Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 49209 times)

dazfrancis, Risky and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 24, 2017, 02:43:31 AM
Reply #165

Trowel

I remember Moshiri talking about his ambition for the club along the lines of he's not getting any younger.

He strikes me as the sort of guy who will throw cash at Ancelotti on a short-term deal.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 02:44:29 AM
Reply #166

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Every appointment is a gamble. It maybe fun for us  saying we want this one or that one but we don't have a clue what really goes on behind the scenes.

Personally I think it all went wrong in Ellesmere Port that night.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 24, 2017, 02:45:04 AM
Reply #167

Mayor Farnum

one year and took them from relegation to top 4 and champion's league. Still in the top 4 this season.

Nick-named mini- Mourinho

Every manager that has a modicum of success under the age of thirty-five gets compared to Mourinho. What's AVB up to these days?

October 24, 2017, 02:46:39 AM
Reply #168

TheTone

great stuff in this thread, keep it up lids

October 24, 2017, 02:49:13 AM
Reply #169

American Evertonian

We're in real trouble of being dragged into a relegation battle. We need someone who knows the league, our opponents and what's required to stay up.

Allardyce has left every club he's managed in a better position than when he took over.

You can fantasise all you like about foreign managers but at our level they fail much more often than they succeed. We can't afford the next manager to fail or we'll be relegated.

I'm with D_murph on this one. We have 30 matches left. Not about offering one of them the position then being stuck with their negative football the next two seasons. Will kill any potential to crack into CL within the next 4 years with one of those hires. Would rather keep Unsworth.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 24, 2017, 02:49:56 AM
Reply #170

Redartin

Fair point.  All three have 13 Premier League winner's medals, four FA Cup winner's medals, three League Cup winner's medals, two UEFA Champions League winner's medals, a FIFA Club World Cup winners medal, an Intercontinental Cup winner's medal, a UEFA Super Cup winner's medal and nine FA Community Shield winner's medals. 

The three of them each played for 20+ years under the most accomplished manager in British football as well.

It's one thing not to like Ryan Giggs, but let's be realistic here. 

Have a look at Koeman's record as a player and look where that got us.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 24, 2017, 02:51:34 AM
Reply #171

Macca77

The thought of Sam Allardyce makes me sick to my stomach, seriously now, stop bringing his name up, he's an arrogant killer of football

October 24, 2017, 02:51:45 AM
Reply #172

Mayor Farnum

I'm with D_murph on this one. We have 30 matches left. Not about offering one of them the position then being stuck with their negative football the next two seasons. Will kill any potential to crack into CL within the next 4 years with one of those hires. Would rather keep Unsworth.

We're in the relegation places and without a manger and you mention CL. I thought we laughed at Newcastle for that kind of thing.

October 24, 2017, 02:52:36 AM
Reply #173

D15TIN

also worth noting that giggs was pretty shite as united manager when he was in charge

October 24, 2017, 02:53:51 AM
Reply #174

TheTone

Giggs and Scholes - can you imagine, no thanks, not a chance

Well, it's Brendan Rodgers for me; offer him an 18 month contract, if it doesn't work out and Silva is still doing nicely, make a move for him - and then Rodgers to Sheff Wed, the team he supports

October 24, 2017, 02:54:55 AM
Reply #175

Macca77

Some of you have clearly been smoking crack today

October 24, 2017, 02:57:39 AM
Reply #176

Running Blue

Have a look at Koeman's record as a player and look where that got us.

Of course, being a great player doesn't make a great manager, and being a shite player doesn't make a shite manager. 

However, the longevity of Gigg's career (at the top) suggests that the potential is there.  A player cannot play at the top level for 20+ years without understanding the game, being disciplined, and having a good work ethic.  I'm not sure that anyone has ever accused Barton of having any of those qualities. 

Then there's the fact of playing all of those years under Ferguson.  A student can study at Oxford or Cambridge for 20 years without learning anything, but at least they have been exposed to a great deal of wisdom. 

I'm not saying that Giggs should be the next manager.  However, I think he is easily distinguishable from Barton.

October 24, 2017, 02:57:41 AM
Reply #177

Mayor Farnum

The thought of Sam Allardyce makes me sick to my stomach, seriously now, stop bringing his name up, he's an arrogant killer of football

When did we all become football purists? I've seen the vast majority of Everton games for the last thirty-five years and we have never differentiated between a good win and a bad win. Believe me the 'team of the eighties' loved a corner.

October 24, 2017, 03:00:33 AM
Reply #178

D15TIN

Have I just seen Brendan Rodgers mentioned? jesus Christ.

October 24, 2017, 03:03:30 AM
Reply #179

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Have I just seen Brendan Rodgers mentioned? jesus Christ.

Now there's a shout. He's good at miracles
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: