02 PM
Reply #8

American Evertonian

It may not be consolation to anyone but I do take solace in the reports about the managers we approached. At least we showed some ambition.

November 29, 2017, 07:18:36 PM
Reply #9

American Evertonian

Not having it, our managerial search was similar to our transfer policiy. We're in talks with Koulibaly, Sissoko, Perez, Witsel, Giroud etc who do we sign, not the same quality or in Girouds case, nobody! Whats the point of talking if you never get anything done? There are big issues with the people that gets deals over the line as clearly we rarely do.

All valid but I am at least happy we took the shots as opposed to just resigning ourselves to small players. We have to raise our profile before those players and managers come but you don't see the likes of WBA, West Ham, etc (around us in table) approaching managers or players of that quality.

March 12, 2018, 08:26:03 PM
Reply #10

American Evertonian

There may be a clause in his severance that he can't take another job until the summer, or more specifically the Everton job. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case, given the song and dance Watford made when sacking him.

I don't imagine they could add a clause to his contract before firing him - so a clause specifically mentioning Everton seems doubtful. Only way they could is if Silva agreed to it, but I see no reason why he would.

May 14, 2018, 07:02:28 AM
Reply #11

American Evertonian

Quite a few big clubs in Europe that will have head coaching vacancies this year: Bayern, PSG, Dortmund, Chelsea (if rumors are to be true), and Arsenal.

We may end up hoping to get the best of the rest. Assuming Ancelloti and Tuchel will fill two of those voids.

May 23, 2018, 09:27:03 PM
Reply #12

American Evertonian

Need to do another poll reset I think.

Although now, Silva will be the top pick as better options have been snapped up.

The only real reason I would be happy with the Silva hire is if Brands does in fact interview other candidates and comes to his own conclusion that Silva would be best for us moving forward. As long as due diligence is done then I won't complain with the Silva hire. I would just hate Brands to hire him because he is told to. Want to let him go through and establish his practice as the DoF.