Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 167947 times)

March 11, 2018, 03:56:56 PM
Reply #135

Waltzer

A lot of the talk on Optus Sport yesterday (during our game) was that the Silva rumours are gathering traction again. Not sure if this is something that's being reported in the UK?

Was all up for this at the time, but the more I think about it I dont get what all the fuss is about, he spent more at Watford than his predecessors yet his win record was worse than Materazzi and all before. If he was English he wouldnt get half the exposure he does. Id rather have him than Sam, but that shouldnt be the bar for appointing our next manager

March 21, 2018, 01:04:34 PM
Reply #136

Waltzer

Would Chelsea or Arsenal be his preferred destination? Both likely to be changing managers this summer.

Without doubt they'd be his preferred destination, I just dont think hed be top of either of their lists, especially Chelsea. Hes had success in a small league where he has the financial clout to succeed, its a big risk, but ifs a big risk that will entertain which is the appeal.

March 21, 2018, 03:39:05 PM
Reply #137

Waltzer

Yet Moshiri has done zilch from a football perspective other than fuck up the squad by backing his man . I know I can be a bit negative but I am amazed by the blind optimism of some .

EDIT . I still think Jokanovic is worth a look after Moshiri has ran his thumb over the Top 5 Managers in world football .

I agree but its a hard one to judge. I expect off the field were a much more efficient business, with better sponsorship deals etc, but do fans really care about that? On the field we have gone from living with in our means, being hard to beat, full of passions, to a team of over paid players with little apparent care for the team who have a tenancy to roll over and have their tummy tickled.
It is good that he backs the manager, but he needs to take some ownership and realise when things are miles off track and were heading for the rocks at a rate of knots

May 18, 2018, 03:13:41 AM
Reply #138

Waltzer

Whoever gets the job will have to be given a warchest to bring their own players in as well as making the current bunch learn how to defend, pass and shoot the ball in between those two sticks.
The 100 million touted wouldn't even touch the sides,  we'd need miles more.  Left back,  centre back,  holding midfielder, left wing,  top centre forward as a minimum.  Plus we'd probably need a fair chunk to get rid of a large amount of the s**t in the squad