Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 168743 times)

May 19, 2018, 04:13:49 PM
Reply #135

KoemansNumberTens

Ironic, that!

If Arteta was to manage Newcastle for the next two seasons and he gained successive 7th spot positions, would you then consider him?

To conclude: You are all in agreement that Silva will have a more successful managerial career than Arteta

Yes but whatís the problem with that. Heíd be somewhat proven then.

Itís like youíre suggesting his success is a certainty and so why wait but you have given no reasons to your confidence in him. Of course silva has a better management record. He has a decent management record and arteta doesnít have 1.

May 20, 2018, 03:54:43 PM
Reply #136

KoemansNumberTens

Exactly why Arteta would have also been a risk worth taking.

What formations does Arteta like to play? Whatís his eye for a player like? How is he at organising a defence?

Utterly baffled as how anyone on here can make a decision on arteta when we know absolutely nothing about him as a manager. Surely unless youíve spoke to him about his ideas youíve no clue if heís a risk worth taking or not

May 20, 2018, 04:04:53 PM
Reply #137

KoemansNumberTens

Your going to have a rather truncated forum if we can only comment on players, managers and coaches we've had a personal dialogue with.

Or seen them work. Otherwise what you basing your recommendation on

May 20, 2018, 04:17:07 PM
Reply #138

KoemansNumberTens

Reputation they have gained through working with the best team in the league. A reputation that filters down to the press and then to the supporters.
People haven't just woken up one morning and thought  'let's try and get Arteta a job'.

That's enough to know he's a risk worth taking? That's surely only enough to know he's worth talking to and actually finding out about his ideas as a manager

May 20, 2018, 04:18:33 PM
Reply #139

KoemansNumberTens

Reputation they have gained through working with the best team in the league. A reputation that filters down to the press and then to the supporters.
People haven't just woken up one morning and thought  'let's try and get Arteta a job'.

Klopp's and mourinho's number 2s are both out of work. Are they risks worth taking too. How do we decide between the 3

May 20, 2018, 04:26:56 PM
Reply #140

KoemansNumberTens

Well there would be a recruitment process. I'm not working in EFC HR myself, but can still feel comfortable that if we do appoint him due diligence would have been carried out.
If last season proved anything it's that we have little to lose. We can fuck up and not fall much behind our par finish. We haven't budgeted for Champions League and missing out on Europa League is considered a blessing.
The shortfall from finishing eighth rather than seventh is easily covered and shouldn't inhibit us from trying to steal a march on better placed clubs by taking a gamble they feel they can't afford.

So he's worth an interview is what you're saying. Past that none of us know

May 21, 2018, 01:45:50 AM
Reply #141

KoemansNumberTens

Wasnít Steve McLaren Fergies number 1 at one point?

Yeah and before that Brian Kidd. Doesnít always translate to being a good manager

May 22, 2018, 01:51:15 AM
Reply #142

KoemansNumberTens

David Ornstein of the BBC has tweeted and has confirmed on Radio 5 that Unai Emery will be announced as the next Arsenal manager by the end of the week.

Much more sensible than arteta.

May 22, 2018, 01:54:52 AM
Reply #143

KoemansNumberTens

Interesting, is he reliable or just a hack

Emery is 1to6 now so it seems the market thinks itís happening

May 22, 2018, 02:26:27 AM
Reply #144

KoemansNumberTens

Arteta would be a ridiculous risk. Based on the fact Guardiola likes him? Honestly it would be crazy. I imagine all managers like their coaches.

May 23, 2018, 10:47:00 PM
Reply #145

KoemansNumberTens

I think he'll be back and buzzing that it's a fresh start under a new setup, with a bit more of a swagger in his step from his exploits in Germany. Not remotely worried about losing Lookman.

Yeah I think heíll be more than happy to come back assuming heís in the new managers plans. I donít think thereís anything to worry about