Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 52383 times)

Shropshire Blue, GLewis and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 24, 2017, 12:42:02 AM
Reply #135

blueski

for me the new manager has to want the job and not wait a month to accept and then promptly go off on holiday instead of get started on the job at hand
Nil Satis

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 12:48:48 AM
Reply #136

Toffee1

October 24, 2017, 12:58:08 AM
Reply #137

Redartin

What about Joey Barton as manager and Jim White as Director of football. It a no brainer, they both know the club inside out.

It's no crazier than the Giggs shouts.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 24, 2017, 01:01:57 AM
Reply #138

Cereal Killer

Whoever it is we shouldn't be throwing 6 mil a year at them. We've paid out over 20 mil in compo in 18 months which is ridiculous and unsustainable.

Depending on who it was, make the contract a lot more performance specific e.g. If we're in the relegation zone again in the next 3 years you get no compensation you useless cunt

October 24, 2017, 01:06:14 AM
Reply #139

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently Mourinhos last contract with Chelsea had a clause in that the club would continue to pay him (weekly or monthly) until he found another club, instead of 1 big payout, which is why he took his time. Seems like a sensible option, however I'm not sure we're a big enough club to attract big managers and get them to agree to a similar clause.

I'm assuming Chelsea must have that with all their managers considering the amount they go through.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:07:25 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 24, 2017, 01:07:07 AM
Reply #140

Evertonian in NC

Don't care who we get as long as:

He is not ginger which rules out Moyes & Dyche,

He is not Dutch which rules out de Boer

He is not, or ever has been, involved in international management, ruling out Big Sam, Coleman, Martin O'Neill etc

He is not a current Premier League Manager ruling out Howe, Benitez, Silva etc

He is not called cunt ruling out Giggs and Mark Hughes

That should narrow things down a bit.

oh God, someone finally said Mark Hughes.  There goes my lunch.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 24, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
Reply #141

D_murph0278

The list of potential replacements is hardly inspiring. In fact, there's only Marco Silva I'd have at the moment and he won't be leaving Watford so soon after joining.
Unsworth is a good option for the club at the moment. More than anything we need team spirit and man management back and a settled system concentrating on the basics.... Defending well and being a threat going the other way. We've got a hell of a squad for someone to pick up with a clean slate and I honestly think the likes of Schneiderlen, Klassen, Williams and Martina are going to be watching from the stands pretty soon.
All of this "lack of experience" snobbery from a fair few on here is bullshit. We need to get back to basics first.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 24, 2017, 01:19:07 AM
Reply #142

BlueForYou

Giggs and Scholes - can you imagine, no thanks, not a chance

Well, it's Brendan Rodgers for me; offer him an 18 month contract, if it doesn't work out and Silva is still doing nicely, make a move for him - and then Rodgers to Sheff Wed, the team he supports

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 24, 2017, 01:19:11 AM
Reply #143

Redartin

Did Larry White AKA Laurent Blanc quit management after PSG? Or is it just nobody wanted him?
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 24, 2017, 01:22:34 AM
Reply #144

Rodenplav64

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

So many who don't inspire . Don't really want a man of the moment like Silva ,has done OK but his sides have also had some hidings and he was sacked by Olympiakos .
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:24:28 AM by Rodenplav64 »

October 24, 2017, 01:27:18 AM
Reply #145

D15TIN

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

So many who don't inspire . Don't really want a man of the moment like Silva ,has done OK but his sides have also had some hidings and he was sacked by Olympiakos .

Could draw a few comparisons to Martinez with him, that's my worry

October 24, 2017, 01:27:59 AM
Reply #146

Paddockoldie

Giggs has seen DCL's girlfriend...

Hope it was after and not before. Imagine finding that out!!

October 24, 2017, 01:32:01 AM
Reply #147

bigac

Alan Curbishley, surely. He's always available.

October 24, 2017, 01:34:57 AM
Reply #148

Running Blue

What about Joey Barton as manager and Jim White as Director of football. It a no brainer, they both know the club inside out.

It's no crazier than the Giggs shouts.

Fair point.  All three have 13 Premier League winner's medals, four FA Cup winner's medals, three League Cup winner's medals, two UEFA Champions League winner's medals, a FIFA Club World Cup winners medal, an Intercontinental Cup winner's medal, a UEFA Super Cup winner's medal and nine FA Community Shield winner's medals. 

The three of them each played for 20+ years under the most accomplished manager in British football as well.

It's one thing not to like Ryan Giggs, but let's be realistic here. 

October 24, 2017, 01:38:09 AM
Reply #149

Macca77

Wonder when the Martin O'Neill shouts will start