Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 52039 times)

Waltzer, van der Meyde, Risky, Lincs Toffee, sirblue57, Thornton_19, therealdunc, pjk, Alanvideo, Cassius and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 24, 2017, 03:48:17 AM
Reply #210

Mayor Farnum

Ancelotti

Dream on.

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 03:49:08 AM
Reply #211

KoemansNumberTens

Surprised there haven't been a lot more shouts for Eddie Howe.

He's got more potential than Sean Dyche.
He plays a good brand of football.
He's an Evertonian.

Seems the most realistic appointment to me if we're to avoid Unsworth.

Why has he got more potential the dyche?

October 24, 2017, 03:49:23 AM
Reply #212

Waltzer

Just looking at the odds, wouldn't turn my nose up at Enrique 😀

October 24, 2017, 03:49:47 AM
Reply #213

D15TIN

Ancelotti
Wonder if he'd be motivated enough to do it though, would he come in and sort the mess were in, and grind results out? I don't see it.

October 24, 2017, 03:51:05 AM
Reply #214

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Itís pretty likely that weíve decided that we werenít likely to end up finishing higher than 7th under Koeman by the end of next season, and therefore wasnít going to be worth the hassle of this season etc.

You donít sack someone with a decent track record to appoint a manager without one - so that rules out Dyche and Howe.

Allardyce is clearly good for a lower level club but again thereís no bearing to us.

We pay £6m a year - there should be a big list of managers with an appropriate style thatís current and also some sort of track record of relative success at similar level clubs.

October 24, 2017, 03:51:31 AM
Reply #215

D15TIN

Surprised there haven't been a lot more shouts for Eddie Howe.

He's got more potential than Sean Dyche.
He plays a good brand of football.
He's an Evertonian.

Seems the most realistic appointment to me if we're to avoid Unsworth.
Few similarities to Martinez I think, defences wide open - One of only 2 teams weve beaten this season. Not sure he could go in and have the big players respect

October 24, 2017, 03:52:41 AM
Reply #216

D15TIN

It could be a total unknown of course, whose that Shakhtar manager weve been linked with? Every chance it could be him out of nowhere. A risk like.

October 24, 2017, 03:52:52 AM
Reply #217

Waltzer

Why has he got more potential the dyche?
I might be a little harsh but I see Dyche as a younger Joe Kinnear. His tactics are so pre historic it'll never last. It's route 1 at its worst and I would be devastated to win 1 nil every week with 20% possession. Dyche will soon get found out.  Wouldn't be my choice for sure

October 24, 2017, 03:53:18 AM
Reply #218

Waltzer

It could be a total unknown of course, whose that Shakhtar manager weve been linked with? Every chance it could be him out of nowhere. A risk like.
Fonseca isn't it?

October 24, 2017, 03:53:31 AM
Reply #219

Macca77

Dream on.

You don't ask then you don't get, his name should top of the list

October 24, 2017, 03:54:03 AM
Reply #220

KoemansNumberTens

Just looking at the odds, wouldn't turn my nose up at Enrique 😀

Think hed be a horrible appointment. Not sure he's very good at all. Him and Mancini would be way down the bottom of my list. 2 managers who are very lucky with the situations they inherited. Crap and would cost a fortune

October 24, 2017, 03:54:21 AM
Reply #221

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I might be a little harsh but I see Dyche as a younger Joe Kinnear. His tactics are so pre historic it'll never last. It's route 1 at its worst and I would be devastated to win 1 nil every week with 20% possession. Dyche will soon get found out.  Wouldn't be my choice for sure
He wouldnít be a consideration if they hadnít beaten Chelsea at the start of the season.

Itís the equivalent of picking a manager following cup results...

October 24, 2017, 03:54:54 AM
Reply #222

Bluedylan

Itís pretty likely that weíve decided that we werenít likely to end up finishing higher than 7th under Koeman by the end of next season, and therefore wasnít going to be worth the hassle of this season etc.

You donít sack someone with a decent track record to appoint a manager without one - so that rules out Dyche and Howe.

Allardyce is clearly good for a lower level club but again thereís no bearing to us.

We pay £6m a year - there should be a big list of managers with an appropriate style thatís current and also some sort of track record of relative success at similar level clubs.

Welcome back.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 24, 2017, 03:55:37 AM
Reply #223

Rodenplav64

Surprised no love for Julian Nagelsman. Wouldn't mind him at all.

Nagelsman was just an Unsworth type before Hoffenheim gave him a chance .

October 24, 2017, 03:57:34 AM
Reply #224

KoemansNumberTens

I just want to win. Would be lovely to play fantastic open football but winning is what's really important

Also do good teams ever really play bad football. Not suggesting we are a good team (we clearly aren't currently) but surely dyche managing a top aide would at worse look something like a mourinho side in terms of style? I think we are way too snobby. I'd take some of the names people seem horrified by.

Rodgers would be near the top of the list if he weren't so embarrassing and didn't have history with Liverpool. He's a very good coach