Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 191033 times)

October 24, 2017, 01:34:57 AM
Read 191033 times

Running Blue

What about Joey Barton as manager and Jim White as Director of football. It a no brainer, they both know the club inside out.

It's no crazier than the Giggs shouts.

Fair point.  All three have 13 Premier League winner's medals, four FA Cup winner's medals, three League Cup winner's medals, two UEFA Champions League winner's medals, a FIFA Club World Cup winners medal, an Intercontinental Cup winner's medal, a UEFA Super Cup winner's medal and nine FA Community Shield winner's medals. 

The three of them each played for 20+ years under the most accomplished manager in British football as well.

It's one thing not to like Ryan Giggs, but let's be realistic here. 

October 24, 2017, 02:57:39 AM
Reply #1

Running Blue

Have a look at Koeman's record as a player and look where that got us.

Of course, being a great player doesn't make a great manager, and being a shite player doesn't make a shite manager. 

However, the longevity of Gigg's career (at the top) suggests that the potential is there.  A player cannot play at the top level for 20+ years without understanding the game, being disciplined, and having a good work ethic.  I'm not sure that anyone has ever accused Barton of having any of those qualities. 

Then there's the fact of playing all of those years under Ferguson.  A student can study at Oxford or Cambridge for 20 years without learning anything, but at least they have been exposed to a great deal of wisdom. 

I'm not saying that Giggs should be the next manager.  However, I think he is easily distinguishable from Barton.

October 24, 2017, 04:10:41 AM
Reply #2

Running Blue

if we got Moyes id kill myself

That strikes you as being a sensible solution?