Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 50645 times)

everton1952, plumber and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 24, 2017, 03:59:04 AM
Reply #225

KoemansNumberTens

You don't ask then you don't get, his name should top of the list

How good is he though really. He's managed superstars for a long time. I'd sooner someone up and coming than just a massive name

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 03:59:39 AM
Reply #226

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Nagelsman was just an Unsworth type before Hoffenheim gave him a chance .

They’re a lot more willing to give young coaches a chance in Germany.

Although they’ve a much stronger history of coaching qualifications etc. which I think provides them with more confidence that they can make the step up.

October 24, 2017, 03:59:40 AM
Reply #227

Bluedylan

It’s pretty likely that we’ve decided that we weren’t likely to end up finishing higher than 7th under Koeman by the end of next season, and therefore wasn’t going to be worth the hassle of this season etc.

You don’t sack someone with a decent track record to appoint a manager without one - so that rules out Dyche and Howe.

Allardyce is clearly good for a lower level club but again there’s no bearing to us.

We pay £6m a year - there should be a big list of managers with an appropriate style that’s current and also some sort of track record of relative success at similar level clubs.

Opinion on Koeman being fired?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 24, 2017, 04:02:11 AM
Reply #228

Waltzer

Nagelsman was just an Unsworth type before Hoffenheim gave him a chance .
I get the feeling that moshiri likes the limelight and recruiting Unworth isn't high on the agenda. From his previous statement about appointing Koeman I think he was more worried about having a big name, rather than the right name. This may have changed his mind but I don't think so, we will go for a big name in the game regardless of who is the most suitable candidate.

October 24, 2017, 04:05:05 AM
Reply #229

Mayor Farnum

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place. We haven't got the pull to get a very top manager. So we are trying to weed out a good one from the teams below us. The problem is plenty of managers can get teams promoted and hang around the lower end of the league for a few years before they either get relegated; or if they get their big move usually fail.

It's Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche at the moment, It was Martinez a couple of years ago and before that it was Nigel Person. Statistically it's going to be difficult to find the good one.

The other option is trying to find someone from the continent; but foreigners coming in to the bottom half of the PL have a poor record.

October 24, 2017, 04:10:14 AM
Reply #230

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Still Dyche out in front

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 24, 2017, 04:10:28 AM
Reply #231

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Opinion on Koeman being fired?

Given the whole atmosphere and that we’ve got money then I think it was right.

Still think the striker issue took the legs from under his preferred approach but we shouldn’t be woeful by this stage (and 17 games).

Think he expects top level players to be able to “just do” things and doesn’t know how to get his point across.

He’s not useless like some others in that what he wants is generally sound but I noticed a few weeks ago that Keane said he showed him clips of other players bring the ball out from the back but didn’t do too much actual stuff on the training pitch.

I’d imagine others (Pochettino for example) would really drill this into a player.

So I can see why if a player is low on confidence that he’s not actually doing enough to help bring them through. He was top class as a player so it would have been so much easier for him. Maybe he can’t understand why some players can’t, hence the number of changes half to half / game to game. They don’t get it, hook them off etc.

Plus I think it’s hitting Home that I don’t think we’ve had a manager with something that puts us ahead of the curve since Moyes’ first year or the use of 4/5/1 in 2004/05.

October 24, 2017, 04:10:40 AM
Reply #232

Waltzer

I just want to win. Would be lovely to play fantastic open football but winning is what's really important

Also do good teams ever really play bad football. Not suggesting we are a good team (we clearly aren't currently) but surely dyche managing a top aide would at worse look something like a mourinho side in terms of style? I think we are way too snobby. I'd take some of the names people seem horrified by.

Rodgers would be near the top of the list if he weren't so embarrassing and didn't have history with Liverpool. He's a very good coach
I get what you're saying but I just don't see it as a long term solution. as a rule its teams that have the football that'll win in the long run, Dyche approach seems to be keep it tight and hopefully they'll get something. It's a tight margin he plays but to his credit its working this season.
Personally I think its a no brainer to go for Allardyce until the end of the season, no more. It'll ensure were safe while we plan for the next move, we don't need to rush this as our season was done before it started when we didn't get a striker in.

October 24, 2017, 04:10:41 AM
Reply #233

Running Blue

if we got Moyes id kill myself

That strikes you as being a sensible solution?

October 24, 2017, 04:14:59 AM
Reply #234

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think all these names getting mentioned by the press and bookies are just getting plucked from thin air.

October 24, 2017, 04:15:16 AM
Reply #235

blueski

caretaker manager has probably been decided already at least behind closed doors? have to think there would be an announcement of that first thing tomorrow seeing as there will be a presser for the chelsea game and someone has to go do it
 edit: been announced  - didn't see the twitter post - unsy it is then
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:17:32 AM by blueski »
Nil Satis

October 24, 2017, 04:15:18 AM
Reply #236

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
That strikes you as being a sensible solution?

Yes
I have to return some videotapes.

October 24, 2017, 04:15:22 AM
Reply #237

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What about a Tuchel/Rangnick dream team?

October 24, 2017, 04:18:06 AM
Reply #238

BlueBeagle

caretaker manager has probably been decided already at least behind closed doors? have to think there would be an announcement of that first thing tomorrow seeing as there will be a presser for the chelsea game and someone has to go do it
 edit: been announced  - didn't see the twitter post - unsy it is then

Already said it's Unsworth
Edit: Didn't see your edit!

October 24, 2017, 04:19:12 AM
Reply #239

blueski

Already said it's Unsworth
Edit: Didn't see your edit!
yep

hope he does well
Nil Satis