Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 167930 times)

October 24, 2017, 12:42:02 AM
Read 167930 times

blueski

for me the new manager has to want the job and not wait a month to accept and then promptly go off on holiday instead of get started on the job at hand
Nil Satis

October 24, 2017, 04:15:16 AM
Reply #1

blueski

caretaker manager has probably been decided already at least behind closed doors? have to think there would be an announcement of that first thing tomorrow seeing as there will be a presser for the chelsea game and someone has to go do it
 edit: been announced  - didn't see the twitter post - unsy it is then
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:17:32 AM by blueski »
Nil Satis

October 24, 2017, 04:19:12 AM
Reply #2

blueski

Already said it's Unsworth
Edit: Didn't see your edit!
yep

hope he does well
Nil Satis

October 24, 2017, 04:40:44 AM
Reply #3

blueski

There have been plenty of caretaker managers that have got an initial boost out of the team but it tends to go pear shaped when they get the job full time. Anyone know of a caretaker manager that has got the job and gone on to great things?
seems natural, the initial boost and inevitable fall off

the players will feel badly and also know the replacement manager candidates will be watching matches closely meaning they could play themselves into the team or into the squad or out the door over the next few weeks

regardless the caretaker manager spot seems likely to land Unsy a job somewhere regardless of how it goes I'd think

Nil Satis

October 30, 2017, 04:42:23 AM
Reply #4

blueski

I do worry about a Tuchel or Ancellotti to be fair

They are big enough names that they could come here to a team in the relegation zone and fail here, take a massive payout from Moshiri and still get another job.

I'd say we should be getting somebody who's going to be committed enough and have enough to lose to put 110% into the job. Of course the flip side of that is a less established person has less of a track record and could find the task just too big for their skills

Massively difficult decision for Moshiri
Nil Satis

October 30, 2017, 06:51:42 AM
Reply #5

blueski

If we lose to Watford (assuming we haven’t made an appointment by then) then I genuinely think we’ll go for Big Sam or Dyche...and however unglamorous, they’d probably be the right people for the job.

I expect us up lose to Watford, BTW.
I have to be honest - I think both are pretty dire from a footballing standpoint and in terms of the ideal Everton should be shooting for, if that happens I would completely understand based on where we are at the moment and would have to say I'd feel like both would keep us up

Really hoping we are in a comfortable spot in March or April thinking it was a little foolish to be worried back in October

Nil Satis